PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This year's biggest win? Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: This years biggest win ? Atlanta?

While I agree there are a number of things to be concerned about, who has really beat the Patriots this year?

The Jets? They played their Super Bowl in week 2 and it took an awful performance from Brady to lose that game. Pats were leading at halftime.

The Broncos? Patriots were in control the entire game and absolute coughed it up at the end. Pats were leading at halftime.

The Colts? The Patriots were looking like Super Bowl favorites for 3 quarters and then let a lead get away. Again, the Pats were leading at halftime.

I am concerned about the defense, specifically the inability to get to the QB with just 4 rushers.

I am concerned with the running game, I don't feel like the Oline creates enough holes.

I am concerned that we are one explosive playmaker short in the passing game. We are going to needs someone else to step up and make some catches 20 yards down the field and further (it was supposed to be Galloway or Lewis).

That said, the team as constructed has not been thoroughly defeated yet.

Well, the Pats have been beaten by 2 playoff teams and another who just played in their SB in week 2. Got to give those teams credit they beat us in the 4th quarter. We just have struggled to close the deal. This has to be expected though with the young an inexperienced defense that we have. They are getting better and better every week and I thought looked very good against Manning last night until they started to play prevent. I was really disappointed to see they go to the prevent and go away from the gameplan which I thought worked almost to perfection in the first 3 quarters.

You cant be concerned with the defense if you are basing that thought of not getting after the QB with 4 DL last night. Look at the DL we had, Wilfork, Pryor, Wright and Brace. Not our best DL and Wilfork isnt a pash rush guy.

You have a right to be concerned with the running game, but not because the OL doesnt create enough holes. I think the running game is coming back. I liked the game plan last night with establishing the run early and running draw plays out of the shotgun to keep the DE's honest.

I wouldnt really be concerned so much with the WR's. Moss had a huge game last night. Welker did his thing as well. Edelman wasnt 100%, but still caught a TD. Aiken got hurt, but isnt a major factor anyway. Watson had at least one catch that I can think of. Our WRs are definitely not as good is 07, but they arent that bad and with a QB like Tom Brady we dont need to have 3 pro bowl WR's.

I am not worried with this team. We are 6-3, and have pretty much locked up the AFC East. We are getting better and better each week I feel and can compete with any team in the league. We just need to learn how to close games, and that will come with such a young defense.

We all see it, and know it. and It we all feel, deep within, hidden, suppressed... the window is closing, and we want one more before its over.

I actually disagree. This defense that we have especially in the secondary is going to be very good. If they all stick together I can see them being the dominant Patriot defense of old. We just need another LB and lock up Wilfork and possibly another DL. Also, when you have Tom Brady as your QB your chances of winning are pretty good no matter who he is throwing to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back