PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This years "Pool Jump"

Last year, Jarron Gilbert made waves on YouTube by jumping out of a pool. This year, another defensive lineman will probably get a lot of attention for an athletic feat having little to do with football.

Jason Pierre Paul's backfilps: YouTube - 2009 iBowl Back Flip Contest Jason Pierre-Paul vs. Kion Wilson

It's hard not to be impressed by this.

Just remember that if you combine the NFL stats you and I accumulated this past year, we would only come up 1 tackle short of what Gilbert was able to put together.

With the problems the Bears have had up front, I think that says a lot more about them than him, seeing as he's only had 35 snaps this year.

This years "Pool Jump" will be all the members of this forum

trying to drown themselves when the Patriots do not draft

an outside linebacker in the first two rounds of the draft.

I will be among them.

Last edited:
This years "Pool Jump" will be all the members of this forum

trying to drown themselves when the Patriots do not draft

an outside linebacker in the first two rounds of the draft.

I will be among them.

I would be happy if BB just took baby steps and drafted a developmental OLB prospect somewhere in this draft.

I would be happy if BB just took baby steps and drafted a developmental OLB prospect somewhere in this draft.

Isn't it amazing that in 10 years, the only OLBs that BB has drafted
and developed were Tully Banta-Cain and Pierre Woods. His record at
Cleveland was similar.

Cleveland was similar.

Don't forget "banana boy" Crable. Some poster on another board called Crable "EI" for Eternally Injured and said that within seconds of being born, the doctors discovered Crable had an injury that required surgery and he lost a year of development because of it.

I have said all along, I think it is for two reasons:

1.) BB can not get on film these kids doing all three things he needs done. Pass rushing, setting a hard edge on running plays and playing with their back to the LOS in coverage. Well this year he has one player he can watch on film do all 3 of those in Sapp of Clemson. Sapp has the length and skill set BB desires, but is a little lighter than BB prefers. But BB broke script when taking Mayo so maybe he will with Sapp in the second round.

2.) BB prefers veterans. For some unknown reason, BB does not want to invest the time or resources into coaching up a kid to play OLB for us. Why? Is it because BB does not want to spend the dollars to hirer a true OLB coach? Or does BB think coaching these kids is a waste of time? Maybe he thinks either the kid has it or he doesn't. I do not have the answers, but I know it is maddening trying to figure it out.

Cleveland was similar.
Woods was undrafted.

Last year, Jarron Gilbert made waves on YouTube by jumping out of a pool. This year, another defensive lineman will probably get a lot of attention for an athletic feat having little to do with football.

It's hard not to be impressed by this.
Do you think he can back flip over the O-line to get to the QB :D

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down