PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This postseason shaping up to be one of the most forgettable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: This post season shapping up to be one of the most forgettable...

Who said that? I thoroughly enjoyed watching them play the Pats a few weeks ago.

hehhehe.. Good one :)

Seeing philly go into the house of the defending champ Giants, and ending their season in the divisional round was pretty sweet.

Some horrible match-ups, and boring games. Arizona and Phily for the NFC championship? Boring...

Ravens and Steelers, I guess it's ok...

I think, for the story line NFL, their best Super Bowl matchup would be the PA bowl...

A ravens , Cardinals super bowl, could be the worst rated super bowl ever...

Overall, this post season seems void of anything remotely interesting from a non-team in the playoffs fan.

I agree-I haven't been impressed with any of the teams, really, especially the NFC ones.

For the most part, this playoffs has been full of undisciplined, albeit very sloppy football.

With that being said-I'll be rooting hard for Zona this weekend. And if they win, I'll be so happy that I'll root for them against whoever they play in the Super Bowl.

BTW-Vegas made a KILLING over the weekend.

Last edited:

Some horrible match-ups, and boring games. Arizona and Phily for the NFC championship? Boring...

Ravens and Steelers, I guess it's ok...

I think, for the story line NFL, their best Super Bowl matchup would be the PA bowl...

A ravens , Cardinals super bowl, could be the worst rated super bowl ever...

Overall, this post season seems void of anything remotely interesting from a non-team in the playoffs fan.
As if I wasn't bummed enough - but you're right

As if I wasn't bummed enough - but you're right

Another things-there's been worse matchups...

1987 "Winning ugly" Redskins vs. Broncos...I was in high school then, and even my classmates were laughing how they didn't even bother to watch this game.

1994 Chargers vs. Niners - EVERYONE knew the Niners were a virtually lock to win this game, especially after all the loaded upgrades they made before the season started(one of them being Deion) that paid dividends almost immediately. The Chargers, OTOH, beating the Steelers in Pitt was THEIR Super Bowl, and you could tell even they knew it coming into this game.

2000 Ravens vs. Giants - the 2 most boring and unimaginative offenses in the league that year. Most pundits predicted the score would be 3-2. Apparently, the rest of the public thought so too as it was one of the lowest rated Super Bowls ever.

2002 Raiders vs. Bucs - 2 very small market teams noone cared about.

Re: This post season Schaaping up to be one of the most forgettable...

schaap.jpg

Last edited:

The most compelling story about these playoffs got knocked out in the 1st round...Indy. As much as I despise the Colts, they were the only interesting team in the fold to watch. Literally. These other teams play unbalanced, uneven or uninteresting football. For all the hate and anger they inspire, the Colts always make for good viewing. A Colts/Steelers or Colts/Ravens matchup would be interesting. These other teams are just painful. (Yeah, people will call the Dolphins an interesting team, but they were a godawful team to watch.)

To me, the only compelling thing about this postseason is the rise of the Eagles. I don't care much for them, but as a football fan I would like the see the Eagles win a Super Bowl sometime. It would be a nice story, especially with the Phillies winning the WS. Philly gets its own brief Boston moment to counter decades of misery. Good karma sets the tone for the Patriots to reclaim their throne in 2009.

Underdogs winning now equates to being forgettable?

Would a Colts/Steelers, Giants/Panthers conference championship weekend somehow be more memorable?

Nothing forgettable about...

#1 seed defending Super Bowl champions Giants losing to the 9-6-1 Eagles at home.
9-7 Cardinals blowing out the 12-4 Carolina Panthers in Carolina.
12-4 Colts with NFL MVP Peyton Manning losing to the 8-8 Norv Turner coached Chargers.
#1 seed 13-3 Titans choking at home to the Ravens with Flacco, who is now the most successful rookie QB in playoff history.

Last edited:

Would a Colts/Steelers, Giants/Panthers conference championship weekend somehow be more memorable?

#1 seed defending Super Bowl champions Giants losing to the 9-6-1 Eagles at home.
12-4 Colts with NFL MVP Peyton Manning losing to the 8-8 Norv Turner coached Chargers.
#1 seed 13-3 Titans choking at home to the Ravens with Flacco, who is now the most successful rookie QB in playoff history.

As much as I love upsets, it was still painful to see these bye teams ******** the bed last weekend. I mean what did their respective coaching staffs and players do doing the bye? Did they go to Cabo during the entire week? The Titans, Panthers, and Giants just looked incredibly sloppy and unprepared.

Once upon a time ago, the bye teams would spend hours looking at game tape, brush up on the basic fundamentals like QB&receiver timings/tackling/redzone stuff/etc, etc, etc. Now? It seems like the coaching staffs will just use it as vacation time.

I'm with this guy.

I think it will end up with the Eagles playing the Ravens in what will be one of the most boring Super Bowls in history. Then we will have Bruce Boresting to put us all to sleep at 1/2 time.

Final score prediction: Eagles 6, Ravens 5. :sleeping:

Well said. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye