PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This team has a heart of a Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We don't really know what is going to happen this Sunday or beyond. But I wanted to just say that this team has shown me that it does have the heart of a champion.

Might not be as talented as the 2003 or 2004 teams but the burning desire to win and to play like champions is still there. Personally I think that they will go all the way and win the 4th SB. But if for some reason they don't we all can be very proud of this team.

2006 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: HEART OF A CHAMPION.

We don't really know what is going to happen this Sunday or beyond. But I wanted to just say that this team has shown me that it does have the heart of a champion.

Might not be as talented as the 2003 or 2004 teams but the burning desire to win and to play like champions is still there. Personally I think that they will go all the way and win the 4th SB. But if for some reason they don't we all can be very proud of this team.

2006 NEW ENGALND PATRIOTS: HEART OF A CHAMPION.

I usually agree with everything you say so why stop now.

There's nothing I want more than some Pats players contemplating retirement to go out on top.

2006 NEW ENGALND PATRIOTS: HEART OF A CHAMPION.

I heartily concur. This has been a difficult season, and I think I would have left the season reasonably happy with a 12-4 record and the wild card success over the Jets.

But this team constantly finds ways to take their performances up another notch, and a lot of that has to do with courage and an absolute desire to win and be the best.

Being at the AFC Championship game feels, in a small way, like a bonus for the 2006 season, but having got here now everything is there to be played for, and I'll be bitterly disappointed if we don't make that penultimate leap on Sunday, because while I agree with many that the Pats are not as purely talented as the Chargers, they are more talented than the Colts and bring a whole train load of intangible qualities that few other teams in sport possess.

(That said, and this is where it gets a little controversial, I would not begrudge the Colts a Championship. Throughout our dynastic run they have set very high standards on the football field - and off it mostly, the odd Napolian moment aside - and do not deserve much of the opprobrium heaped on them on this site).

2006 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: HEART OF A CHAMPION.

Look at my signature :D :D

That game against the Chargers sealed the deal for me that this team, no matter what happens now, can be proud of this year.

Really, I feel the Pats are now playing with House Money.

That being said, this week's opponent does make it more important to win. Anyone else and I wouldn't be so intense for this game and would be more sanguine. Imagine (shudder) the Colts just making it to the SB. You think the Peyton Manning TV commercial onslaught is bad now???????

TV's would be renamed PV's (PeytonVision) and the internet would be renamed the Manningnet.

The Patriots must protect civilization as we know it.

Disclaimer: The above post's last line was written tongue in cheek. The rest of the post wasn't.

Disclaimer: The above post's last line was written tongue in cheek. The rest of the post wasn't.

Tounge in cheek but very true.

The ramifications of a Manning win are too terrible to contemplate.:scared:

Tounge in cheek but very true.

The ramifications of a Manning win are too terrible to contemplate.:scared:

I don't share that view. But then I don't live in a world where I am swamped with all things Manning through the media and advertising world, so it's easier to be a little more forgiving.

I don't share that view. But then I don't live in a world where I am swamped with all things Manning through the media and advertising world, so it's easier to be a little more forgiving.

If you did, you would be afraid . You would be very afraid.

Like last year, they do not feel like a #1 team as they did in 03 and 04. But then again, they beat more objectively talented teams in 2001 to win. The SB winner is not the "best team", it's just the team that gets it done when it has to.

Heart of a Champion is right:

For all the talk about how the Chargers gave this one away -- and they did make some big and dumb mistakes, and the Pats made a few too -- let's not forget that after Troy's strip sack (which was a great play by Troy, not a bad play by McKee), the situation was this:

Pats down 21-13, ball on SD 32, 5-6 minutes to go (IIRC). None of the really dumb plays or calls by SD happened after that that I can recall, and there were so many ways SD could have won. The Pats still needed TD, 2-pt, and a further winning score. That was not luck and it was not handed to them -- that was execution.

For all the talk about how the Chargers gave this one away -- and they did make some big and dumb mistakes, and the Pats made a few too -- let's not forget that after Troy's strip sack (which was a great play by Troy, not a bad play by McKee), the situation was this:

Pats down 21-13, ball on SD 32, 5-6 minutes to go (IIRC). None of the really dumb plays or calls by SD happened after that that I can recall, and there were so many ways SD could have won. The Pats still needed TD, 2-pt, and a further winning score. That was not luck and it was not handed to them -- that was execution.

You are so right. I was talking with my brother at the time and we were both so astonished at the Troy Brown play, but all I could think was "there's still too many ifs". Incredibly, all of them happened. That was not all luck.

Oddly enough, I was just thinking this morning about how this team reminds me of the Houston Rockets' second championship team.

That game against the Chargers sealed the deal for me that this team, no matter what happens now, can be proud of this year.

Really, I feel the Pats are now playing with House Money.

That being said, this week's opponent does make it more important to win. Anyone else and I wouldn't be so intense for this game and would be more sanguine. Imagine (shudder) the Colts just making it to the SB. You think the Peyton Manning TV commercial onslaught is bad now???????

TV's would be renamed PV's (PeytonVision) and the internet would be renamed the Manningnet.

The Patriots must protect civilization as we know it.

I completly agree with after winning the Chargers game it sealed this as a GREAT season no matter what. I dont know why I feel that way, normally its, super bowl or nothing these past couple years. But I have come to, especially after last years dissapointing exit, try to appreciate getting this far and what the Pats have done this year.
But the weirdest thing is, and it is only tuesday and I am still coming off the win, but if the colts ended up beating us, I wouldnt be as angry this year as I would have in years past. I dont know what it is, and I hope my posistion changes closer to game day. but its just after all the times we have gone up against them, it finally isnt the Mighty Colts, its just another team trying to get it done, which is what the Pats run has always been about, and I can respect that more.

Does that make Nelly's Heart of a Champion this year's theme song?

That'd be great except for the "Peyton Manning-type aim" part of the song. Or "back up at the Super Bowl with Julius Peppers."

You are so right. I was talking with my brother at the time and we were both so astonished at the Troy Brown play, but all I could think was "there's still too many ifs". Incredibly, all of them happened. That was not all luck.

Is Harrrison Brady ready to suit up this weekend?:singing:

Yes and seriously if we somehow win the Superbowl this will easily be my favorite Patriots team ever. Who could not love losing Adam Vinatieri, Branch, Givens & McGinnest and then having a dominating season. A dominating season in which two recievers are starting to salvage what could be a mediocore career. Artrell Hawkins and James Sanders start the majority of the games filling in for Rodney Harrison and Eugene Wilson. More secondary troubles but this year we found out how to move on with it and those two have played very well.

Man do you think any of our other Superbowl teams could have made such a comeback against "the best team in the NFL"? Maybe the 2004 Pats because the offense was so good but the 03 and 01 teams couldnt have done that, I dont care what anyone says. A few people picked the Pats but most went with the Chargers and LT. Just think about it, HOW could the Patriots counter the Chargers? All the idiots in the media saying 8 pro bowlers vs 1 pro bowler. The Patriots do not have the talent, therefore they cannot beat a team that has extrordinary talent. The Chargers shook us off as a mediocore team that they would crush. They refused to give tickets to fans outside of California. And I must admit it, I could have been close to tears seeing this team lose like they might have yesterday. All the way until the Gaffney scoring drive I felt sick, we couldnt get points on the board and couldnt stop Tomlinson. Then in the fourth quarter, they intercept Bradys pass and the idiot FUMBLES and gives us a first down. Some call that pure luck but they are in denial, Brown made a great strip. Then we score a TD, an awesome 2 Point conversion by Faulk and then Gostkowskis game winner. And finally the pro bowl kicker Nate Kaeding is short and wide on his very long attempt.

Apart from the Oakland Raiders come back I'd rank this come back #2 during our dynasty. I cant remember feeling happier about the Patriots for the last two years.

I LOVE THE 2006 PATS!

Is Harrrison Brady ready to suit up this weekend?:singing:

If he could stop fussing for five freakin' seconds and driving me crazy, then maybe.

Perhaps it was an omen that he slept soundly through the Chargers game. I'm going to take it as a good sign if he snoozes through the Colts game too.

If he could stop fussing for five freakin' seconds and driving me crazy, then maybe.

Perhaps it was an omen that he slept soundly through the Chargers game. I'm going to take it as a good sign if he snoozes through the Colts game too.

Sounds like a winner. :rocker:

Knows when to go after what he wants and when to be respectful of the important things.
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing