PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This one REALLY hurts......

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Of all the f*#$% places that Vinny could have gone....it had to be the #*#@ Dolts?? I know this is a business....and I had gotten myself ready for Adam to leave the team.....(which required many beers and counseling to get myself to THAT point)......but of all teams.......THE @#%! DOLTS?????

Again....I know it is a business.....and Vinny was looking to make the most cake he can make.....and I get that.....but it is like Damon who ridiculed A-fraud for selling his sould to play for the "evil empire".....and "I don't care how bad my career goes....I ain't playing for Steinbrenner........Now Vinny goes to the team that I think most Pats fans HATE the most.......wow......

All I can say is....Adam....was the GB offer or the Pats offer that much lower??......ouch......what do you all think?

Im not sure what bothers me more. The fact that he's gone or all the people who say he was just a kicker and "really wasn't that good when you got down to it".

Im torn. But I would be careful. You might be labeled a Chicken Little by a Kool Aid drinker for daring to like and enjoy watching an individual player.

Last edited:
Whatever NEM, without those kicks you and others so casually dismiss as not that big of a deal there are 2 less SBs. So if you don't value those SBs then I guess it's easy to not value AV's contributions to those teams.

By the way if you're serious about sending that letter I'd run a spell check. It's loaded with errors.

Last edited:
Wow....I'm just about speechless. He has played so many heroics there in New England. I'm grateful as any Pat's fan should be. Noone has kicked as clutch as him ever. I'm just shocked that he went to the Colt's. Of all the places,The crybaby Colt's. The same team that cried foul and helped change the physical nature of the way football was played and called from a ref standpoint? Thus allowing Peyton the whiner Manning to break Marino's td record.

He was the highest paid here. Our offer was luxurious and with endorsements he got in New England,he was and still could of been the highest paid kicker in the NFL regardless what the Colt's gave him. Maybe it wasn't about the money and he just wanted a fresh start-change of scenery.Or maybe to be closer to home?

I don't think he is "just another kicker."

I also don't think he is the vital piece others make him out to be. I've heard "it's Brady, BB, and Adam that are the 3 key guys" so many times in recent weeks it makes me sick. He was important but no more so than a lot of guys.

They don't win in 2001 without a kicker as good as him. They win SB 39 with anyone. As for the Panthers SB, he again hit the game winner. He also was 1 for 3 in that game and was a major goat until the last drive.

Last edited:
Sooner

SoonerPatriot said:
Whatever NEM, without those kicks you and others so casually dismiss as not that big of a deal there are 2 less SBs. So if you don't value those SBs then I guess it's easy to not value AV's contributions to those teams.

By the way if you're serious about sending that letter I'd run a spell check. It's loaded with errors.

You and I are AGREEING way too friggin much right now (or maybe it is just me just agreeing with you ;)........anyways.....it doesn't matter to me that he doesn't have a HUGE kickoff leg....who gives a sh$$ if he can get it to the 10 when we have a kickass special teams group (of which I know we have been lacking the past few years)......BUT THE KEY thing with Vinny WAS the clutch kicks.........WHO KNOWS what other kickers would have done in that situation???? with all that pressure on the line...??? We ALL KNOW what Vanderjacka$$ has shown under pressure....and many will argue how much more accurate a kicker he is than vinny......BUT none of that matters until you've got your nuts in a vise and the chips are on the table!!!.....He is treasonous......but he WAS one of the greatest legendary players in New England history.....and WAS a great kicker for us......NOTE the "WAS" in my statements....because that is all about to change......Vinny will be more remembered for selling his soul for cash and selling out New England.....than he will be "fondly" remembered for his accomplishments as a "patriot"......

great post...

Patriot Missile said:
Wow....I'm just about speechless. He has played so many heroics there in New England. I'm grateful as any Pat's fan should be. Noone has kicked as clutch as him ever. I'm just shocked that he went to the Colt's. Of all the places,The crybaby Colt's. The same team that cried foul and helped change the physical nature of the way football was played and called from a ref standpoint? Thus allowing Peyton the whiner Manning to break Marino's td record.

He was the highest paid here. Our offer was luxurious and with endorsements he got in New England,he was and still could of been the highest paid kicker in the NFL regardless what the Colt's gave him. Maybe it wasn't about the money and he just wanted a fresh start-change of scenery.Or maybe to be closer to home?

great post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye