PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thomas re-signs with Saints, Williams looking to stay put in Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumbrunner

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Pierre Thomas - New Orleans Saints - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Saints re-signed RB Pierre Thomas to a four-year contract.In light of Thomas' injury-marred 2010 season that landed him in coach Sean Payton's doghouse, the deal comes as quite a surprise. Thomas was reported to be holding out for Steven Jackson money last offseason. The terms aren't in yet, but you can bet he settled for considerably less this time around. With Chris Ivory coming off a Lisfranc injury on top of shoulder, knee, and hamstring woes, Thomas should assume the nominal starting job. Payton mixes and matches his backs so often that neither will have more than inconsistent RB2 value in 2011.

DeAngelo Williams - Carolina Panthers - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

D.Williams believes Panthers will re-sign him
Free agent DeAngelo Williams believes the Panthers want to re-sign him, and he's interested in returning to Carolina on a long-term deal."I'm going to hold loyal to them as long as they hold loyal to me," said Williams. "But in the event that they don't want to re-sign me, hopefully there's 31 other teams that will give me an opportunity to play for them." Williams was tendered at the first- and third-round level, but he's likely to be unrestricted in free agency. With Jonathan Stewart and Mike Goodson ready for expanded roles, we still find it hard to believe the Panthers will fork over top money for a 28-year-old back.

looks like two much-talked about FA RBs are staying put, or looking to stay put. It will be interesting to see if this changes the Pats' approach to the position come draft time

Goodell: "With the 17th pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select"......

Mark Ingram RB Alabama

Last edited:
Goodell: "With the 17th pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select"......

Mark Ingram RB Alabama

I wouldn't go that far quite yet. There are still guys out there like Ronnie Brown that could do well in a RBBC. I was hoping for Thomas though :-(

If Williams re-signs with Carolina then I'd offer our third (ninth) for Johnathon Stewart, Carolina also has Goodson .......... perhaps we can steal Stewart.

Remember, Carolina has no second round pick and hasn't re-signed Charles Johnson (yet). They may need a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back