PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This should be a MVP yr for Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I think last yr ,people realised what a great QB he is, this yr will take it up another notch.. He will spread the ball around and the ground game ,will be the best he has ever had... I look for big things from Mr Brady...

Sean Pa Patriot said:
I think last yr ,people realised what a great QB he is, this yr will take it up another notch.. He will spread the ball around and the ground game ,will be the best he has ever had... I look for big things from Mr Brady...

I'm thinking 4000yrds 32-35tds/12-14 Int's..
65% completion rate ...any takers?...not to mention..another pro bowl season to add to his resume once he makes that speech at canton in 15 years.

Brady should have an excellent year. Peyton's 6th year is when his stats really shot off the chart. I expect Brady to do the same, especially if we can have the same running game we had back in 04.

If Brady tops last year, we don't win the SB. If he's around 3500-3600 yards, it'll be 4 SB wins in 6 years. If Brady has to pass more this year, that means that our running game isn't doing that hot. I rather Brady get's the SB MVP than the regular season MVP. Leave that regular season MVP stuff for Peyton.

I doubt he will. The winner is always the one with crazy stats. I don't want to sound like a broken record but this system is not set up for one player to put up huge numbers, and that's why it works.

The award should not be called the Most Valueable Player, it should be called Player With the Biggest Stats, or PWBS.

Last edited:
Peyton Manning, first 5 years starting(1998-2002):

1749-for-2817 (62.1%)
20,618 Yds (7.32 Yds/Att)
138 TD/100 Int
85.9 QB Rating

Brady, first 5 years starting(2001-2005):

1576-for-2545 (61.9%)
18,029 Yds (7.08 Yds/Att)
123 TD/66 Int
88.5 QB Rating

Statistically they are pretty close. Peyton threw more for more yards, but Brady was more efficient. We could throw in playoff stats as well, which would probably help Brady (but hey, why rub it in).

Of course, in the last 3 years since then Mannings numbers went through the roof. It is difficult to imagine Brady having a similar spike in numbers, because he doesn't have the same WR group to throw to and is unlikely to get the chance to throw as much.

Nonetheless, Brady's pure stats at a simlar point in his career are just as impressive. Couple that with his far superior postseason record and it is quite a package.

Yessir ...

This will certainly be the 3rd Superbowl MVP year for Mr. Brady. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back