Welcome to PatsFans.com

This year vs. last year

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Va_Pats_Fan, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Which has provided you with the most anticipation during the week? This years team, where you don't know the outcome...battle every week, or last year, when most of the games the only mystery was by how much.
  2. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Re: This year vs last year

Last year was one of the most enjoyable season I've ever experienced as a sports fan.

Each week transcended simply being a game, rather they were events.

Is this a bad thing? Did it "bore" you watching a dominant team? Also that was simply not the case at all. We had some phenomenal come-from-behind wins that rival those of the "non-flashy" days. (@ Colts, @ Ravens, @ Giants)

And yeah in terms of anticipation, I don't know what is more worthy of anticipation than the greatest season in NFL season, being put together week-by-week. Maybe I'm just strange?

It's so strange to see people on this board always posting bitter comments about last year, not the SB itself, but the games that led up to it.
  3. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I think you missed the point of my question. I was asking about the time leading up to the games. I enjoy ~every~ game :)
  4. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Last year's run was phenomenal, it's a shame it ended the way it did.

Every game felt like a playoff game going in with the undefeated record on the line. The feeling I got when Brady's 4th down pass fell incomplete @ Baltimore just before I saw there was a flag was the same feeling I had the year before @ Indy in the AFCG when Brady threw that final INT.

This year there's alot more uncertainty, but less pressure and stress involved. A playoff appearance would be lots of fun, perhaps more fun than any previous appearance.
  5. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Sorry sir, I'm used to seeing so many comments about last season being "boring" I jumped ahead of myself there. ;)
  6. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -8

#12 Jersey

This year I feel the way I had in years previous to last. By that, I mean I have this nervous anticipation (not a bad feeling), but fairly confident that we'll win. I also feel really confident when we score first, particularly a TD. My not so good feelings arise when we defensively face third down and more than 2 yards, with likely a pass coming up. It seems the other team always makes it. It just seems so hard for us to get off the field on third down this year, particularly lately.
  7. cincipatsfan

cincipatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think they're both very different types of anticipation.

Last year was: How much better can this really get?

This year is: How much better are they going to get?

wait

never mind ;)
  8. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

without "spygate" etc. this year is certainly more stress-free for me as a fan. I find myself not really worrying about them losing but just enjoying what they can do. There were a lot of game last year that were over at half time, which is great, but I realize this year how much I like the "flying under the radar status."

In short, it's apples and oranges.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.