Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should Pats Fans Boycott Boston Herald For Pre-Bowl The Hatchet Job?

• Yes -- they must pay for this inexcusable behavior

Votes: 140 99.3%
  • No - I'm not a Pats fan

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

newton_tom_cat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Should we boycott that newspaper over this? To me it's 100% obvious we should Never buy it again and cancel any subscriptions. What other city would have to tolerate this crap the night before the Super Bowl?

Yeeeeeeessssssssss

Crap my vote came out wrong, it should be yes boycott, so its now 6-0!

I like the Herald, but this has totally crossed the line...

Please No Posting Links To There Articles!

Thomase is a hack and totally irresponsible.

75% of his material comes from here or PFT.

The other 25% he steals from Reiss.

He's lazy and has no integrity. That's why Belichick deplores him.

Don't boycott the herald. Just email blast the herald. Get rid of this douche.

Should we boycott that newspaper over this? To me it's 100% obvious we should Never buy it again and cancel any subscriptions. What other city would have to tolerate this crap the night before the Super Bowl?
Do any of the 6 people who currently subscribe to the Herald participate in this forum...?

It's the local rag...1 rung up from the Enquirer. How a story like this gets printed 2 days before the Super Bowl...A SUPER BOWL THE LOCAL TEAM IS PLAYING IN...is insane and irresponsible. I would fear for my safety if I was him.

He should be fired.
He has a responsibility as a journalist to due his diligence and put this crap out before doing so.

He should be fired.
He has a responsibility as a journalist to due his diligence and put this crap out before doing so.

His editor should call him out ... that's what the Herald should do.

A rag, is a rag, is a rag and the Herald has always been one. And i've never given it much credance. But a least up until now its been loyal,and hasn't bashed its teams,players, or coaches like the Globe. I guess thats all changed.
And whats sort of curious is that the Globe is owned by the NYTimes, if any Boston paper was going to get first crack at running this story I would have thought it would have been the sister paper, keep it in the family like incest.

Last edited:
it is amazing that the paper that is owned by the ny times is a better sports paper than the other. bullcrap. remember the front page when spygate broke? i wanna puke every time i see it in my head...

I've deleted my Herald bookmarks. They were already my last stop for boston sports news, but they're material is not worth my time anymore. They will not get one more advertising impression from this browser.

Between this site and other online resources such as Mike Reiss and the rest of the Globe, the Providence journal, PFW and national publications , there is no reason for any of us to drive traffic to the Herald's site. please boycott those self serving scumbags.

Last edited:
I wont read that piece of shiat again, till.... after tomorrow at least

I posted this elsewhere but.....

Write their advertisers.

it is amazing that the paper that is owned by the ny times is a better sports paper than the other. bullcrap. remember the front page when spygate broke? i wanna puke every time i see it in my head...
I was out of town, the country, i didn't see any of the newspapers. Whos front page are you talking about?

Last edited:
Given the timing of this story, this is the last time I will read the Herald or connect to their website. To run this on the eve of the Super Bowl and only be able to reference a "source" is very weak. This ignores the basic tenets of Journalism 101. They ought to be ashamed of the decision to run this story. To me, that newspaper ceases to exist. It smacks of a move out of desperation.

Interesting, watching the national broadcast media tonight, most of the focus is on the game and game strategy. One show asked the following question, "Will 'spygate' even be an issue in 20 years should the Patriots win Super Bowl XLII?" Baldinger answered, "No, it's not really an issue now." Doc Walker stated that "it's now obvious that many teams were cheating in the past, and the advantage gained over opponents is negligible."

So be it. Unless someone really tries to run with this in pre-game broadcasts, I don't see this building at all. If they were to come up with a smoking gun, then it's a different story, but there's likely no smoking gun. This is all anecdotal. Someone is really jealous of the Pats.

My recommendation is to tune in to the game at 6:15pm EST Sunday night and enjoy it. Anything else is beyond comprehension.

Any recommendation to do anything other than exercise your right as a consumer is fundamentally unethical and out of line. Boycott the paper and website if you feel that's warranted. Don't be a fool by suggesting anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes