PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This year's UDFA to make the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sooo with you on Gary Guyton. It's insane that he went undrafted. But I'm all about Ryan Wendell from Fresno State. I hope he sticks. Awesome work ethic and great versatility. Needs to bulk up badly.

I am sooo with you on Gary Guyton. It's insane that he went undrafted. But I'm all about Ryan Wendell from Fresno State. I hope he sticks. Awesome work ethic and great versatility. Needs to bulk up badly.

The Pats do need to upgrade the backup interior line. Hochstein's play in the SB, like the rest of his linemates', was unacceptable. Yates is a slightly above-average JAG. The FO should've drafted Roy Schuening with their 4th-round pick. I don't know if Wendell is the answer, but at least he and Connolly should be given a chance. If neither of them can cut the mustard, then perhaps the FO will look outside the org. for help, e.g.: Mike Flynn, Mike Flannagan, Jeremy Newberry, Chris Naeole and Shane Olivea.

The Pats do need to upgrade the backup interior line. Hochstein's play in the SB, like the rest of his linemates', was unacceptable. Yates is a slightly above-average JAG. The FO should've drafted Roy Schuening with their 4th-round pick. I don't know if Wendell is the answer, but at least he and Connolly should be given a chance. If neither of them can cut the mustard, then perhaps the FO will look outside the org. for help, e.g.: Mike Flynn, Mike Flannagan, Jeremy Newberry, Chris Naeole and Shane Olivea.

When the Patriots upgrade their offensive line, I'd like to see them

use a high draft pick who will definitely make the team. Drafting three

offensive linemen in the late rounds last year was a waste of time.

This year, I am pleased that the Patriots have concentrated on improving

their defense. Their linebacking corps was aging and their top defensive

back defected to free agency.

1) When the Patriots upgrade their offensive line, I'd like to see them

use a high draft pick who will definitely make the team.

2) Drafting three

offensive linemen in the late rounds last year was a waste of time.

1) Don't be surprised to see high draft picks next year be used on both the OL and the DL.

2) I was disappointed that Corey Hilliard didn't work out; was he out of shape, unmotivated or overrated? He could've been a possible candidate for RG. And I'll never, ever understand what the FO saw in the completely untalented Oldenburg (an effin 5th-rounder??) and Elgin. Ridiculous.

1) Don't be surprised to see high draft picks next year be used on both the OL and the DL.

2) I was disappointed that Corey Hilliard didn't work out; was he out of shape, unmotivated or overrated? He could've been a possible candidate for RG. And I'll never, ever understand what the FO saw in the completely untalented Oldenburg (an effin 5th-rounder??) and Elgin. Ridiculous.

So you saw Oldenburg and Elgin play enough where you can consider them untalented? You do realize that Elgin was one of the last players cut last year, right?

I find it very curious that Elgin, Hairston, and Hilliard are all with the Colts now, for training camp anyways.

Here's SI.com's brief write-up on Mr. Smith:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2008/draft/players/3097.html

If you go to USAToday.com's Draft Database, NFLDraftScout ranks him #396 overall and "would be a great steal as a FA."

I'm glad that he was signed, but I'm not sure that he can beat out our other Mr. Smith. LeKevin was more productive at Nebraska than Henry was at A&M, and for a longer time. LeKevin also carried a draftable grade in '06. BTW, how much does the Widowmaker weigh, anyhoo? I've seen it listed anywhere from 305 - 320, and his height from 6'1" - 6'3".

Good point about LeKevin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back