Welcome to PatsFans.com

Those who are sick & tired of hearing about racism must be racist

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Oct 8, 2008.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -9

I was just thinking about why anyone would say they are sick & tired of people bringing us racism. After all, it is one of the lowest forms of human behavior. You'd think we all have the same thing at stake when racism does exist.

But the biggest question I have is why do some people actually get pissed off when racism is discussed? The first thing you have to look it is who says this? What kind of person are they? Think about it...and you'll realize that 99.9% of the people who are angered by discussions of racism are white...SURPRISED?

Since the white race has been the major perpetrators of racism in America over the past 400 years, we really don't have any say of significance. When was the last time you were a victim of racism and felt powerless because you were outnumbered 9-1?

So the next time you get upset when racism is brought up, please be reminded you have no reason to be upset...it's not about you.
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Of course those who bring that up are closet racists, it annoys them that it is an issue because they don't think it's very important.

It's the same way that closet sexists and chauvinists roll their eyes when they hear people talk about harassment or women's rights, because to them it was just a joke and people need to develop a sense of humor.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's not a matter of it being brought up, it's about being accused of it.

I've been accused flat out here, more than once, of being a racist.
    I've been accused of being a racist because I'm a Republican.
    I've been accused of being a racist because I'm not voting for Obama.

And I'm not the only one.

It is about us personally.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Tell that to Jessie Jackoff.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -9

I agree BF that being falsely accused of racism is as bad as racism itself. In all honesty, it's a difficult conversation to have in any form.

Think about a table with 10 white men discussing racism. They have every right to discuss it...but what do they REALLY know about it?
  6. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

As with other logical fallacies you and others like you develop, I highly doubt those two statements are true. In your mind that is what you have put together as why you have been called a racist, while probably dismissing statements you do not even realize as revealing your mentality.
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Someone posted something the other day saying a majority of Republicans are racist. Which means the probability is > .5 that I am racist. Right ?
    Edit : found the thread : http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...12/162128-future-republicans.html#post1094557

And there have been numerous accusations (in the media not on this board) stating the only reason not to vote for Obama is racism.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  8. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Do you not see how those two statements are not logically connected with what you wrote two posts ago?

Also, I believe your last claim was said by a fellow neocon sheep, not by a rational poster. That poster was whining, as you are now, that to not vote Obama is to be called racist, without posting any proof of this.
  9. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Maybe that's because you support companies being allowed to discriminate on race and consistently generalize about other races.
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Do not think this is necessarily true, but there are some on this board.. Harry comes to mind.. some of his posts have been off the charts and ignored by the mods.. it is not all that complicated, any post that starts off "Racist Bastards" is completely innapropriate for this board.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Anything that's spammed is going to become a "sick of" topic. Racism in this forum is the instant retort for the illogical. Illegal Immigration is wrong cuz....no your just racist. Obama is unqualified to be president....no your just racist. McCain didn't look across at Obama during the debate cuz he's racist. Anyone who doesn't vote for Obama is racist. Racism is why Obama will lose. Sarah Palin wearing white cloths is racist. Mentioning Bill Ayers is racist. Republicans are racist. Anyone right of center is racist. Anyone white, who doesn't agree with me, is racist. Actually, anyone I call racist, is racist.

Tell me you wouldn't get tired of constantly reading that crap? Half the people in here don't even know the difference between something being racist, versus racial. Others in here believe that anything involving whites, and non whites, is racist. It gets old, which isn't to say that racism doesn't exist, isn't a problem, or existent in this forum.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

So don't you. Anyone who supports Affirmative Action, which I do, is supporting racial discrimination.
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Thinking there should not be a law against racism and being actively racist are different things completely.
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -9

My father is 78 years old and plays golf in an "old farts" league. While sitting with some guys at lunch, Obama came up. My father said he was disgusted at the number of guys who said "I'm not voting for that <insert N word>".

Now that is blatant & pure RACISM. let's not muddle the picture here folks. If someone is a racist, chances are they know it and admit it to themselves. Some are cowardly and would never admit it to anyone else.

This thread is not about the confusion or fine line between racism and racial discussions. It is about how racists get pissed off when racism is brought up. I don't think I can make that any clearer.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  15. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

BelichickFan and Real World, what do you think of Dick Armey's quote that said that there are Bubbas in America who, bless their heart, cannot bring themselves emotionally to vote for a Black person.

By Bubbas he means closet racist White people. What do you think of that quote, especially his bless their heart part?
  16. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

But being against a law against racism is pretty bad, don't you think?

If I knew of a guy fervently against laws against sexism and harassment and discrimination to women, most reasonable people would wonder about his views toward women.
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

What Dick Armey says is irrelevant to me, he doesn't speak for me nor all Republicans.

To answer the question, ignoring the "bless their heart" part for now, of course he's right. Some won't vote for a (half) black candidate, some wouldn't vote for a female candidate.

Regarding the "bless their heart", I have no idea what he meant. He could have meant he supports that line of thinking. Or, more likely, he meant to suggest that they're good people who he thinks are wrong in this particular instance.
  18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +248 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

As I've stated before I don't think the government should tell me I have to hire a black, a white, a woman, a muslim, a homosexual, etc, if I don't want to. Nor should I have to allow them in my store if I don't want to. Now - I'd likely go out of business if I cut off a large part of my potential clientelle (sp ?) but that should be my right.
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Look, I don't need a lecture about what this thread is about, nor do I care what your dad experienced while golfing. This is the thread title:

I'm explaining to you why your premise is retarded, by citing some examples from this very forum. I've been called racist by people in here, which is laughable. Racism is indeed something serious, which is why tossing it around at anyone who says something you don't agree with, is idiotic.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

No offense, but how about providing the quote, and a link so I can opine. If it is indeed as you say, then that's a terrible thing to say.