PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thomase with a Chad Jackson note

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Ron Borges? said:
What do you get here? Links to things that guys like the ones you mentioned are saying? Or suggestions that we should contact the Patriots front office like they give a **** what people on this board have to say? Also, what did Thomase make up? God, some of you guys are so blind, it doesn't even make you fans in my opinion. Being a fan, if a reporter says Maroney is hurt, that concerns me. I don't just start with, "That fat slob Thomase is just trying to make a name for himself." It's well known he has medical sources from his days with the Sox but some of you would rather close your eyes to any possible problems with the team while you mutter, "In Bill we trust," along with Mike Reiss.
Hate to tell you but I'd stack Reiss' story breaks with Tomase's any day. We like Reiss because he doesn't put all the innuendo or supposition in his stories. He reports facts. His blog, while still mainly facts, does have some opinions but not his regular pieces. He's not a columnist, neither is Tomase. As for Felger/Borges, when they write as columnists the whole point is to engender discussion. If we want to rip them new ones then that's par for the course. If they don't like it then stick to beat writing.

Last edited:
SeanBruschi54 said:
I'll say it once again.

TOMASE LIES TO MAKE DEADLINES FOR HIS ARTICLES. HE HAS NO SOURCES AND WHENEVER HE ASKS BELICHICK OR ANY PATRIOTS STAFF MEMBER A QUESTION THEY IGNORE HIM OR GIVE HIM A VAGUE ANSWER.

TOMASE IS A JOKE!!!

You bet. And he brings it on himself. Who do you think asks the second obvious question AGAIN, after BB says all he is going to say on a problem like Branch, or Law. Its that cloacal-cavityTomase. He knows he won't get an answer, but he is too stupid to ask a question that will get an answer. He is used to the soap opera that is the RED SUX beat. Any ridiculous questions there, will generate weeks of responses from everyone from the Manager to the ball boys and everyone else including the peanut vendor.

He is just too stupid to understand that won't work with the Patriots who have success and discipline. It won't work with the Pats fans either. All it does is freeze him out.

I chose to think the Pats fans are a whole order more intelligent than the average RED SUX follower, who will lap up Tomase's drivel. Or maybe not. They ran him off the RED SUX beat, didn't they?

Last edited:
Tomase also wrote "Jackson hasn’t taken a snap since the Outback Bowl." However what does he mean by "hasn't taken a snap"? There are numerous reports that Jackson looked very strong in the Pat's mandatory mini-camp in June.

Scout.com wrote "Chad Jackson has looked impressive in his first real action at mini-camp this week." Reiss wrote "Jackson made a nice one-handed catch in the back of the end zone in a red zone passing drill."

This is at the minimum very sloppy writing by Tomase!

lobster said:
Tomase also wrote "Jackson hasn’t taken a snap since the Outback Bowl." However what does he mean by "hasn't taken a snap"? There are numerous reports that Jackson looked very strong in the Pat's mandatory mini-camp in June.

Scout.com wrote "Chad Jackson has looked impressive in his first real action at mini-camp this week." Reiss wrote "Jackson made a nice one-handed catch in the back of the end zone in a red zone passing drill."

This is at the minimum very sloppy writing by Tomase!
He meant game snap vice practice, no problem with that line, it's factual.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
You mean unlike Thomas reporting that Bruschi had a broken wrist, right?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut when it is spoon fed to him. Tomase sux too following in the footsteps of many a rotten writer such as your name sake, Felger, Cafardo...need I say more.

Wasn't there a report on the show on the Patriots website that said exactly what Tomase wrote that there are rumblings about? Wasn't there a huge thread about it on this board?

Do I buy it? No. Are there rumblings, yes there are - and they are on the teams own website.

dhamz said:
Wasn't there a report on the show on the Patriots website that said exactly what Tomase wrote that there are rumblings about? Wasn't there a huge thread about it on this board?

Do I buy it? No. Are there rumblings, yes there are - and they are on the teams own website.
Any links?

Last edited:
dhamz said:
Didn't hear it personally but here is the thread about it.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=40138

Like I said - it makes no sense. I also agree that the Pats coverage in Boston sucks but to rip the guy for reporting something that you can hear on the team's own website seems a bit over the top to me.
I read the thread, nothing quoted there from PFW constitutes "news." The PFW crew gossiped, and in passing made a remark about Chad picking up the playbook, Tomase repeating that as "rumblings" turns a report on the Deion Branch situation into a gossip column. If he wanted to "report" that item, he would have done better to use it in the blog where he could have discussed the possible impact such playbook trouble might have - gossip and opinion go together, using it as a closing paragraph in his story is garbage.

As I noted, I have my own doubts about Jackson, I'd really like fans to lower their expectations for the rookie so we don't wind up piling on if he struggles. My chagrin comes from finding myself in company with Tomase and Casale, I'll have to start following the Sox or something equally nasty if this keeps happening to me!

Sorry if this was posted before:

Staying patient
Rookie receiver Chad Jackson, who has participated in only three practices, continues to rehab his injured hamstring. ``Sometimes it heals in a week, sometimes it takes a month or two," said David Canter, Jackson's agent. ``He's killing himself to try to get back. Everyone is doing everything in their power to get him back, and now it's just a matter of everyone being patient."
It's from Reiss, dated today:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/02/mincey_isnt_the_pick/

It also says Maroney's injury is not expected to have long term implications.

Look if he is that bad with the playbook I think he would have been released or placed on IR to give him to learn the playbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back