Welcome to PatsFans.com

this team is lacking play makers so lets draft some

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by SeauOUCH, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeauOUCH

SeauOUCH Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

trade down with KC #22 for #36 + #68

#36 Jerry Hughes OLB TCU

#44 Jahvid Best RB CAL

#47 trade for #70 & a '2011 #2

#53 Dennis Pitta TE BYU

#68 Jason Worlids OLB VT

#70 Andre Roberts WR Citadel

The more I think about it the more I don't want Odrick in round 1, he seems like a solid blue collar type player that will do his job but won't make a huge impact. I rather use our raiders #1 next year to get a stud DE & have Wright hold down the position this year.

With this draft we get potentially 2 OLB that can get after the QB, a homerun hitting RB ( also a + return guy ), a very polished TE, & a #2 WR.
  2. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -4

It's not a bad draft really. I like Andre Roberts and I think he is a solid value in the 3rd or 4th round. He has the type of route running ability that makes me think he can make an impact sooner rather than later.

I would like to pick up a Defensive End though. Perhaps Aluala in the 2nd if Odrick is not an option in round 1.
  3. TriplecHamp

TriplecHamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +104 / 2 / -1

#24 Jersey

We need playmakers but Jerry Hughes, Worilds and Pita are not them. Not to mention that Best is a little risky.
  4. StraightCashHomey81

StraightCashHomey81 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like the idea of trading down (most won't) and getting more picks. Hughes and Worlids are too short for BB. Switch Hughes for Ricky Sapp and Worlids for a DE like Arthur Jones, Lamarr Houston, or Al Woods and I would LOVE this draft. Best, Roberts, and Pitta are all good players who fill needs and fit our system.
  5. SeauOUCH

SeauOUCH Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How is Hughes not a playmaker? He had 15 sacks in '08 & 11 1/2 last year, the guy knows how to get after the QB & he was tied ( with Worilds ) for the best 10 & 20 yard splits for LBs at the combine.

Pitta may not be a home run threat but he is a guy that can step in right away & produce.

Also I hope BB gets over his height bias, 6'5 LB's that can play come around like once every 5 years & tend to go in the top 10. The only thing Sapp is better at Hughes at is being taller, Hughes is 10x's the football players that Sapp is.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  6. Warren94

Warren94 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

great draft. like the trades. Hughes is going to be a stud with any team that drafts him. living in Mt. West country he is amazing.
  7. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +366 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

How do you know that these guys will be playmakers in the NFL???
  8. Warren94

Warren94 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

How do you know they won't be ;)
  9. the wrothbroughterer

the wrothbroughterer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For a trading down scenario this does look pretty solid, but I think that there are better picks that can be made. For instance, Dennis Pitta is not a 2nd round pick and taking him with the 53rd is an outrageous reach. He is at best a 3rd or 4th round talent, and Scouts Inc has him as the 6th best TE in the draft. Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez would be much better picks.

I think you reach again with the Andre Roberts Selection. An early 3rd round pick spent on a small school athlete seems wasteful. Eric Decker has a pretty good shot of being there at 70(10th ranked WR).
  10. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Rookie

Ratings:
    +132 / 13 / -10

I don't see why we would spend that high a pick like #53 on a TE, which we primarily use to block anyway, we can get blocking TE way further down and use that pick on a higher need position.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.