PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thought for "protest" for game 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL is a massive money making enterprise whose product is arguably the most important business ingredient to many visual media companies. The marriage of the NFL/NFL product + broadcast/cable television + advertising/consumer analytics + political/administrative power is of such heft and cohesion that it would take a tectonic shift for these entities to rethink this marriage to any measurable degree.
So I strongly urge you to keep expectations within the real world. An in game protest will not change the NFL's business, Brady's punishment, or the dynamics of this marriage to any discernible degree.

With that said, the protest can accomplish what I would call a 'chop! chop!'. Like a nearby home to Goodell cranking their music up so loud at midnight it makes Good Ole Rog have a lousy night's sleep.
But this protest will take something that is easily seen on TV. For example a row of people spelling out 'Goodell Is A Liar' with each person/each letter in a large font. Again it isn't going to cause an iota of less business but it will get the non bought and paid for establishment media talking about it. This should be sufficient to get a bit under Rog's skin. I don't know, maybe getting a little under his skin is a win albeit a tiny one.

The only protest that can matter would be winning SB LI and rubbing it in the face of everyone, starting with Goodell.

Nobody outside of Patriots Nation will pay attention to or care about anything that is done in the stands.

So, those of you with season tickets, get your money's worth and don't miss a play of the action. As Pats fans and defenders of Brady, we're already dismissed around the country as a bunch of blindly loyal homers. (I live in NYC. You can take my word for that.)
Reminder: I have long since dismissed the rest of the country as being the stupid, ignorant (and mostly racist) morons that they are.

That's why I've always rooted for the Patriots in the first place!!!!

The NFL is a massive money making enterprise whose product is arguably the most important business ingredient to many visual media companies. The marriage of the NFL/NFL product + broadcast/cable television + advertising/consumer analytics + political/administrative power is of such heft and cohesion that it would take a tectonic shift for these entities to rethink this marriage to any measurable degree.
So I strongly urge you to keep expectations within the real world. An in game protest will not change the NFL's business, Brady's punishment, or the dynamics of this marriage to any discernible degree.

With that said, the protest can accomplish what I would call a 'chop! chop!'. Like a nearby home to Goodell cranking their music up so loud at midnight it makes Good Ole Rog have a lousy night's sleep.
But this protest will take something that is easily seen on TV. For example a row of people spelling out 'Goodell Is A Liar' with each person/each letter in a large font. Again it isn't going to cause an iota of less business but it will get the non bought and paid for establishment media talking about it. This should be sufficient to get a bit under Rog's skin. I don't know, maybe getting a little under his skin is a win albeit a tiny one.

OK, maybe it's just me, but:

An unexplained theft/vandalism occurs at the stadium after the last preseason game, wherein the players' helmets are all lost or damaged. Kraft immediately orders replacements, but somehow they wind up as the throwback helmets from 2012. With little time left, Bob then orders the corresponding throwback uniforms to match the helmets. Then, as an explanation, it's announced at the start of the Cardinals game that the team is wearing these to honor the fortieth anniversary of the Spirit of '76 team, and the nation's bicentennial.

This way, we may all season long, right through to the last game in Houston, all deliver one giant "F*ck You" to all the Patriots detractors, ever. Right up the ass.

For our enlightenment, please tell us what Brady did and what evidence you've unearthed to back it up.
You didn't address the question to me, but I'll try to answer it:

Tom Brady has played 14 full seasons as the starting QB for his team, missing most of one season as a Rookie and most of another to injury.
He's led his team to 13 Division titles, more than any QB in NFL History.
He's taken his team to 10 Conference Championship Games, more than any QB in NFL History.
He's taken his team to six Super Bowls.
He's won four Super Bowls.
He's been SB MVP three times.
He's been League MVP twice.
He's been eligible for more Pro Bowls than I can count.
He did all of the above in the Cap and Free Agency era.

No one was supposed to have a career like that and no team was supposed to be that successful in the Cap and Free Agency era.

Owners were supposed to be able to tell the media and their fans that they should be happy to make the Playoffs every few years and maybe get to a Super Bowl once in a Decade.

The Owners didn't like that.

Tom Brady has played 14 full seasons as the starting QB for his team, missing most of one season as a Rookie and most of another to injury.
He's taken his team to 10 Conference Championship Games, more than any QB in NFL History.

No one was supposed to have a career like that and no team was supposed to be that successful in the Cap and Free Agency era.

Owners were supposed to be able to tell the media and their fans that they should be happy to make the Playoffs every few years and maybe get to a Super Bowl once in a Decade.

I understand what you're saying and I agree, but he was claiming Brady actually was guilty of altering football PSI and that we should just accept it.

they are taking the ". Brady did it " as meaning as he ordered the deflation of the footballs, i took it to mean, he took the suspension instead of fighting it

Can you clarify that comment?
ah, i see now. I meant that Brady has let it go and has moved on and so should we. No way do i think Brady did anything wrong.

thanks for pointing that out

Spot on.
(1) 2nd year since the 60s that I'm not going to games. 0 last year, a sad first. Admittedly I know I will waver as I will go see Brady play before retirement, but no more multiple games per year.
(2) Haven't bought any NFL products including SB DVD which I used to buy. Had daughter buy me a TB12 shirt instead. No NFL or Kraft revenue there.
(3) Called Comcast last year and told them to drop me down a tier so that I no longer had NFLN. The only thing I miss about NFLN is that I used to watch Jets pre-season games for a laugh.
(4) Skipping training camp again this summer but no NFL revenue impact.

Boycotting the revenue stream is noble. But, training camp is a blast. You should definitely get down there this year and check out Ted Karras while he's still on the roster. He is a much bigger version of Brad Marchand.

never was a fan or even understood the "boycott" cries...waste of time, never happens...just let it go
go to the game...have a blast tail gating..scream your lungs out willing the team to win...celebrate the win at Pats Place after the game, letting the traffic settle down....perfect Sunday in the fall

Boycotting the revenue stream is noble. But, training camp is a blast. You should definitely get down there this year and check out Ted Karras while he's still on the roster. He is a much bigger version of Brad Marchand.
while Cooper got the hype early, he has sucked the past few years. Karros has a real chance here. showing very well for himself in camp. Scar seems to really like him

ah, i see now. I meant that Brady has let it go and has moved on and so should we. No way do i think Brady did anything wrong.

thanks for pointing that out
You said, "Brady did it." That's what people are reacting to. You did not say, "Brady has moved on."

An unexplained theft/vandalism occurs at the stadium after the last preseason game, wherein the players' helmets are all lost or damaged. Kraft immediately orders replacements, but somehow they wind up as the throwback helmets from 2012. With little time left, Bob then orders the corresponding throwback uniforms to match the helmets. Then, as an explanation, it's announced at the start of the Cardinals game that the team is wearing these to honor the fortieth anniversary of the Spirit of '76 team, and the nation's bicentennial.

This way, we may all season long, right through to the last game in Houston, all deliver one giant "F*ck You" to all the Patriots detractors, ever. Right up the ass.

by Mastroianni and Hart
  • August 15, 2016
  • From Beginning
  • Previous feature
  • calendar.jpg

No need to peel the NFL decal either.

So here we are, everybody got your alibis ready? Time to implement Phase I. Happy Labor Day!

Well, no leaks to the media, so far, so good

BTW: First, I did shut up about our uni's for over twenty years - suffering mostly in silence

Second, I'm not the one who opened that disingenuous exhibit over there last Friday

How's about I stroll down to Pittsburgh, introduce myself and say, "I'm from Boston, and the league sent me here to take care of things while the Rooneys are away, and after being here a couple weeks it's clear to me you guys need an image makeover, so we'll be completely replacing your logo and uniforms...the helmets will definitely be yellow, as it's historically accurate - U.S. Steel uses yellow safety hats - and the uni's will be much worse than your throwbacks, something reflecting what's popular in 2016...some shade of blue jerseys. As for the logo, company's will be used (USS), preceded by a capital "W" to incorporate that winning tradition:
is
144px-USS.svg.png

Now, anybody thinking that I'm subsequently attending anything other than my funeral is being unrealistic

No one will skip a game, no one is going to say a chant more complicated than "Free Brady" and no one is going to pay any attention. These protest ideas keep getting more absurd as time goes on.

Yeah in US sports which is mostly devoid of real fans and essentially full of customers in the stands it is unrealistic to expect impressive protest like they do in futbol games in Europe where they leave entire stands empty for 10-15 minutes or just build a big tifo to transport the message.

You said, "Brady did it." That's what people are reacting to. You did not say, "Brady has moved on."

what he said: "I think we just need to let this go and get ready for the season. Brady did it and it is time for us to move on."

my interpretation: "let this go" = "it"

meaning: "I think we just need to let this go and get ready for the season. Brady did let this go and it is time for us to move on."

Last edited:
what he said: "I think we just need to let this go and get ready for the season. Brady did it and it is time for us to move on."

my interpretation: "let this go" = "it"

meaning: "I think we just need to let this go and get ready for the season. Brady let this go and it is time for us to move on."
Good clarification.

As for who "did it" I'd say it was the court, showing a complete absence of common sense, justice or sanity.

They ruled the following: that Goodell can pick on any player, say, for example because he's black; make up some crap, punish his team like they committed bloody murder and suspend the guy for life.

125px-National_Football_League_2008.svg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back