PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Steeler Fan Is Pulling For Your Perfection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably not. All season long, fans like yourself have come here talking sh!t then when we accurately predict we will win they say "I guess we don't even need to play the game then?" As a matter of fact, no, you don't need to play the game.

Where did I talk smack? Maybe I was a little rude to the Steeler fan, but for the most part they have been insufferable on our boards. I have nothing but respect for what the pats have done this season, and I'm hoping for a good, injury free game. However, your team isn't invincible (although this year it seems so), and making blanket statements like, "you don't need to play the game," is pretty silly.

Lot's of class down there in the Land of Cotton. Try being gracious, especially as you may have beaten the Steelers but you never owned them.

The land of cotton? We typically grow Oranges in Florida, among other things.

The land of cotton? We typically grow Oranges in Florida, among other things.

The South. Dixieland. No sense of historical perspective or understanding?

Thanks for the kind words.

On a similar note I was looking around the Bucs message board last night and a lot of them said they want to see the Pats go 19-0 as well. I guess we aren't as hated as the media would lead people to believe.

Your steelers was good. I watched your game. You fought hard and yours should have won if your Ben did not fk up the game.

our pats will finish what yours did NOT.

thank you for kindness and support.

Thanks for the kind words.

On a similar note I was looking around the Bucs message board last night and a lot of them said they want to see the Pats go 19-0 as well. I guess we aren't as hated as the media would lead people to believe.

I think the only teams that hate us are the usual suspects who hated us already. Do you really think the Texans and Cardinals give a crap?

Of course someone will now pull up their message board and prove me wrong and I'll look like an idiot--thanks in advance.

In the same fashion that 'Yankee' means:

1) Any American, if you're a foreigner;
2) Anybody north of the Mason-Dixie line, if you're a southerner;
3) Anybody from New England, if you're north of the line

the "land of cotton" magically shrinks from all the South to the areas that actually grow cotton once you head south. I suppose cotton would grow in north Florida, though I don't know of any.

Also, I'm one of those Bucs fans rooting for you to run the table.

I guess you are the type of guy to ask another team to do the work your team couldn't? We own the Steelers.

Yea - despite pittsburgh's turnovers and atrocious first half, they had 24 first downs to your 14 and 340 net yards to your 239. Additionally, they were missing their starting free safety, best defensive end (one of the best in the league), starting and second team left tackles, starting fullback, league leading running back, and kick returner. Moreover, polamalu and ward were playing injured (Ward is to have offseason knee surgery).

In the same fashion that 'Yankee' means:

1) Any American, if you're a foreigner;
2) Anybody north of the Mason-Dixie line, if you're a southerner;
3) Anybody from New England, if you're north of the line

the "land of cotton" magically shrinks from all the South to the areas that actually grow cotton once you head south. I suppose cotton would grow in north Florida, though I don't know of any.

Also, I'm one of those Bucs fans rooting for you to run the table.

Guilty on all counts (originally in any event).

OT: Cotton is grown in Arizona as well. There's fields of it just across Loop 101 from The University of Phoenix Stadium. Check it out in February.

I guess you are the type of guy to ask another team to do the work your team couldn't? We own the Steelers.

Quite unnecessary... why are you pulling a guy down when he's just being gracious ?

The Steelers suffered some really bad play calls and they could have won, if Ben hadn't scrambled on 3rd and long in a crucial play in the second half..

Read BB's comments on your team.. I think you have a good team but to say you own the Steelers is a little stupid... Didn't you think there was some luck involved in DG's run.. I give him credit for spotting the hole and scrambling fast but the Steelers were caught off guard on that play..

Last edited:
thanks for the kind words. I didn't realize how much Willie Parker meant to your offense. Tough game against the Jags.

Again, I apreciate the post.

I didn't think ANY Steeler fan would ever root for the Pats.
Thanks and a classy post

With my Steelers blowing the game against Jacksonville, I am pulling for you to knock out those jagoff pretenders. But besides that, I am pulling for your Patriots to do the unimaginable... Your team has the opportunity to give you fans a source of pride that will literally last you the rest of your lives. I was a young man in my 20's during the great 70's Steeler teams and here 30 years later those accomplishments still burn very bright. Years from now you will understand how important this 00s Patriot teams is to the community, a sense of pride knowing you are part of one of the best NFL teams in history. If your Patriots get their 4th ring and complete the 19-0 impossible season, this Pittsburgh boy will be the first to admit, that the New England Patriots of the 00 decade, IS the greatest team ever in the NFL. I wish you the best of luck, and I THANK YOU for the excitement you have brought to the NFL this year.

Great post! I love a true football fan, one who can appreciate all teams, all players. I have always been in awe of the 70 Steelers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back