Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thomas M. Menino: The Biggest Moron Ever to Hold Public Office

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Oct 31, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Man is that guy a complete imbecile or what..? He makes George Bush look like Einstein, and his personal dexterity makes Gerald Ford look like a decathalete.

Every time Boston gets on the national stage (which seems to be more and more frequently) it's too bad we are represented by a muttering, mumbling, stumbling, moron and buffoon.

Basically he is everything the moonbats accuse Republicans of being.

2. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

He is really bad. For as inept as Bush can be a public speaking, Menino is 10x worse. Seriously. Did he have a cow's tongue surgically inserted into his mouth?

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

It was a spaceship.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

He's a friggin embarrassment to the entire New England region. I hope they have the next Pats parade in Wistah instead of Boston so we don't have to listen to this marble-mouth yammer again.

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

He's been great for the city of Boston. That's why he keeps getting reelected. He is very locally focused, and seems to be involved in anything and everyone that drums of publicity and business for Boston. Also, he doesn't seem to hold any higher aspirations than being mayor. He strikes me as a regular guy, not slick like Romney, not well spoken like Patrick, but he's a mayor, not a guv.

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, he keeps getting reelected because in this state if you're a democrat and an incumbent, you have a life ticket to whatever office you hold.
    Heh heh... if he was a Republican, you'd be calling him "moron" and "imbecile" (etc)... but since he a nice moonbat, well he's a "regular guy"...

By the way... anyone notice how Romney's "slick" but Coupe Deval is "well spoken"..? :rofl:

Ah, Patters... thank God you exist because if you didn't, someone would have to invent you - but no one would believe it.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Well, I've met "fees" Menino a couple of times. He is a nice enough guy. My problem with him is that the city has become the most expensive place to live in the entire country. There are fees for everything. He's not a fiscally sane man.

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

I agree it's very expensive, but I think that's why Menino is really trying to foster development in Southie and other parts of the city, so that Back Bay and those areas have some competition. It's expensive because of the law of supply and demand more than anything else. I think it's taxes are similar to other cities.

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

I'm glad he's trying to develop Southie, but that doesn't have anything to do with his fees oriented style of governing. The guy doubles, triples, and quadruples fees of all kinds which is a camoflouged tax. Also, he loves to add taxes to items that don't garner alot of attention, like parking garage's, meals, movie tickets & shows, etc.. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a decent enough guy, but he's made this city incredibly expensive. It's not a coincidence that more people have left this state, than have entered. That's not all Menino's fault, but his management style is part of the reason.

10. Patters

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

I think he adds those taxes because they're the only ones he's allowed to add. he's been wanting to add a 1% restaurant tax for several years to capitalize on all the tourists, but only the legislature can authorize it, and they refuse to heed to his lobbying. I thin our Legislature is very cronyistic and if I want to point to a political problem in Massachusetts that's where I would point.

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Oh great, cuz only tourists eat out. The legislature is awful, and it's no coincidence that it's dominated by one side. It's never good to have one party dominate the political landscape. Look at the GOP over the last 6-7 years as a good example. This state is terrible at managing money, and keeping costs down. It's far to corrupt, and by corrupt, it's the croniism you speak of, and more.

12. Patters

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

I agree with you. I certainly want liberal Democrats to be the majority, but an effective opposition is necessary to stop corruption and properly evaluate any sort of legislation.

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

The problem in this state is that it is dominated by a majority of liberal democrats. It's reached the point where people are leaving, and worse, people in the most criticial age demographic. That will have serious long term ramifications since they consume and pay taxes at a high rate, and lay permanent roots via marraige and future children. When they go, they take those roots elsewhere.

14. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Menino's forced to make the sort of goofy speaking gaffes he's known for. If you have a top floor corner office in that monstrosity at Government Center, you're required to say stuff like 'Dropkick Murphy' and 'Jumbletron' just to seem accessible. Going to work every day in that building that looks 100% like its designed to repel an attack by the rabble doesn't do his image any good at all.

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3