PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thomas: Spat with Belichick started after Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
...looks out front door after stange knocking noise heard on porch.....

hey...where'd this box of rocks come from?...is that YOU trying to test my sanity,PJ???

So...back to AD and BB...

I think AD is less pissed about his "role", and I don't think that's the issue anyway. He's upset because Bill called him out on his mistakes. Anybody who follows the Pats and actually pays attention knows that BB calls out everyone, even Brady and Moss. He does this because he demands perfection. He also does this so the younger players see that there is always room for improvement. AD could never buy in to that idea. And with no Bru, Vrabel, or Rodney to keep him in line, he lost any sort of control he had on his mouth.

And enough with the idea that he wasn't used the right way. Our coach knows more about football than you do. Period.

Yes, you're right again DaBruinz :rolleyes: I thought I was put on ignore?

Whether you agree with him or not, calling him a moron isn't exactly the best course of action, and instead you've more or less aggravated a few people and derailed this thread. Needless to say let's break it up and get the thread back on topic :beatingcoming:

Last edited:
I never would have guessed that there would have been these issues with AD this year. He seemed like a great teammate in 2007 and 2008 and he really seemed to be improving.

I can be when I really want to be. This wasn't one of those cases. As I said, I pointed it out just because of the irony..

I can give credit where it's due.. I mean, I took you off ignore :p Which means I figured you had plenty good to say... :rocker:

Besides, if the Holier than thou person in this thread with his BS accusation, this thread would still have been civil with no attacks on anyone :D

This alleged "irony" to which you refer makes no sense at all. You just wanted to take a shot at me out of context over something that occurred years ago. Whatever. I'll just chalk it up to poor judgment on your behalf and leave it at that.

AD is revealing his true colors, and he is obviously a POS. He definitely will not be back next year. Vaya con Dios, punk.

This alleged "irony" to which you refer makes no sense at all. You just wanted to take a shot at me out of context over something that occurred years ago. Whatever. I'll just chalk it up to poor judgment on your behalf and leave it at that.
You can't just leave it like that, Dude. What did you say/do?

A great example of how you speak to others (even if you're not provoked). No one respects you here, and it's obvious by your posts that you take this board very seriously. Pity.

Like wow ... fido has not been fed lately I see. DaBruinz dog has internet access?

You can't just leave it like that, Dude. What did you say/do?

Space, you need to enable the personal message function on your profile. Do that and send me a note and I'll respond. It's really not worth getting into here.

Strange quote here :

Adalius Thomas details falling out - Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

"“The way they coach things and do things may be totally different than how I see it,” he said. “There is a checks and balance system that really is not going to marry up because regardless of what you see as a player on that play, it really doesn’t matter if someone else sees it differently. Unless you’re on the field, there are a million things going on at one time. So when you see something and you go, you don’t have time to sit back and think or whatever."

Sounds to me like he's admitting he's just not smart enough on the field to play the way the Patriots want him to play. The game is too fast for him mentally.

Yep. He would be better in a Jets type of system (coincidentally, the type of system the Ravens ran) where he's taken off his leash and allowed to attack the quarterback/ball carrier on every down. In order for this system to work, we need smart players. If we want to keep signing guys like Adalius Thomas, then perhaps it's time to change the system to adapt to the personnel.

You are trying to start a fight, because your a know it all, moron. No one on this board respects you or takes you seriously.

Not to keep this going, but posts like this are the reason why I've been lurking around here more than posting lately. The sad thing is that these types of posts don't just come from guys with a couple of hundred posts under their name who only post on a topic once in a while. These types of posts have, more often than not, come from the "seasoned vets" of the forum.

Time to back that Brinks truck away from AD's house...

AD is revealing his true colors, and he is obviously a POS. He definitely will not be back next year. Vaya con Dios, punk.

Very emotional statements.

The best thing that can happen to the team is for BB and AD to man up and work this thing out (unlike the ridiculous unrelated bs argument going on in this post).

AD is a very immature and very opinionated person who happens to be an outstanding athlete. He needs to stfu and play football (for the Pats and not the Jets).

So much for humble pie

Yep. He would be better in a Jets type of system (coincidentally, the type of system the Ravens ran) where he's taken off his leash and allowed to attack the quarterback/ball carrier on every down. In order for this system to work, we need smart players. If we want to keep signing guys like Adalius Thomas, then perhaps it's time to change the system to adapt to the personnel.

Seems they signed him based on his physical ability and didnt anticipate his rebellious personality.
Apparently he makes a mean marinade, gave his web site where you can order it, guess he needs the money :cool:

Only reason AD is airing dirty laundry is that he knows he is gone.

So much for humble pie

I thought of that too, what a pity, the guy was supposed to be the key cog of our defense. So we have lost Seymour, Thomas, and Wilfork (maybe), arguably 3 best defensive players in one year. That's following the loss of Samuel, Vrable, Harrison, and Bruschi. We essentially lost top 7 defensive players in 2 years. Don't think I can ever recall a championship team disintegrate ( or self-distruct if I may) this fast, ever.

Last edited:
I thought of that too, what a pity, the guy was supposed to be the key cog of our defense. So we have lost Seymour, Thomas, and Wilfork (maybe), arguably 3 best defensive players in one year. That's following the loss of Samuel, Vrable, Harrison, and Bruschi. We essentially lost top 7 defensive players in 2 years. Don't think I can ever recall a championship team disintegrate ( or self-distruct if I may) this fast, ever.

Well, it could either be for the better or for the worse. It just depends on what kind of offseason moves we make.

When he was with Baltimore, he was lining up as a CB, SS, LB, DE.....they moved him all over the field, gave him man on man responsibilities, or none at all besides wreaking havoc on O-Lines and QB's. Judging by some of his quotes, he is not smart/good enough to read an offensive formation and adjust to assignments, or too stubborn to accept his assignments because he wasnt allowed to run around with reckless abandon.

Either way, I was so excited when he came.....but in the end, just as it was with Rosie Colvin, it has turned out to be a disappointment (injury hampered Rosie in fairness).

The thing about it is.....these big name Free Agent signings they continue to bring in arent cutting it. Give me more players like Bruschi, Vrabel, Phifer, and Johnson's.....and less of the Colvins/Thomas's as well as the half ******ed Monty Beisel's of the world. Give me "football players" not overpaid Linebackers who lay down once they get their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes