PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This place never seems to chage much, still averages about 3 people visiting

Fogbuster

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Maybe that's why some want to get all talk that even mentions God out of the politics forum and over here. Good ol' ghettoization. Hey, worked for the Jews and the Blacks!! Why not use it on the "religious nuts".

Not.

//

Maybe that's why some want to get all talk that even mentions God out of the politics forum and over here. Good ol' ghettoization. Hey, worked for the Jews and the Blacks!! Why not use it on the "religious nuts".

Not.

//

hahah I'm all for arguing why god is a delusion until I'm blue in the face but the argument seems to be even less productive in here than it is in the political forum (if you can believe that).

I came for a visit Foggy ... "4".

Not.

//

Yeah, what a ridiculous idea Fog, actually talking about your faith here in the Religious Forum, when obviously the place for it is in the Political Forum :rolleyes:

You were one of the people I was hoping would contribute to making this Forum interesting, instead you just rank on it. I have no idea why.

Not.

//

Instead of demeaning this forum, why don't you make it more viable.. you like these types of challenges.. what would Moon do.. wwmd..better to pontificate your pious platitudes here than on the Political Forum..

Fogbuster, the other posters are right. You are more than welcome to post your religious views here.

Yeah, what a ridiculous idea Fog, actually talking about your faith here in the Religious Forum, when obviously the place for it is in the Political Forum :rolleyes:

You were one of the people I was hoping would contribute to making this Forum interesting, instead you just rank on it. I have no idea why.

You were not here a year ago, I guess. When I used to come here then (regularly) for a looksee, the only things here were spammed threads pushing pills and all kinds of stuff. And, there were only one or two who were ever visiting here regularly. Maybe that's changing. I'll come back and see again. Thanks for thinking about my potential contribution. That's a motivation to come back.

As for the other forum (political), I actually have a keen interest in political affairs as well as religious. I happen to believe that the two are always over-lapping each other, and always have. America owes her birth to those religious faithful who wanted to create a new kind of nation. Personally, I think the original Americans from Europe had a beautiful dream they were trying to live out. Of course, imperfect fallen men and women cannot be expected to succeed in making a truly Godly nation; they need help. I'd like to discuss exactly WHAT kind of help is needed, as well as what people in their present state must do in response to that help being offered.

For example: I believe God has an ideal for how people should live. It's not some Hollywood fantasy, or some old fairy tale, but it does have snippets of truth contained in these human efforts. I believe that in the fullness of God's time-table (or "providence" of God), we all have a part and a place. All people are caught up in God's providence, whether we know it or not. This is what I would like most of all to talk about: God's will and providence for humankind. I believe it is summarized in a text entitled the "Divine Principle". The latest English edition is called: "Exposition of the Principle". Some links:

http://www.unification.net/teachings.html

http://www.dpstudy.org/all/

http://www.tparents.org/Library/Unification/Books/DP-L4/Toc.htm

Among some commentaries on the Principle and its application are:

http://www.uts.edu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=511&Itemid=202

http://www.reverendsunmyungmoon.org/teach_faq_judaism.html

Of course there is much, much more. Yet for me these would be the best starting points for discussion right now.

//

Fogbuster, the other posters are right. You are more than welcome to post your religious views here.

Thanks, Gomezcat. Let's give it another try!!

F'buster

//

You were not here a year ago, I guess. When I used to come here then (regularly) for a looksee, the only things here were spammed threads pushing pills and all kinds of stuff. And, there were only one or two who were ever visiting here regularly. Maybe that's changing. I'll come back and see again. Thanks for thinking about my potential contribution. That's a motivation to come back.

As for the other forum (political), I actually have a keen interest in political affairs as well as religious. I happen to believe that the two are always over-lapping each other, and always have. America owes her birth to those religious faithful who wanted to create a new kind of nation. Personally, I think the original Americans from Europe had a beautiful dream they were trying to live out. Of course, imperfect fallen men and women cannot be expected to succeed in making a truly Godly nation; they need help. I'd like to discuss exactly WHAT kind of help is needed, as well as what people in their present state must do in response to that help being offered.

For example: I believe God has an ideal for how people should live. It's not some Hollywood fantasy, or some old fairy tale, but it does have snippets of truth contained in these human efforts. I believe that in the fullness of God's time-table (or "providence" of God), we all have a part and a place. All people are caught up in God's providence, whether we know it or not. This is what I would like most of all to talk about: God's will and providence for humankind. I believe it is summarized in a text entitled the "Divine Principle". The latest English edition is called: "Exposition of the Principle". Some links:

http://www.unification.net/teachings.html

http://www.dpstudy.org/all/

http://www.tparents.org/Library/Unification/Books/DP-L4/Toc.htm

Among some commentaries on the Principle and its application are:

http://www.uts.edu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=511&Itemid=202

http://www.reverendsunmyungmoon.org/teach_faq_judaism.html

Of course there is much, much more. Yet for me these would be the best starting points for discussion right now.

//

For once you are appropriate... good job.. you can change..

For once you are appropriate... good job.. you can change..

I have not changed. I'm still as ready to discuss the issues at hand as I was a year or more ago, and as I will be a year or more in the future. Maybe it's YOU who has changed, for the better, one must hope.

:D

//

I've stumbled into St. Patricks and so has political pastor fogbuster (Coincidence?)

Religion is just a bunch of BS traditions...

I do believe in God... but NOT religion.

Religion sucks ass.

Religion is just a bunch of BS traditions...

I do believe in God... but NOT religion.

Religion sucks ass.

Religions have been imperfect means to connect people to God, whom you believe in, but without some form of spiritual discipline being shared among many people, which is what "religion" is, we are left with each person living under whatever they believe is "good" or "correct". Obviously the world around us demonstrates that people who live that way are capable of horrendous crimes, incredible inhumanity toward one another. For one example out of many, I'm sure some communists believed in God, but "religion" was effectively banished from all societies dominated under the Marxist communist ideology. The result was some 150 million people who were killed by communism from 1917 through 1990, a very short span of only some 70 years. In particular, it was religious believers who were targeted by communist regimes.

The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan proved that it was impossible to eradicate faith among people, as people of faith are willing to fight until death for their deeply held beliefs. So, the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan proved that communism cannot defeat religion because communism relies on physical power alone while religion relies on spiritual power.

Now, the fact that America is ironically in the same Afghanistan is a different matter in that now it is a case of one religious view versus another religious view, BOTH of which are imperfect. Thus, the issue is not that "all religions are bad" but rather it is that we are still seeking the final expression of religion, one that can embrace all other religions in love, not hatred or war.

So, despite its imperfections, religion has a place in educating people about the nature of God, the reality of our eternal life, and how to prepare for that eternal life. Now, there certainly are many inaccurate understandings of the rules of the eternal world, but if we abandon all search for these rules without even trying, we doom ourselves to more of what history has seen: madness, slaughter, hatred, jealousy, crimes, and distrust. This is not what life is supposed to be. God's love is much better than that, and God wants much better love for humankind, His children.

//

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back