PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thought on the Offense - 8:57 Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well, this is a bit early. But I will presume the cuts of Waldron, Urban, Holly and Taylor. I include Waters. There is certainly room to add an OT, WR or even upgrade at RB.

OFFENSE (24)

QB (2) Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett
RB (5) Stevan Ridley, Danny Woodhead, Brandon Bolden, Jeff Demps, Shane Vereen
WR (4) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater
TE (4) Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Daniel Fells, Visanthe Shiancoe
C (2) Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell
G (3) Logan Mankins, Brian Waters, Donald Thomas
T (4) Nate Solder, Sebastian Vollmer, Marcus Cannon, Nick McDonald

I know theres still Hernandez and Gronkowski but man the WR depth is so bad, its feeling like 2009 where Julian Edelman was the 3rd WR and thats not good. If Lloyd doesn't work out well or gets injured, the offense is basically vulnerable. Just jam the receivers like the Jets did in 2010 and Brady plays like crap.

Shiancoe was reported released a few hours ago.

I wouldn't assume anything.

Well, this is a bit early. But I will presume the cuts of Waldron, Urban, Holly and Taylor. I include Waters. There is certainly room to add an OT, WR or even upgrade at RB.

OFFENSE (24)

QB (2) Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett
RB (5) Stevan Ridley, Danny Woodhead, Brandon Bolden, Jeff Demps, Shane Vereen
WR (4) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater
TE (4) Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Daniel Fells, Visanthe Shiancoe
C (2) Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell
G (3) Logan Mankins, Brian Waters, Donald Thomas
T (4) Nate Solder, Sebastian Vollmer, Marcus Cannon, Nick McDonald
Holley and Taylor wont both be cut unless another WR is signed.
Bolden and/or Shiancoe seem to still be in the danger zone

well how bout bill belichcik and nick caserio stop acting like mike tannenbum... and stop handcuffing tom brady.. yes we have 2 great tight ends.. and brandon lloyd is a upgrade over ocho stinko.. but come on.. i was not happy with deion branch as the only other option but when u cut him... wtf.... ok... bring back gaffney or work on a trade... 4 months ago we had this great wr depth now we are 2006 or even worse....

That smells like panic.

Shiancoe and Bolden made the cut FWIW...Holley and Taylor didn't.

Last edited:
Shankhoe is finito...

Could they cut Branch, just so tey don't have to guarantee his salary? I doubtthere will be many teams beating down the door for his services.

I, like some, am very nervous about what the offense will look like. However, BB and co. have been at this for quite some time, so I guess I have to give them some benefit of doubt.

Looking at that receiver depth chart makes me wonder which offensive lineman is going to be reporting in as eligible each play.

Looking at that receiver depth chart makes me wonder which offensive lineman is going to be reporting in as eligible each play.

Either that or, maybe, just maybe, Edelman's actually made an impression with them. . . .

shanccioe who we did not see all preseason is here. but something tells me gaffeny will be back....

Either that or, maybe, just maybe, Edelman's actually made an impression with them. . . .

That would be quite an impression, seeing as how they've been trying to get him more involved in the offense for years, without burning down everything else at his position.

I think they just cut some players they feel didn't deserve to be on the team Week 1. Branch can't beat coverage, Gaffney is currently in the tub, and Stallworth just didn't fit.

4 months ago we had this great wr depth now we are 2006 or even worse....

There was nobody of the caliber of Lloyd and Welker on the 2006 team. Add two TE's who are 10 times the threat of anybody on that team....

There was nobody of the caliber of Lloyd and Welker on the 2006 team. Add two TE's who are 10 times the threat of anybody on that team....

so what happens when the defense does not worry about the deep ball and just covers underneath... just see tapes of sb 46 and the jets game 2 years ago

so what happens when the defense does not worry about the deep ball and just covers underneath... just see tapes of sb 46 and the jets game 2 years ago

Nobody worries about the deep ball with Branch, Gaffney or Stallworth either. Pray for Matthew Slater.

So, Edelman is our #3 receiver after all. Any of the Edelcritics going to own up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes