PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
In years past NE has always had 3-4 picks for the next year, giving me (and a few others) a reason to root in other games to improve our draft position.

This year not one. :mad:

All the more reason to dvr the game and pay close attention to where all that draft ammo was spent.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Kobe-U-Mad.jpg

I'm with you. Watching football is fun, but it's WAY more fun when you have a really good reason to root for one team over another. Rivalries are limited, and I don't gamble, so I'm left with fantasy football and extra draft picks to give me more rooting interests.

In years past NE has always had 3-4 picks for the next year, giving me (and a few others) a reason to root in other games to improve our draft position.

This year not one. :mad:

I'll miss that aspect and you always did a good job of breaking that down in your weekly schedule threads.

But let's just root for us picking 32nd next year and nothing else. That's all that matters to me.

so I'm left with fantasy football

I won't do FF anymore. A few years ago I had several hundred dollars riding on the second to last game of the season and the FF SB and the other person had Brady and I had the QB of the team that NE was playing against. Made the game horrible to watch as my fan interest and my wallet's interest was in conflict. I won't do that again.

I won't do FF anymore. A few years ago I had several hundred dollars riding on the second to last game of the season and the FF SB and the other person had Brady and I had the QB of the team that NE was playing against. Made the game horrible to watch as my fan interest and my wallet's interest was in conflict. I won't do that again.

Precisely why I keep money out of it and just play for fun. Of course I want my team to win, but when it comes down to it, I'll never root against any Patriot. Since I have nothing but bragging rights with a couple friends on the line, I never have to.

Deleted post

Last edited:
I'm with you. Watching football is fun, but it's WAY more fun when you have a really good reason to root for one team over another. Rivalries are limited, and I don't gamble, so I'm left with fantasy football and extra draft picks to give me more rooting interests.

I call that gambling :)

That is why I make sure Brady is always my #1 pick. I have gotten him at #8 and #9 in my two teams.

This only shows how truly spoiled we all have become. There will come a time, probably not in the near future, but there WILL come a time, when we will have to rejoin the rest of league in the realm of the mere mortals.

I hope when THAT day comes, Pats fans will be able to deal with it, with the same kind of dignity we strive for now, when we are on top.

Luckily for me I'll probably be long dead before that day comes. But I hope you guys can deal with it. ;)

While I know that draft positions had been a big part of these weekly posts in recent years, if I recall correctly when it first began that had almost nothing to do with it. Personally I still find plenty of reasons to to root for (okay, against) other teams in other games.

Last edited:
While I know that draft positions had been a big part of these weekly posts in recent years, if I recall correctly when it first began that had almost nothing to do with it. personally I still find plenty of reasons to to root for (okay, against) other teams in other games.

Seconded
I loved rooting for picks but the weekly thread "Whom should we root for?" is a treasure anyway

I never root for draft picks even when it is another team I am rooting to lose. I root for the Pats to have the #1 seed and root against any team that may be standing in the way of that. That gives me plenty to root for or against in non-Patriots games.

I never root for draft picks even when it is another team I am rooting to lose. I root for the Pats to have the #1 seed and root against any team that may be standing in the way of that. That gives me plenty to root for or against in non-Patriots games.

Gotter amit that picks gave us reason to root in meaningless NFC games though

I'll miss the 'who to root for' threads. Guess we'll just have to come up with other criteria :)

We could still root against a team if they're willing to give up a 1st for Welk-:bricks::bricks::bricks:

:D

Here's mine:

1. Bills at Jets - can we just root for the meteor? Do you root against the team you dislike the most (Jets), or the team that appears as though they will be more of a threat (Bills)? Me, I'm going with the Jets to lose.

2. Dolphins at Texans - I know one of the cardinal rules is to win your division first and then worry about the rest of the conference - which would mean rooting for Miami to lose. But c'mon, does anybody really consider them to be a threat to finish with the same or better record than the Pats? Houston was the best team in the AFC before they succumbed to injuries last year and home field in January could be meaningful against a team that plays and practices in southern Texas; root for the Texans to lose.

3. Bengals at Ravens - until proven otherwise I consider Baltimore to be more of a threat than Cincy. Besides, their fans and players are collectively eminently more easily to dislike than the Bengals are. Hopefully BJGE can knock Bernard Pollard on his butt as he plows over him for the game winning touchdown. Root for the Bengals over the Ravens.

4. Eagles at Chiefs - Pats II South vs Pats II West. With apologies to Matt Cassel and Romeo Crennel, I have to go with wanting another possible AFC playoff team to lose. Root for the Falcons over the Chiefs.

5. Chargers at Raiders - I see San Diego as being slightly more of a playoff threat than Oakland. Besides, with raider fans still whining about the tuck rule they get the nod here as far as who to root against; root for Oakland to lose.

6. Cowboys at Giants - yeah, I know this game has already been played - but you have to root against any team from new York, and anything that will get the media to talking about how great the winner of the two games that shall not be mentioned is. Root for the Giants to lose.

7. Steelers at Broncos - Steelers are probably more of a threat in the AFC, and their fans collectively are right up there as ones that are constantly whining about the Pats and filming. Root for the Black and Gold to lose.

8. Seahawks at Cardinals - Do you want to root for a former Patriots coach to do well, or to fail? I would rather that they do not have a good record when the Pats travel out there; maybe it can help keep their interest in that game low. Root for Seattle to lose.

9. Rams at Lions - I just find it difficult to root for Detroit. Even though I have Matt Stafford on my FF team, root for the Lions to lose.

10. Colts at Bears - This is a bit of a stretch, but is anyone else sick of the 'Manning is better than Brady; proof is how bad the Colts did without him' talk? What do they say if the Colts manage to have a better record than the Broncos this year?

11. Panthers at Bucs - I'll root for the new head coach that is a friend of Bill Belichick's to get off to a positive start.

12. Eagles at Browns - Have you ever met an Eagles fan? If you have you will most likely be rooting for Cleveland.

13. Redskins at Saints - New Orleans fans are for the most part pretty cool; Washington fans not so much.

14. 49ers at Packers - Pats play SF this year. Maybe Green Bay can expose some weaknesses.

15. Jaguars at Vikings - How about I root for Minny to do a lot better now that Brad Childress is gone?

By the title,I thought you were talking about this lady...

200px-Monica_lewinsky.jpg
:cool:

i don't see how you can be a real football fan and do FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes