PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Week's Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the Patriots at no.2. They play the Jets in a couple of weeks and if they win that they will be the consensus no.1 if they keep winning in the meantime.

I'm just surprised how low the Saints are ranked. Their D is clearly better than it was last year and they seemed to finally wake up from their Superbowl slumber a couple of weeks back. I think they win their division and might go to the big game again this year.

Last edited:
And the Pats beat the Ravens in a tough fought game, unlike the Jets who lost after playing their most pathetic game in years.

Power rankings have much to do with now, not beginning of the season. There's a reason teams like the Texans and Chiefs aren't in the top 5 and they had brilliant starts. Even so, the Jets lost by 1 point to the Ravens.

Nikolai and shmessy need to hold hands. Arguing over a week 10 power ranking. C'mon man.

Power rankings have much to do with now, not beginning of the season. There's a reason teams like the Texans and Chiefs aren't in the top 5 and they had brilliant starts. Even so, the Jets lost by 1 point to the Ravens.

Power rankings are subjective opinions by people making them. Outside of ridiculous slotting (Panthers are #3 sort of things), there's almost always at least some justification.

1.) The Jets got shut out in a game. That's zero points scored in an entire game.
2.) The Patriots were dominating the Jets in the first half of their game. They fell apart in the second half, due largely to unforced errors.
3.) The Jets have lost 2 home games. The Patriots are undefeated at home.
4.) The different opponents to date are:

Patriots - Steelers, Chargers, Bengals (12-15)
Jets - Broncos, Lions, Packers (11-16)

The only tough 'different' opponent the Jets faced beat them. The Patriots beat the team thought by many to be the best in the league.

It's actually very easy to put the Patriots above the Jets. It's just a matter of what you choose to emphasize.

Power rankings are subjective opinions by people making them. Outside of ridiculous slotting (Panthers are #3 sort of things), there's almost always at least some justification.

1.) The Jets got shut out in a game. That's zero points scored in an entire game.
2.) The Patriots were dominating the Jets in the first half of their game. They fell apart in the second half, due largely to unforced errors.
3.) The Jets have lost 2 home games. The Patriots are undefeated at home.
4.) The different opponents to date are:

Patriots - Steelers, Chargers, Bengals (12-15)
Jets - Broncos, Lions, Packers (11-16)

The only tough 'different' opponent the Jets faced beat them. The Patriots beat the team thought by many to be the best in the league.

It's actually very easy to put the Patriots above the Jets. It's just a matter of what you choose to emphasize.

Thats a bit of a one sided view though. Like you could say that the Browns smashed us and the Jets beat them. So its the Jets. But the Browns were coming off a bye week when they faced the Patriots and that should be taken into account.

And with the Ravens you see that the Patriots have a couple of advantages facing the Ravens. They were coming off a bye week and the Ravens had to do a lot more guessing than would normally be the case about what sort of offense they would face after we traded Moss. And even at that it went to overtime which means there was a 1 point difference between the Ravens performances at both the Jets and Patriots.

But at the end of the day the Jets beat the Patriots and until/unless the Patriots beat the Jets it won't change.

Last edited:
The Patriots were dominating the Jets in the first half of their game. They fell apart in the second half, due largely to unforced errors.

Yeah, that's it.

It was Pats 14-10 at halftime. The second TD was scored with a minute left on a miracle grab by a receiver no longer on the team. The Jets marched down the field and scored a field goal immediately after. Then the Jets scored 18 unanswered in the second half, finishing at 28-10. Brady had 2 picks and Sanchez went for 220 with 3 td's no picks. Pass the kool aid.

Last edited:
Nikolai and shmessy need to hold hands. Arguing over a week 10 power ranking. C'mon man.

That was yesterday. Who's living in the past? ;)

They were coming off a bye week and the Ravens had to do a lot more guessing than would normally be the case about what sort of offense they would face after we traded Moss.

Well, according to a poster here (tombonneau, I believe) D-coordinators around the league were high fiving when we traded Moss, not guessing unknowns. That was how he gauged whether the trade was good or bad:

A good way to gauge a trade is how your opponents react to it. I guarantee you every coach left on the Pats schedule are high fiving and the ones playing the Vikings are thinking "****".

Maybe the Ravens coaches were so busy high fiving they were caught off guard.;)

Yeah, that's it.

It was Pats 14-10 at halftime. The second TD was scored with a minute left on a miracle grab by a receiver no longer on the team. The Jets marched down the field and scored a field goal immediately after. Then the Jets scored 18 unanswered in the second half, finishing at 28-10. Brady had 2 picks and Sanchez went for 220 with 3 td's no picks. Pass the kool aid.

I guess you've never really watched Moss play over the years..there was nothing micacle about it.

I guess you've never really watched Moss play over the years..there was nothing micacle about it.

True, I thought that 10?-yard catch in Indy in 2007 was more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back