PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Should be the Pats' First Play Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
At the beginning of this Patriots’ run back in 2001, the Pats thumped the Colts early in the season, aided by a big helping of Antowain Smith. Don’t remember the totals, but he had a real good game.

Just a couple weeks later, the Pats played the Colts again. This time, they were not going to let Smith run on them! The entire Colts’ defense focused like laser on Smith and attacked when he got the handoff…

At which point he promptly gave it to David Patten on a reverse, who ran for a touchdown. Patten also threw for a touchdown, and caught one, too, on the next two series, I think. Crazy game.

Point being, you have to assume everyone on the planet will be keying on Blount on the Pats’ first play. Run a reverse to Edelman, a flea flicker, some other misdirection. Sure feels like a good chance for a huge play to start the game.

I'd love to see a flea flicker :D it's probably my favourite play and you know the Chargers ( ;) ) will be closing in hard to stop Blount so Minitron & Amendola will get open behind the secondary.

Weiss used trickery because we did not have enough athletes to make big plays on their own. The situation now is similar, as the long pass to Amendola showed. We need to be creative in creating big plays.

Triple reverse flea flicker skinny post.

Or a play designed to 'Bern' the 'Sam' linebacker.

Bring Tatupu back for a goal line rune

An intriguing point that they ran no reverses against the Colts. Plenty of options left, even with this depleted offensive corps.

I've read article after article stating that the Patriots are now "a power running team," as evidence by two straight run-dominated games. None of those articles have made much about the fact that both of those games were played in rainstorms.

It's certainly true that the Pats have an excellent stable of RBs, an excellent run-blocking line, and a beat-up receiving corps. Then again, they also have a HOF quarterback. So until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume that Belichick's Pats are exactly what they've always been: an individual game-planning team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back