PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This week's Out-Takes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

Another fine read. I have to go on record that I don't understand all the hate towards Matt Millen. Yes, he royally scr3wed Detroit as a manager, but comparing that to his ability to be a TV analyst/talking head is like comparing apples and orangutans. Two different things

Running a franchise has a whole different set of skills than just breaking down plays or providing commentary and insight for a TV audience. Many times, there are things in a GM's job that are simply beyoind his control. Now, I'm not saying anyone should give Millen a pass for his poor job at Detroit, but saying he shouldn't be a commentator because he was a poor GM is more than rediculous.

respects,

Couldn't agree more, but I guess that's obvious from the column. I think he was very good at his job back in the day, and while I do KIND of understand the line people draw from analyzing football players as a GM and doing so as a talking head, I think you're right. They might seem like similar skill-sets, but they're really not. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes