PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thompkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as good, he had 2 drops.

Did you see the practice or just asume he was having a bad day cause you read he had 2 drops? Cant have a strong day but still have 2 drops?

Did you REALLY have to make two separate consecutive posts (#115 and #116) to respond to one post?
Does it matter? I forgot to address one point I wanted to make. Is there something wrong with that?

Of course I'm not his mother. Get a clue! Get your accusations straight. If you have to know everything there sir. I'm His Agent! OK! And if you really want to know everything. I personally timed these workout measurables.

40 yard dash 4.27 seconds
Vertical 44"
Broad 11' 01"
3Cone 6.69
10 yard split 1.45
20 yard shuttle 4.05

Patriot fans should be excited my client plays for their team!

Good one

So, how is KT looking today with pads on?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765307/observations-from-patriots-camp-day-3

Counting up the drops: A lot of dropped passes in this practice. An unofficial tally was eight drops -- from receivers Kenbrell Thompkins (2), Danny Amendola (1), Josh Boyce (1) and Brandon LaFell (1), running backs Brandon Bolden (1) and Jonas Gray (1), fullback James Develin (1). Thompkins, in particular, sputtered a bit after a strong first two days.

not sure why people are surprised that THompkins looks better this year. I would assume Dobson will look better once hes on the field as well.

2nd year is a big one for wide receivers in their development
It is, but actual development is hardly guaranteed.

Did you see the practice or just asume he was having a bad day cause you read he had 2 drops? Cant have a strong day but still have 2 drops?
Reiss reported it in his observations, and he said that Thompkins was not as impressive as he was in the first 2 days.

ok, so after reading this ridiculous thread... thoughts.

Danny Amendola is a roster lock. The locks at WR are Dobson, Edelman and Amendola and IMO LaFell has a better chance because of the money we gave him. If don't you agree that's you opinion but I think that it would be a totally obvious biased opinion against a certain player.

@Brady6 you talked about earlier that the team wont cut LaFell because they want to see what he can do.. couldn't the same argument be made for DA? He wasn't close to 100% last season but showed glimpses of WW-esque. I think the team wants to see what HE can do as well. They didn't give him 10 M guaranteed to walk away after one sub par year by some expectations.

and two, comparing Kenbell Thompkins to Sammy Watkins is laughable. I don't care the context the measurables or anything. That's rough. There's a reason KT was a UDFA and there's a reason Watkins left his junior year and was a Top 10 pick. Watkins took over games with speed AND physicality.

I like KT, but his ceiling is not much higher than he reached last year IMO.

Threads like these are why I tend to stay out'f the Gen Pop!!
jester.gif

I always thought the reason was the rubber room and straight jacket. :D

couldn't the same argument be made for DA? He wasn't close to 100% last season

has DA ever been close to 100%

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season when everyone was trashing him for being fragile. I said no no guys, hes going to be great, hes going to last 16 games and be a pro bowler and its going to be awesome.

And then in the very first game he torn his groin and missed a bunch of games.

Fool me once, shame on you..

Fool me twice, Shame Me.

Prior to camp I had just 2 WR's as locks .... Edelmen and Dobson. Amendola is as close to a lock as his health permits and I had Thompkins, Boyce, and LaFell as probable's but needing to confirm it as so with a strong camp.

So, 4 days into camp has my opinion changed? Slightly. I still have Edelmen and Dobson locked in and Amendola has, knocked on wood, stayed healthy so, that's in his favour. I have raised Thompkins to lock and neither Boyce nor LaFell have changed. Of LaFell or Boyce I would give Boyce the advantage given his youthfulness, upside and ST's ability. The LaFell signing never did impress me ..... I think it was done as insurance against the kids not developing in their 2nd years.

As for Thompkins ..... I believe I have been grading him with "draft pick" expectation bias heavily influencing my opinion of him. The reality is I have been viewing him as an UDFA and rating him as such. This is obvious to me now when I think back to my pre-season locks at WR and rationalize why I had Dobson as a lock but not Thompkins. Not so any more. My expectation bias is now that Thompkins is every bit as likely to earn a starting spot as any of the other wideouts on this roster.

has DA ever been close to 100%

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season when everyone was trashing him for being fragile. I said no no guys, hes going to be great, hes going to last 16 games and be a pro bowler and its going to be awesome.

And then in the very first game he torn his groin and missed a bunch of games.

Fool me once, shame on you..

Fool me twice, Shame Me.

He's been here one freaking season.
Chillax.

If he is hurt this season and beyond, yeah there's serious beef with this signing but he played one season here.

He's been here one freaking season.
Chillax.

If he is hurt this season and beyond, yeah there's serious beef with this signing but he played one season here.

Right, one injury plagued season, after injury plagued seasons the rest of his career.

Like i said, last year i gave him the benefit of the doubt. this year hes going into the year with minimal faith that he will last more then a few games.

he's lived up to his reputation thus far. that is not a good thing.

Does it matter? I forgot to address one point I wanted to make. Is there something wrong with that?
I'm so tired of you surppressing your rage. Let it out for once. :D

Dobson starts on PUP, so that's an extra roster spot.

ok, so after reading this ridiculous thread... thoughts.

Danny Amendola is a roster lock. The locks at WR are Dobson, Edelman and Amendola and IMO LaFell has a better chance because of the money we gave him. If don't you agree that's you opinion but I think that it would be a totally obvious biased opinion against a certain player.

@Brady6 you talked about earlier that the team wont cut LaFell because they want to see what he can do.. couldn't the same argument be made for DA? He wasn't close to 100% last season but showed glimpses of WW-esque. I think the team wants to see what HE can do as well. They didn't give him 10 M guaranteed to walk away after one sub par year by some expectations.

and two, comparing Kenbell Thompkins to Sammy Watkins is laughable. I don't care the context the measurables or anything. That's rough. There's a reason KT was a UDFA and there's a reason Watkins left his junior year and was a Top 10 pick. Watkins took over games with speed AND physicality.

I like KT, but his ceiling is not much higher than he reached last year IMO.

I was in 100% agreement until the last line. I don't think KT has reached his ceiling and it is much higher than what he reached last year. However, to your point, it's nowhere near what Watkins potential is.

I am not sure why everyone seems so high on lafell

Voice of reason can we see him in some Preseason games first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes