PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thomas Clayton claimed off waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jah

Degeneracy Expert
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
according to official Patriots Facebook page. I don't understand why the team wants 5 RBs when we have 4 CBs, one being injured...

Fahkin A. I was ready to bump my Tony Carter thread, I was sure he would be moved to the 53.

This guy must look like the 2nd coming of Curtis Martin in practice to get picked up again. With injuries at CB, DL, and OG, I would think the roster spot would go to one of those positions.

This guy must look like the 2nd coming of Curtis Martin in practice to get picked up again. With injuries at CB, DL, and OG, I would think the roster spot would go to one of those positions.

The Pats were carrying an extra O-lineman to begin with at 10. So, I can understand not adding one with Neal going onto the IR.

I also don't believe that they'd add a DL since Wright and Pryor are both likely to be back for the game.

CB is the position I am somewhat surprised with. However, I'm not sure that having an extra CB on the roster would help them against the Jets since that is the one likely to be sitting out since the Pats like to use Sergio Brown and Patrick Chung to cover the slot receivers.

Last edited:
The Pats were carrying an extra O-lineman to begin with at 11. So, I can understand not adding one with Neal going onto the IR.

I also don't believe that they'd add a DL since Wright and Pryor are both likely to be back for the game.

CB is the position I am somewhat surprised with. However, I'm not sure that having an extra CB on the roster would help them against the Jets since that is the one likely to be sitting out since the Pats like to use Sergio Brown and Patrick Chung to cover the slot receivers.

They actually had 10 OL before putting Neal on IR. I think 8-9 is plenty, though.

Probably for insurance once Fred Taylor hits IR after his next two carries.

The Pats were carrying an extra O-lineman to begin with at 11. So, I can understand not adding one with Neal going onto the IR.

You sound pretty confident in Wright/Pryor suiting up. Neither guy has even practiced in a couple weeks and the game is 4 days away.

Wright and Pryor have yet to practice this week.

They actually had 10 OL before putting Neal on IR. I think 8-9 is plenty, though.

Thanks for the correction. It was 10.. And they usually only keep 9..

I wonder if they put the claim in on Clayton before they decided to bring in those 3 free agents in for a workout.

This was a 2011 move- nothing more unless they think Taylor is totally done with the bad little piggies.

With that said, He's 5'11 222 and runs a 4.53 -40. 49 board say that the character issues is K-State are unfounded and hes a good, hardworking kid.

Last edited:
This was a 2011 move- nothing more unless they think Taylor is totally done with the bad little piggies.

With that said, He's 5'11 222 and runs a 4.53 -40. 49 board say that the character issues is K-State are unfounded and hes a good, hardworking kid.

If Taylor was done, he's be on the IR and not off the Injury Report.

If the move was for 2011, why would you put this player on the active roster?

Last edited:
If Taylor was done, he's be on the IR and not off the Injury Report.

Of course. BB is giving him every opportunity to get healthy and out there.

I remember Reggie Dupard essentially having this issue throughout his career.

Recovery of this injury can take three to four weeks depending on how bad the sprain is. If the athlete does not look after this injury then it may develop into Hallux Limitus. This is a decreased range of motion due to arthritis around the joint. This can cause problems in the rest of the foot or lower limb due to changes to your walking cycle (gait).

Last edited:
If the move was for 2011, why would you put this player on the active roster?

Which is why I speculate over Taylor's short term health situation.

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction. It was 10.. And they usually only keep 9..

Yup, currently have 9 on roster: Light, LeVoir, Mankins, Connolly, Ohrnberger, Koppen, Wendell, Ojinnaka and Vollmer with another two on PS: Maneri and Austin. So they seem well stocked on OL as mentioned. As far as CB's are concerned they probably feel that since Page is back fully heathly that the they are ok in the defensive backfield in general. They do have 9 there w/Arrington, Butler, McCourty, Wilhite, Meriweather, Page, S. Brown, Chung and Sanders. With Chung playing in the nickel and covering the slot and Meriweather being versatile enough to cover some himself they may feel comfortable with the current mix and have another two players for practice in Carter and Turner. In terms of numbers the DL looks good as well with 7: Warren, Pryor, Wilfork, Brace, Love, Wright and Deaderick and Washington on PS. Even with Pryor and Wright out the numbers are there, especially when you consider that they play 50% sub packages and Cunningham and TBC play DE in certain packages. OLB may be an area they will need to look at.

As fas as Clayton is concerned, they must see something there and also probably have an eye on 2011 w/Faulk, Taylor and Morris all with contracts that expire after this season. Reiss reported that the Pats assumed Clayton's 2-yr deal w/Cleveland by claiming him. He did also return kicks during this preseason so he has some value there in case of injury.

Last edited:
After this kid has a huge touchdown run in the win on monday it will be funny coming back to this thread :rocker: (wishful thinking ftw)

according to official Patriots Facebook page. I don't understand why the team wants 5 RBs when we have 4 CBs, one being injured...

we play the big nickel a lot, and it seems that a lot of reps which on another team would go to the 3rd CB is being taken by chung in this defense this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down