PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This one's on BB...bad game plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllabouttheVinces

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
For the second week in a row, both against teams that have shown they can't stop the run, the Pats came out with a "balanced" game plan that featured spread formations and far too many passing plays. Today it was 25 runs, 37 passes. And that doesn't even count the sacks. My game plan would have been, Dillon, Dillon, Dillon, Maroney, Maroney, maybe a pass, then more Dillon. Corey Dillon had 11 carries! Are you kidding me???

Sorry, I don't agree that Josh McDaniels should take the blame. This one's on BB. He sets the game plan, Josh calls the plays. If he said on Thursday that we would run it down the Jets throats, that's what Josh would call. Bad game plan against the Colts, bad game plan against the Jets. For some inexplicable reason, BB won't feature a run-first game plan.

After the game, all Bob Lobel talked about was how Brady was off his game. That wasn't the problem!!! Brady completed 68% of his passes on a sloppy field. Why didn't Corey Dillon have 25 carries? How many first down passes were called?

The Jets suck in stopping the run, just like the Colts. It's too bad we never saw the Pats run roughshod over them both. BB blew it and never game them the chance.

game plans may be flawed but they are easiest to 2nd guess...how bout missed tackles,false starts at home, brady throwing behind maroney for a 3 yard pass to a jet defender, gabriel running like on the beach.,not to mention jet defenders running free at brady....We all 2nd guess the gameplans, but players have to play better first.
Trust me, if brady had a bad game in minnesota and lost people would have said "We have 2 great backs , why didnt we run more even if minn run defense is good?"

They have to play smart and better thats all..

SVN said:
brady throwing behind maroney for a 3 yard pass to a jet defender, gabriel running like on the beach.,not to mention jet defenders running free at brady....

Yeah, I agree, and all that stuff happened on the pass plays. We needed more Dillon, but he was never in Belichick's plan. That's obvious, because Dillon had success early, then was left on the sideline.

AllabouttheVinces said:
Yeah, I agree, and all that stuff happened on the pass plays. We needed more Dillon, but he was never in Belichick's plan. That's obvious, because Dillon had success early, then was left on the sideline.
agree but brady is still the best off player on the team....his play has been A factor in all the loses IMHO

NEM said:
First, my understanding is that BB always allows his coordinators to set the game plans, and do the play calling. He will oversee things,and make on field decisions, but for the most part he rarely interferes with what his coordinators do.

McDaniels has been totally abused by the NFL's defensive coordinators. McDaniels is hapless at making adjustments,
and has been fortunate to have the defensive unit keep himin the games..but overall, he lacks any kind of common snese in play calling, and in adjusting what isnt working, while, at the same time, his opposition on the other side of the field IS making halftime adjustments, and changes in assignments..and McDaniels hasnt got a clue how to offset those changes fast enough... His inexperience is showing..he is a boy in a man's game.

The majority of the team's third down failures are because McDaniels is so easy to read, so easy for opponents to see what is coming, and so easy for them to dupe him into playing THEIR game, and not ours.

And, of course there is the propblem with Brady. He better get the freakin ***** off of his mind because that is EXACTLY whatc his freakin problem is. Too many good ballplayers have been ruined by girlfriends, or new wives.

Get back to football, see the girlfriend in the spring. And believe me, I KNOW this is HIS problem, as it has been with many other athletes. They get destroyed by relationships, and marriage too soon. Finish your career first, put your millions away, and then dowhat yu have to do...but for now, get her the hell out of your mind, period.
wasn't he dating her when he won a superbowl?

against the colts the pats had a great game plan that game could have been ours.

against the jets BB failed, plain and simple

against the colts the pats had a great game plan that game could have been ours.

against the jets BB failed, plain and simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back