PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This was Tom Brady in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let me give you the gif..

tumblr_m1xcxhrHcy1r7ooxd.gif

And to think there's a thread from this season calling into question his clutchness.

The man is a freaking lion. Wouldn't trade him for the world.

I know it wasn't his best performance, but damn he was on fire in that second half. Seeing that drive and determination is what sports is all about. It sucks that the team lost and them winning would have made it all that more memorable but somehow I feel pretty good about this team after watching that performance. I thought Brady was going to tear Hochulli's head off when he game the 9ers that timeout.

What worries me is that the Brady of the first half was the twitchy TB we've seen in some big games the last few years, including the 2 SB loses, the Jets playoff game, etc. It's a little disturbing that TB went off after the team was down 28. Psychologically the pressures off at that point in some ways, it becomes - What the hell, it can't get any worse - and the mentally the player is released to be himself again.

Let's not forget that TB contributed to the problems with two INTs. The first especially was an unnecessary forcing of the issue. Again, reminiscent of some INTs he's chucked in the playoffs lately.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that TB contributed to the problems with two INTs. The first especially was an unnecessary forcing of the issue. Again, reminiscent of some INTs he's chucked in the playoffs lately.

The first one is probably fair to put blame on Brady. But come on, the second one is because Hernandez got butterfingers.

He was an absolute monster. Loved the call he made to just QB sneak on 1st and 10 when he saw the biga$$ gap in the line right in front of him. Loved the fury when Mr Dummy Hochuli gave SF the timeout (even though it was probably legit)... he just had that air about him, hell or high water.

Shame the game ended the way it did, but it was inspirational to watch while it lasted. Really displayed a good portion of the once in a generation type skillset that we'll be talking about until we're all stuffed into flying elvis shaped coffins wearing Pat Patriot hats.

What worries me is that the Brady of the first half was the twitchy TB we've seen in some big games the last few years, including the 2 SB loses, the Jets playoff game, etc. It's a little disturbing that TB went off after the team was down 28. Psychologically the pressures off at that point in some ways, it becomes - What the hell, it can't get any worse - and the mentally the player is released to be himself again.

I get what you're saying, but that second INT had NOTHING to do with him. The first was also partially Welkers fault as he stopped running, looking for a flag, after the ball was in the air.

Brady also had nothing to do with the two (almost three) RB fumbles, the punt fake, and the kickoff return/1 throw TD that killed our 4th quarter momentum.

Yes, he had that panicked look at times, but I do recall against Houston (an even bigger stage - MNF>SNF) he came out absolutely determined. So while there is some credit to your statement, there's also holes in it.

Last edited:
I thought Tom did alright with the pressure at times as well. There two or three plays where Aldon freakin' Smith went unblocked, and Tom was able to throw the ball away without intentional grounding. The guy took a lot of hits both in the pocket and on scrambles/sneaks. I don't think you can fault him for being afraid to play a physical game.

Those last two quarters he taught a master class in QB. All these little tricks - he pulled out all the stops.

And to think there's a thread from this season calling into question his clutchness.

The man is a freaking lion. Wouldn't trade him for the world.

That's because some "fans" are complete morons, and others only post to push buttons and try to piss people off. A number of them aren't really fans, just messageboard trolls who drop in to say really stupid crap and get reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes