PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This was the first Post-Season victory for how many Pats' players....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at the roster, I was trying to figure out how many players had experienced a post-season victory before last night. For some, like Waters, Gerard Warren and OchoCinco, despite their nearly a decade in the league, none had seen a playoff win. But for all the Pats' players that entered the league with the team in 2008 or after, they also were novices. I counted 36players on the active roster who had never had a post-season victory before. Some got it with other teams like Woodhead and Anderson...

-----------------------
New England Patriots

48 Aiken, Danny LS
24 Arrington, Kyle CB
97 Brace, Ron DT ACT
31 Brown, Sergio FS
61 Cannon, Marcus T
25 Chung, Patrick FS
71 Deaderick, Brandon DE
11 Edelman, Julian WR
52 Fletcher, Dane OLB
42 Green-Ellis, BenJarvus
87 Gronkowski, Rob TE
59 Guyton, Gary MLB
81 Hernandez, Aaron
8 Hoyer, Brian QB
23 Jones, Nate FS
90 Koutouvides, Niko
74 Love, Kyle DT
15 Mallett, Ryan QB
51 Mayo, Jerod MLB
32 McCourty, Devin
14 Mesko, Zoltan
27 Molden, Antwaun
29 Moore, Sterling
50 Ninkovich, Rob
85 Ochocinco, Chad
36 Polite, Lousaka
22 Ridley, Stevan
77 Solder, Nate
55 Spikes, Brandon
64 Thomas, Donald
10 Underwood, Tiquan
34 Vereen, Shane
76 Vollmer, Sebastian
98 Warren, Gerard
54 Waters, Brian
62 Wendell, Ryan

Last edited:
Welker is #1 on my list of guys who deserve a ring.

Waters is right up there too. Hard worker, leader.

Long list hopefully means a lot of hungry players wanting even more success in the playoffs

What do Welker, Gronk, AHern, Branch and Woodhead have in common?

None of them played in the 2009 game. Add in OL like; Solder, Waters and Connelly.
That's 8 new starters. Also, more depth at rb with Benny and Ridley. 2009 game doesn't matter when it comes to this game. Other than I'm sure it pissed Brady and Belichick off.

Re: What do Welker, Gronk, AHern, Branch and Woodhead have in common?

I was going to say they aren't black but then I noticed Branch.

Tom Menino butchered all their names in a press conference?!?

What they have in common is Tom Brady.

Are they all not thinking about the superbowl but putting every ounce of energy into winning this weekend?

I certainly hope so.

I was going to say they aren't black but then I noticed Branch.

It seems like we have the most white guys on offense in the NFL and I feel that could have contributed the Broncos to double the wrong guy sometimes. lol.

Imagine if you spread Woodhead, Welker and Edelman out. :rofl:

It seems like we have the most white guys on offense in the NFL and I feel that could have contributed the Broncos to double the wrong guy sometimes. lol.

i think it was Welker's touchdown, Simms was flabbergasted about why they doubled Edelman instead of Welker. (i think it was that play, not 100% sure)

I was laughing so hard when they double covered Edelman instead of Welker on that (1st?) touchdown. What a brilliant offensive wrinkle, make the white midgets line up together.

Wow, in that game, Flacco was 4 for 10 for 34 yards...and Kevin Faulk was our leading rusher.

Welker, Gronk, AHern, Branch, and Woodhead

I'll take it one further....

Not only did none of these players appear in the 2009 playoff game, but all of them played in the 2010 regular season victory. Although even that was a come from behind OT victory that might not ease some tensions.

Wow, in that game, Flacco was 4 for 10 for 34 yards...and Kevin Faulk was our leading rusher.

Patriot receivers: Randy Moss, Julian Edelman, Kevin Faulk, Sammy Morris, Sam Aiken, Ben Watson, Chris Baker

I think I'd take the 2006 group over those guys.

Stop making excuses like both teams aren't identical and 2009 isn't 100% relevant to 2011!

What did our defense look like? Jarvis Green? Ty Warren? Leigh Bodden? Injured Mayo? Honestly, I think our 2009 defense was worse than 2010 and 2011, we just didn't have the offense operating on the same level in 2009 to hide it. This team is far superior to the squad that walked into the field in 2009.

Patriot receivers: Randy Moss, Julian Edelman, Kevin Faulk, Sammy Morris, Sam Aiken, Ben Watson, Chris Baker

I think I'd take the 2006 group over those guys.

Agreed, but Edelman at least played like an absolute stud on that day. He had two TDs, a nice punt return, and converted a first down on like fourth and 15 by breaking two or three tackles.

But yes, the '09 team was certainly missing Doug Gabriel (kidding).

Agreed, but Edelman at least played like an absolute stud on that day. He had two TDs, a nice punt return, and converted a first down on like fourth and 15 by breaking two or three tackles.
I think you might be combining two plays. There was a 4th and 7 on which Edelman broke three or four tackles, but it got called back on a penalty on Slater. Then he got the fourth down on the next play with a few yards to spare (24-yard pass play). But yeah, he was pretty much the only Patriot on offense who played with any sort of fire that day. Brady seemed lost without his security Welker, and the rest just sort of spiraled out of control.

Last edited:

You all seem to be forgetting the fact that Baltimore is also a much better team than it was in 2009...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back