PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This team is backed into a corner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franchise12

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
With their backs against the wall. every team now seeing it as an oppurtunity to get their punches in. well, with adversity pinning their back against the wall they only have 2 options.. take the beating that the leagues been waiting for, or fight to the death. knowing this team i think the latter is appclicable.

Re: This Team Is Backed Into A Corner.........

I agree. BB will apologize to the team and the Krafts for putting them in this position, move forward and use this issue as a motivational tool for the rest of the season.

I can hear it now inside the bowels of Gillette...

"The league thinks we need to cheat to win. Other teams think we need to cheat to win. They are saying we never were good enough to win a game on our own merits and all those wins and SB victories were hollow victories"...

Oh man...I can hear it now.

I agree. BB will apologize to the team and the Krafts for putting them in this position, move forward and use this issue as a motivational tool for the rest of the season.

I can hear it now inside the bowels of Gillette...

"The league thinks we need to cheat to win. Other teams think we need to cheat to win. They are saying we never were good enough to win a game on our own merits and all those wins and SB victories were hollow victories"...

Oh man...I can hear it now.

MAN... I am already pissed... Ive been traveling all day and every freaking sports radio in VA is bashing us... these sore losers (other NFL teams) ... seriously I hope Pats reallly take this **** personally!!!!!

believe me they will take it personally. this is a team of unappreciated players or players that have been labeled all throughout their careers. This will get the fire burning inside for these guys. nobody with a competitive spirit will let this slide. these guys will be playing their a$ses off for the rest of the season. in the locker room before the 2004 afc championship against the steelers, belichick told his team to look around at the teammates in that room because "all they have is eachother" if there was ever a time this was fitting its sure is now.

MAN... I am already pissed... Ive been traveling all day and every freaking sports radio in VA is bashing us... these sore losers (other NFL teams) ... seriously I hope Pats reallly take this **** personally!!!!!

I admit it. I can't stand people bashing the Pats. Even if the bad things are true. I like looking through rose colored glasses. I like drinking the Kool-Aid. I like "In BB We Trust". It works for me. Sure, I complain about X play that was run or BB doing dumb things, but like a lot of the people on this board, I've been a fan for a long time. I remember Daryl Stingley, the team almost moving to St. L., Sam Jankovitch running the team into the ground, Lisa Olsen, drug charges after the Sb vs the Bears, 1-15 in 1990, 2-14 in 1992..Just awful, awful times. We'll be bad again. Every team goes through cycles.

Thats why this cameragate and headset frequency crap is insignificant compared to what we've gone through over the last 30 years.It'll pass and we will carry on. This little incident is nothing compared to the past. This team has proven that controversy is fleeting and success is sustaining.

My advice: Have a beer. Pop in 3 Games To Glory 1, 2 and 3. Watch the SD game. Watch the "Snow Bowl". Stay in Pats-Nirvana because it won't last and don't let the world piss on how you feel about this team.

Belichick and whoever else on the coaching staff was involved is backed into a corner, I don't see what can be done to the players over it. Rodney and Richard not playing impacts them more dramatically on the field.

If they were a lousy team this season (or say merely average like the '05 team) than they'd probably have to put up with a lot of crap over the course of the season. Most teams aren't going to be able to trash talk much when they're down by 14 points by the middle of the third quarter (not counting SD or Indy in this, they'll play well and have a solid chance of beating the Pats).

Would you rather be a Browns fan and gain sympathy for sucking or have your team be good and the object of hatred? Nobody outside of NE has liked the Patriots since the cinderella 2001 season to begin with.

The only thing that can happen that negatively impacts the team this season is suspending Belichick. Draft picks aren't going to mean much if he was planning on retiring after this season.

a wise man once told me " if youre not the the object of peoples hatred, youre not successful";)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes