Welcome to PatsFans.com

This Righty salutes Bill Maher for his view on Muslims !

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Nov 2, 2010.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 13 / -7

Bill Maher to Muslims: Go away - Islam - Salon.com

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +485 / 2 / -9

This thing that liberals have going with The Muslims & Their Religion is very confusing, why do liberals think that the rest of us should be silent and look the other way at the savagery and brutality of this Religion in this day and age, these people and their "punishments" are disgusting and barbaric, they are the last remnants left over on earth from The Cave Man Days, murdering animals.

I'm no fan of Maher but he's dead right about this one.

American liberals go insane when a Methodist won't let their daughter go to the movies on a Sunday but the phony scum are dead silent at this kind sh!t committed in the name of their God (savages)
    [UPDATED] SHARI’A JUSTICE in the Muslim world (WARNING: Graphic Images) Bare Naked Islam's Weblog
  3. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Maher is consistent about religion - he hates it all. I am by no means a Maher fan in any way, but at least he's consistent with this.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Pretty interesting, especially considering a few years ago he was urging Christians to convert to Islam saying that Islam would finally give conservative Christians everything they "love."

It’s not like we’re that committed to Christianity. In fact, the other day I heard a nun say, “Sure, I love Jesus, but I’m not married to him.” Now, I know my plan will meet some resistance, but it shouldn’t come from the right, because converting to Islam will just give conservative Christians everything they love: “Pray five times a day? Where do I sign up? You mean we can stone homosexuals instead of just *****ing about them on talk-radio? Thank you Jesus…I mean, Allah.”

Read more: Bill Maher Attacks Christians, Advocates Conversion to Islam | NewsBusters.org

Do you also salute him for declaring Christianity “detrimental” and “the ultimate hustle?”

Or is he only salutable when you agree with him?

http://www.cultureandmedia.com/articles/2008/20080820185614.aspx
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

And THANK GOD there aren't any rules that say people should stay CONSITENT in their views!

The fact is, people change their views all the time and that is A GOOD THING. So next time someone tries to say, "Ya but you said "X" just last month".
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +473 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Really? So how would you feel about a politician who ran on, oh, say, a Tea Party platform who said he/she would never raise taxes or vote for a national health care bill and then, after being elected, said, "Ya know, I've been thinking - and I changed my mind. I'm all about more taxes and more welfare and National Health Care?" Would you be saluting their inconsistancy or would you be feeling duped?

Or you marry a woman who says she believes in monogamy and then, opps, changes her mind? Would you tell her what a good thing it was that she inconsistant?
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

We're not discussing the views of a politician here, are we?

So, do you believe a person's views should remain static throughout their lives?
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +473 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

We're talking about human beings, aren't we? Why should they be any different?

I believe that core beliefs remain basically the same, yes. I think circumstances and/or education can change some views, but not the core of a person. I believe that if a person's view does change drastically due to some circumstance - (say, for instance, you were a big 2nd amendment supporter - and then your son was killed by a gun and you've changed your mind) that you should, due to your beginning beliefs and your previous feelings, maintain some understanding of those who still support the 2nd amendment. I think you should also TELL people that you've changed your stance and your reasons for doing so.

I believe that if someone does change their mind about something important they should, at the very least, at least ADMIT that they previously held an opposing view and either apologize for it, especially if they now believe it was wrong. I also believe that if they do an about-face they should be prepared for people to distrust them for a good long time.

I believe if someone's only consistant trait is their inconsistancy that they are most assuredly not trustworthy.

Why would you put any stock in someone's stance on anything if they've previously changed their mind about everything?

Would you truly not be the least bit suspicious about them in your future dealings with them?

And one more small point - being inconsistant and changing your mind are two different things. Changing your mind can result from things like education, new information, life-altering experiences. Being inconsistant comes mainly from mood swings, alcohol, drugs, stupidity, sloppiness and a faulty memory.

Not traits I, personally, look for in a person or a source of information.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 4 / -2

Politicians are elected because of the specific views they hold.
  10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

Then you're telling everyone here that you don't have a clue when it comes to reality MrsP. People change their views and opinions throughout their lives. When people are young, they tend to be more altruistic in their beliefs. As they grow, learn & mature, these views are most often tempered...in other words, they change.

No one owes anyone an apology for changing their views. You hold people to way too high a standard. There aren't any rules for how an idividual's views should or shouldn't be. No social rules and no written rules...we are all free to follow our own rules.

And whether you, me or anyone else change our views, it's no one's business. That is why it's fine for any AMerican to change from dem to rep or from rep to dem. It's called free choice.

Now, let me get to the polls so I can change my views from last time!;)

Bill Maher, I SALUTE YOU!! :rocker:
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +485 / 2 / -9

It takes a lot of courage for a liberal like him to come out and speak the truth on what he thinks about this "Blood Letting Savage Reilgion" at least we know he's no Phony that Trashes Christianity and then go dead silent at the Brutality and Savagegry of the f-cking Muslim World.

Any religion in this day and age that condones Beheadings, Amputation, Stoning, Slavery Of Women and the Removal Of Eye Balls should be outlawed and destroyed by The United Nations, anybody caught practicing this religion should be imprisoned.

Shame on you crazy liberal fools for slobbering all over these people as though they were some type of "Angels From Heaven" f-ck them, their religion is right out of Stone Age World Of Horror.

I have a lot more respect for Bill Maher today than I did yesterday.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +485 / 2 / -9

Surely your overly intelligent brain must realize that in this statement Maher was also insulting The Muslims by comparing them to "Conservative Christians" if the Christian Conservative falls in love with them they certainly must be "horrorble bastards" just like the Christian Neo Con.
    Maher was being consistant, I commend him even though I can't stand looking at him (he dated ann coulter).
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -2

From what I've seen of his show, Maher's not a liberal, he's more of a libertarian.
  14. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

First: he's a comedian.
    Second: it's a JOKE!