PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This teams biggest problem- O'Brien

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also on the BOB sucks bandwagon for a bit last year but I haven't had too many gripes about him this year. He's one of the last people I would blame for yesterday.

This is a ridiculous and stupid thread.

BOB made a great adjustment against the cover 0 on the receivers and the roaming backers.

He went to play action with Woodhead, and the offense put together 4 good drives that resulted in 2 Hernandez TDs.

The Colts most certainly do NOT throw the ball 100% on 3rd down, and last year they had absolutely no running game.

WW

Didnt say that they throw the ball 100% on 3rd down. They throw the ball a lot more than the Patriots do on 3rd down and are pretty successful.

This whole thread is ridiculous and people are throwing the wrong guy under the bus, the players are the ones on the field and they are the ones who played terribly yesterday

BOB made a great adjustment against the cover 0 on the receivers and the roaming backers.

He went to play action with Woodhead, and the offense put together 4 good drives that resulted in 2 Hernandez TDs.

Agreed. Some posters just dont understand deep into the game and understand what truly is going on.

Welker is not really getting double teamed. He is getting jammed at the line of scrimmage thus making it difficult for him to get off the ball quick enough to be able to catch his passes over the middle. Moving him to the outside would do nothing because he would still get jammed and he is not an outside WR in the NFL, he is a slot WR.

Hernandez was used properly yesterday over the middle. He was the Pats leading WR and had two TDs. Tate did run some down the field routes yesterday and the one time Brady threw it to him he dropped a sure 1st down. Tate needs to step up and prove that he can catch the ball down field. Edelman has struggled all season long, he hasnt even been on the field more than 10-15 plays all year.

The Patriots dont run the ball as much because they simply dont have the guys to do that. BJGE and Woodhead are just not everyday backs in the NFL. Taylor is injury prone thus being inactive virtually the whole season and Morris getting up there in age and barley sees more than 5 plays a game. The Patriots running game is doing well for what they have to work with. The OL has struggled this year with run blocking as well, so that doesnt help much either.

Seems to be like these posters here that are all over BOB are over the wrong guy. This is a player issue. Its not BOBs fault that WRs are 2nd in the league in drops, its not BOBs fault that the Patriots dont have an every day back to work with in the running game. BOB has done a very good job this season, improving a great deal from last season especially with in game adjustments which seemed to be a major problem last season

While I have been killing on this offense post-Moss today, the fact is that they were given a limited # of opportunities yesterday, and had 3 quality drives and a fourth which ended on a brutal Tate drop.

People will harp on the 14 points, but exactly how many possessions did they even have yesterday? Our offense hardly got to take the field.

That said - even the successful drives are such a grind now without Moss. The middle of the field is flooded with defenders. Moving the ball down the field has become a chore, there is nothing graceful about it right now.

Last edited:

I agree. I used to be an O'Brien hater, but he called a good game yesterday. The offense didn't execute his plays, and that's why we didn't score more points. We definitely had the opportunities to do so.

So let me get this straight. A team tied with the best record in the NFL, 2nd overall for points per game, needs to fire the offensive coordinator because of what now?

Hmmm.... first of all the Patriots have a very good offense, even if isn't what it once was. Randy Moss has a little something to do with that.

They do? I haven't seen any evidence of a better than average, let alone very good offense, since the Moss trade.

They do? I haven't seen any evidence of a better than average, let alone very good offense, since the Moss trade.

At worst it's a wash, and it's a wash with upside and potential to get better which the other really wasn't...

At this juncture it would really behoove Ian to institute a policy that anyone who starts a blame BoB thread gets banished to the PS with his thread...

The offense was totally discombobulated yesterday, couldn't get the plays in time, couldn't line-up straight, spacing was messed up. Yes, blame the players, Brady, Gronk and the offensive line, but I'm wondering how you guys aren't seeing that everything that leads up to the issue of execution (or the lack thereof) isn't sorely wanting.

The offense is disorganized. Who is to blame for a disorganized offense?

The offense is disorganized. Who is to blame for a disorganized offense?

All the work since training camp was geared towards anticipating certain defenses we'd be facing with Randy Moss. Without Moss, we are facing different defenses, the progressions Brady has aren't finding open guys, the protection is inconsistent, some of these receivers couldn't catch a cold in winter right now, and Brady's accuracy has not been his trademark.

There a lot of things going on - but trading a centerpiece to your offense is going to cause an adjustment period.

Last edited:
With all the dreck you find on the Patsfans main board (EVEN NOW) it's beyond comprehension that a thread criticizing the OC and the disorganized offense was moved off the main board.

Ridiculous.

What's the point of even posting on Patsfans.com anymore. I'm done, see ya. What a pansy site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back