PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This year's Hard Knocks team participant? The Miami Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Dolphins announced today that they have agreed to appear on the HBO series that chronicles one NFL team’s training camp. The show will air weekly, beginning on Tuesday, August 7.

Dolphins will be on Hard Knocks | ProFootballTalk

Honest commentary about their QB and WR situations would make this a pretty interesting watch.

Last edited:
Well that sounds fun...

It's actually kind of funny how the Jacksonville Jaguars were practically begging for it but still couldn't close the deal. It just goes to show how little relevance Jacksonville has right now.

Who do they have worth watching? Not to make fun of a guy with a disability but Brandon Marshall would have held my interest. I suppose the QB situation could be interesting as noted above. Reggie Bush? Reality, pass. Cameron Wake? Maybe.

It's actually kind of funny how the Jacksonville Jaguars were practically begging for it but still couldn't close the deal. It just goes to show how little relevance Jacksonville has right now.

They should have made a bigger push for Tebow, that would have sealed the deal for them and made HBO's year.

Who do they have worth watching? Not to make fun of a guy with a disability but Brandon Marshall would have held my interest. I suppose the QB situation could be interesting as noted above. Reggie Bush? Reality, pass. Cameron Wake? Maybe.

This is definitely not an "A" list selection, but the teams that HBO would have wanted were turning it down.

They had the Chiefs and Bengals featured on previous editions. Both were enjoyable. If HBO can make anything about the Chiefs even remotely interesting, this year's HK should be pretty good.

This is definitely not an "A" list selection, but the teams that HBO would have wanted were turning it down.

Understood but I'm still surprised they couldn't get somebody like the Panthers to do it. At least you have Newton and Smith. Hell the Seahawks would have gotten people more jacked and pumped.

Actually my guess is that Reggie Bush does have a lot to do with the decision.

To casual fans/non-football fans he is one of the most recognizable names in the league. HBO is probably figuring the majority of people who watch the NFL every Sunday are going to watch Hard Knocks regardless of what team is on. To maximize viewers (and profits) they want to expand beyond that group.

The Tebow-followers would have been the first group to target, but the Jets turned them down. How about trying to attract the very large group of people who watch E! more than any other network? To do that they need to include a person that group is already very familiar with: Reggie Bush.

As far as Jacksonville goes, if Denver had traded Tebow to the Jaguars instead of the Jets then I'm sure Hard Knocks would have gone with Jacksonville over Miami.

LOL - I thought Hard Knocks just covered one year, not decades of crappiness since Dan Marino left.

There is no one on the Dolphins that would want to make me watch that show..

New England Patriots @Patriots
The Dolphins will appear on HBO's Hard Knocks this year. Q: Would you want the Patriots to do Hard Knocks. Why/why not?

I hope that isn't putting the feelers out for potential interest in the Patriots being on next season :p

As for the Dolphins - it might be a good laugh because there's bound to be a WR get hit in the back of the head because they forgot to turn and get the ball!

Well,maybe most dolphins fans who don't bother going to see the games in person let alone Training camp can watch them fumble,intercept and curse all summer.

This will be a bad year to cover the Dolphins. They're a 3-13 team waiting to happen. It would have happened anyway, but I can see people blaming Hard Knocks when their season goes bad. (which is stupid)

They had the Chiefs and Bengals featured on previous editions. Both were enjoyable. If HBO can make anything about the Chiefs even remotely interesting, this year's HK should be pretty good.

Exactly.

An inside look at the inner workings of even the worst NFL team is worth watching.

Of course, I would watch a pre-season NFL game before watching and NBA or MLB playoff game.

HBO sure has a handle on covering irrelevant and mediocre teams for Hard Knocks don't they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes