Welcome to PatsFans.com

This thread will be closed

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I just checked my PM's as I usually do every month because I rarely get them. There were two warnings on me by FTW because I took him to task on his rants about Obama and his heritage. I said: "Based on this post alone (not to mention many other of your posts, I am left with one conclusion.....You're an idiot."

That was the first one. The second one was because I made a joke on him - a "****-on" joke like guys do when they're standing around a fire drinking beers and giving each other crap. It went like this:

Originally Posted by FreeTedWilliams
    ...For those of us who went to college pre-internet, their was an underground at every University, for term papers. Hell I even made money typing term papers.

And then I replied:
    WOW! That's amazing and surprising......

You went to college?

I know it gets really hot in here, but I, for one, enjoy the banter and honest criticism we lay on each other. Really honest people should be able to tell each other when they're full of shyte, right? I don't mind being called out on a BS charge. It happens. I'm wrong more than I'm right, which explains why I'm not a millionaire. So be it.

Just thought you all should know what the limits are with the mods.
  2. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Does FreeTedWilliams understand humor ?

can someone explain where was the problem in this case ?

I hate abuse of power ,so please show us where was the infraction in his post ?
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I think the problem is that we aren't standing around drinking beers, and the tone you would use busting someone's balls in real life doesn't always translate through written words.

I said this about the Obi Wan rant in "infractions" so I'd be a hypocrite not to bring it up here. I think that both mods do a pretty good job here considering they have to deal with very heated discussions and a wide array of opinions. There's a massive grey are that is defined by "personal attacks." Because politics can get personal because issues are often emotional, it's difficult to define this. They either have to allow them all, or disallow them all. The middle ground will be a mess because everyone thinks that one mod is favoring certain posters because of their political beliefs.

So Wistah, no offense intended here at all, but I actually agree with FTW here. In any event, it's just an infraction, unless you get banned it doesn't mean anything. FTW has given me an infraction in the past but it was fair, and I don't think he's doing it to silence your opinions.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I totally disagree. We are standing around drinking beers. How is it more than that?

FTW is taking things out of context and blowing them out of proportion.

This is political censorship. I've called Patters on it before as well. I don't necessarily blame Patters and FTW. When you give someone the power to sensor opinion and claim authority based on arbitrary intrpretation, you inevitably get abuse of power. They can't help it. It's just like the FCC and the government in general. I made the mistake of calling him out as a BS artist. Jeesus H friggin Christ! This is a political message board. It's the pits. It's the lowest of lows. What is lower than a political opinion?
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

FTW's hemmaroids must have been acting up that day.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Know what? I just had a revellation:

FTW,
    I apologize for anything I might have said to warrant an infraction.
    If I offended you in any way, I wish I could take those words back.
    I can't, so please accept my humble apology.
    No kidding.

I'll try to change my tone and directness. No offense intended.

This thread was initiated in a fit of outrage and that's too easy to do online, isn't it? I would like to have it deleted. I am embarassed. The whole "no consequences" thing, right?

Best of luck to you, Patters, and the entire membership. Keep up the good work.
  7. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

8. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

He's gone all Patty Hurst on us now:D

Seriously though, it's no coincidence that the left-leaning members on this site think FTW abuses power and the right-leaning members think Patters does.

Well if they both supposedly target those who they disagree with then doesn't it even out?
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Just read the link...
    No it doesn't have anything to do with Hearst....more like picking your battles. I'm a tired, broken old man compared to you young, fiery bucks willing to take on the man at the drop of a hat. ;)
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

My view is a little different, if FTW is going to be an unbiased mod, then it is expected that he exhibit a modicum of responsible posting on this site.. I do not respect someone who does the bevis and butthead imitation over everything that becomes politicized... if you are going to talk the talk, walk the walk.. pure and simple.. I have seen outrageous things on this board that have been ignored, while others have not been.. there is a need for consistency and following the rules.. I know my time on this board is short as i will continue to confront the fraudulent behavior of FTW.
  12. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

I have no dog in this fight, and I have zero knowledge of what the issues are. I just signed in to mention Wistah is wrong

NO I mean I just signed in to note, it's interesting that sometimes or some of us posters see us as "standing around drinking a beer" and some see the forum as more like swapping little essays etc.

Maybe there's some truth to the idea that the internet brings together people who'd never get together in real life.

So maybe, just maybe, we all assume way more on the internet, in terms of having a "common culture", than we really can assume... hence, the temptation to flame.

Been there my ownself,

PFnV
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My time as well....
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

I saw a Robin today.
  15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

Putting ON My Moderator's Hat

Yes, as stated yesterday, this type of thread will be closed. It was open this long because apparently neither FTW or I were around. But, please, think of infractions this way: The first few are simply reminders. They do not turn into anything more than a reminder unless you get at least 5 infractions in 10 days. If you want to talk more about this, then please post in the rules sticky.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.