PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This week will be big test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
There will be debate about how good a team Denver really is at this point. They've scored just 19 points in 2 games and Plummer hasn't looked all that spectacular.

Here's what we do know:

1. No matter the competition, they haven't allowed a TD yet.
2. The Bell-Bell RB duo has done well so far.
3. The Pats are to Manning as the Broncos are to Brady. Overall, he's struggled against them.

We know what there attacking defense did to Brady last season and so far this year he's been below his usual performance level. It will be interesting to see if he can right the ship against a team that has at times dominated him in the past.

Obviously being at home will be a boost. (I was beginning to think the NFL had declared it illegal for the Patriots to actually HOST the Broncos in a game :))

It's a conference game so every win we can get is critical because tiebreakers could definately come into play with a strong AFC this season.

We have a nationally televised game at the same time that a lot of people are doubting the Patriots. Hopefully we can make a statement.

Oh, I thought it was going to be a tough week reading the pundit's deep thoughts.

This is the game we've all been waiting for.

This will be a coaching battle too-should be very physical.

I'm concerned with the big plays against us.
Stupid penalties
Weak Tackles (Hits are great but you MUST FINISH!)
We've come very close to sacking the QB and somehow these guys squeeze out a bomb-we can't have that. Denver will have some crap up their sleeze and we need give tight coverage and PAY ATTENTION.

TB needs to be more alert too and get over the drama and start hating.
Troy Brown rules....did you see the stiff-arms?!?!?!?!?!?!Nice!

We both have solid running games-but we're better.

Our defense will swarm
Their O-line can try all the chop blocks and illegal crap they want....
We will break them down-the RB's the QB....all of them

I'm hoping that we knock out a couple Broncos for the season to make up for last season. I hate the team, the coach and fans.

I don't care how much we win by as long as we win.

Denver stinks. 9 points against the KC defense? That's worse than awful. the real test will come in Cincy.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Denver stinks. 9 points against the KC defense? That's worse than awful. the real test will come in Cincy.

:agree: about Cincy being the bigger test but ....

Denver still has a good Defense. Their offense is sputtering but it
could come together and do some damage. If they play like last
two weeks ....then yeah PATs shouldn't have a problem.

The thing you got to take into consideration is ..... Shannahan. If there
is a way to right the offensive ship ... i bet he finds it.
I think they will offer a bigger challenge than the JETs.

I agree. We usually struggle against those bastards anyway, and the Pats have yet to really come together.

It will be interesting how we do against them. I think it will be a great indication of where the Pats are.

I foresee lots of defense and running!!!!!

Crazy Patriot Guy said:
Obviously being at home will be a boost. (I was beginning to think the NFL had declared it illegal for the Patriots to actually HOST the Broncos in a game :))

Yet another way in which they are to Brady what Brady is to Manning.

How many consecutive home games have we had against the Colts since the 4 down goal-line stand in 2003??? Counting this year, I think it's 5 straight.

Shanahan is probably licking his chops looking at the film of our secondary. All he needs to do is get the ball past our linebackers and let his athletes smashmouth the daffodils in our secondary.

Yeah, this is just one of those games we struggle with for no apparent reason. I feel fine about it, if our front seven can continue to dominate on early downs and force Plummer to throw for first downs a lot we should be fine - as much as I am not a big fan of Pennington overall, he is very good and accurate in the short passing game. Offensively we need to keep the two headed Dillon-Maroney beast going as Denver has an aggressive, blitzing defense.

I know that I will get laughed at for this, but I think NE is going to kill Denver. They are still pissed about last year and are going to take out their frustrations on a Denver team still feeling themselves out.

Oswlek said:
I know that I will get laughed at for this, but I think NE is going to kill Denver. They are still pissed about last year and are going to take out their frustrations on a Denver team still feeling themselves out.
I know one thing - I would be a lot of money that one of Ernie Adams' offseason assignments was a serious film study of Denver. Even though we "should have" won the playoff game, they are a serious matchup thorn in Belichick's side - admittedly usually on the road for whatever reason - it needs to end and it needs to end NOW.

From SI.COM via DEnver Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/09/18/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html
Jake Plummer knows the score. He is a dead quarterback walking. The Broncos won Sunday. But anyone who saw Plummer in the locker room felt the discomfort of standing in the presence of a beaten man. Giving Jay Cutler a shot to play this season is not as big a risk as sticking with a rattled 31-year-old quarterback in danger of tripping every time he walks to the line of scrimmage.
-- Denver Post

I'd love to see them force a change during the game on Sunday.

I expect more 3-4 defense in order to contain Jake P's roll outs and scrambles. Unfortunately, this will give a little more space for Denvers running attack. If the Pats can get an early lead, then they can dictate with the play action. Hopefully Brady will think more about first downs than homeruns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back