Reaction score
trade down with KC #22 for #36 + #68

#36 Jerry Hughes OLB TCU

#44 Jahvid Best RB CAL

#47 trade for #70 & a '2011 #2

#53 Dennis Pitta TE BYU

#68 Jason Worlids OLB VT

#70 Andre Roberts WR Citadel

The more I think about it the more I don't want Odrick in round 1, he seems like a solid blue collar type player that will do his job but won't make a huge impact. I rather use our raiders #1 next year to get a stud DE & have Wright hold down the position this year.

With this draft we get potentially 2 OLB that can get after the QB, a homerun hitting RB ( also a + return guy ), a very polished TE, & a #2 WR.

It's not a bad draft really. I like Andre Roberts and I think he is a solid value in the 3rd or 4th round. He has the type of route running ability that makes me think he can make an impact sooner rather than later.

I would like to pick up a Defensive End though. Perhaps Aluala in the 2nd if Odrick is not an option in round 1.

We need playmakers but Jerry Hughes, Worilds and Pita are not them. Not to mention that Best is a little risky.

I like the idea of trading down (most won't) and getting more picks. Hughes and Worlids are too short for BB. Switch Hughes for Ricky Sapp and Worlids for a DE like Arthur Jones, Lamarr Houston, or Al Woods and I would LOVE this draft. Best, Roberts, and Pitta are all good players who fill needs and fit our system.

We need playmakers but Jerry Hughes, Worilds and Pita are not them. Not to mention that Best is a little risky.

How is Hughes not a playmaker? He had 15 sacks in '08 & 11 1/2 last year, the guy knows how to get after the QB & he was tied ( with Worilds ) for the best 10 & 20 yard splits for LBs at the combine.

Pitta may not be a home run threat but he is a guy that can step in right away & produce.

Also I hope BB gets over his height bias, 6'5 LB's that can play come around like once every 5 years & tend to go in the top 10. The only thing Sapp is better at Hughes at is being taller, Hughes is 10x's the football players that Sapp is.

Last edited:
great draft. like the trades. Hughes is going to be a stud with any team that drafts him. living in Mt. West country he is amazing.

#36 Jerry Hughes OLB TCU

#44 Jahvid Best RB CAL

#53 Dennis Pitta TE BYU

#68 Jason Worlids OLB VT

The more I think about it the more I don't want Odrick in round 1, he seems like a solid blue collar type player that will do his job but won't make a huge impact. I rather use our raiders #1 next year to get a stud DE & have Wright hold down the position this year.

With this draft we get potentially 2 OLB that can get after the QB, a homerun hitting RB ( also a + return guy ), a very polished TE, & a #2 WR.

How do you know that these guys will be playmakers in the NFL???

How do you know they won't be ;)

#36 Jerry Hughes OLB TCU

#44 Jahvid Best RB CAL

#53 Dennis Pitta TE BYU

#68 Jason Worlids OLB VT

For a trading down scenario this does look pretty solid, but I think that there are better picks that can be made. For instance, Dennis Pitta is not a 2nd round pick and taking him with the 53rd is an outrageous reach. He is at best a 3rd or 4th round talent, and Scouts Inc has him as the 6th best TE in the draft. Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez would be much better picks.

I think you reach again with the Andre Roberts Selection. An early 3rd round pick spent on a small school athlete seems wasteful. Eric Decker has a pretty good shot of being there at 70(10th ranked WR).

I don't see why we would spend that high a pick like #53 on a TE, which we primarily use to block anyway, we can get blocking TE way further down and use that pick on a higher need position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back