PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thomas' comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
More comments: March 03, 2007
Thomas in focus
A loud connection made it difficult to hear parts of today's conference call with linebacker Adalius Thomas.

Here a few more nuggets from the call:

The call started with Thomas asked to retrace his steps on the free-agent process. "A phone call was received by my agent and we went from there. Coming here, you have a chance to win a championship year in and year out. Understanding it is a great organization from top to bottom kind of put it over the top."

Asked if he was surprised it was the Patriots, Thomas said he wasn't because he kept an open mind entering the free-agent process.

Thomas said New England was his first stop and there was "no need to go anywhere else." He added that he and his agent, James "Bus" Cook, weren't interested in playing games throughout the process. "We knew what we were looking for," he said. Thomas noted that money was a factor in his decision, but it was not the only one. Having a chance to compete for championships was also important.

On Bill Belichick and the Patriots, he said: "I think Coach Belichick is a great coach, a Hall of Fame coach. You look at the team, and I just want to come in here and add to what they have here. It's a good team, going in the right direction, which made it to the AFC Championship. They have a great thing going here and I'm along for the ride.”

Thomas downplayed his experience at the Pro Bowl -- when Bill Belichick was the AFC coach -- as being a factor in him signing with the Patriots.

Touching on his versatility, Thomas said he doesn't have a favorite position. "I don’t look at it as a position, just football, 11 guys trying to accomplish the same goal," he said.

Thomas said the way he entered the league -- as a sixth-round draft choice -- helped build character and also helps him connect with a wide spectrum of players, from rookie free agents, to starters.

On the Patriots' linebackers corps, he said, "They are big, strong guys, who can play different things. I'm just trying to come in and add to what they have here. I don't think they would come after me if I didn't fit in the locker room, if I was not a player who would complement that defense."

Thomas touched on some off-the-field thoughts, noting that his father is his idol. He also touched on some of charity work, while noting that he likes golf, basketball and being around children.

More comments: March 03, 2007
Thomas in focus
A loud connection made it difficult to hear parts of today's conference call with linebacker Adalius Thomas.

Here a few more nuggets from the call:

The call started with Thomas asked to retrace his steps on the free-agent process. "A phone call was received by my agent and we went from there. Coming here, you have a chance to win a championship year in and year out. Understanding it is a great organization from top to bottom kind of put it over the top."

Asked if he was surprised it was the Patriots, Thomas said he wasn't because he kept an open mind entering the free-agent process.

Thomas said New England was his first stop and there was "no need to go anywhere else." He added that he and his agent, James "Bus" Cook, weren't interested in playing games throughout the process. "We knew what we were looking for," he said. Thomas noted that money was a factor in his decision, but it was not the only one. Having a chance to compete for championships was also important.

On Bill Belichick and the Patriots, he said: "I think Coach Belichick is a great coach, a Hall of Fame coach. You look at the team, and I just want to come in here and add to what they have here. It's a good team, going in the right direction, which made it to the AFC Championship. They have a great thing going here and I'm along for the ride.”

Thomas downplayed his experience at the Pro Bowl -- when Bill Belichick was the AFC coach -- as being a factor in him signing with the Patriots.

Touching on his versatility, Thomas said he doesn't have a favorite position. "I don’t look at it as a position, just football, 11 guys trying to accomplish the same goal," he said.

Thomas said the way he entered the league -- as a sixth-round draft choice -- helped build character and also helps him connect with a wide spectrum of players, from rookie free agents, to starters.

On the Patriots' linebackers corps, he said, "They are big, strong guys, who can play different things. I'm just trying to come in and add to what they have here. I don't think they would come after me if I didn't fit in the locker room, if I was not a player who would complement that defense."

Thomas touched on some off-the-field thoughts, noting that his father is his idol. He also touched on some of charity work, while noting that he likes golf, basketball and being around children.
;

Having read the whole interview now I have to say....what a great friggin signing,....and what a great guy he seems to be....definitely a breath of fresh air in these days of ridiculous arrogance and greed in our professional sports players..........Branch could take some lessons from this guy..........GO PATS!!!!

My favorite quote:

"I don’t look at it as a position, just football, 11 guys trying to accomplish the same goal."

The goal? Maintaining the dynasty!

If you say so Adalius...

belic02102007.jpg

If you say so Adalius...

View attachment 596

It's entirely possible that Belichick was more attracted to him than he was to Belichick after the Pro Bowl.

And don't even start with the gay jokes. :D

He also might want to be avoiding sme tampering issues.

I am elated!! Wish the season starts tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back