PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

this offense misses moss.. also Tate is no Moss (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Moss biatching threads are the Pats going to have this season. This offense was inconsistent with Moss here. See the Jets game. See the Dolphins game. Let's stop making the loss of Moss being the reason the reason the Pats' offense has been inconsistent. The only games that the Pats' offense was clicking on all cylinders with Moss was the Bengals and Ravens game. Both those teams have had inconsistent defenses.

The jets game was more of Brady forcing it to moss.. This offense now is double team welker and let brady find the open guy and maybee he will catch it... Brady needs someone to open the middle of the field which is no longer there...

The jets game was more of Brady forcing it to moss.. This offense now is double team welker and let brady find the open guy and maybee he will catch it... Brady needs someone to open the middle of the field which is no longer there...

Ok, the Pats lost the Jets game because the Pats had Moss? So we need to get Moss, but only games where he doesn't have to be a focal point of the offense. In those games, the Pats ned to deactivate Moss.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sorry but Moss stretched the defense i dont want to hear about Brandon Tate... when you cant move the ball against the Cleveland browns.. sorry this team will have trouble the next 4 weeks .. Pitt is a loss, indy is a toss up because its home.. if detrot does not beat its self then we might squeeze one out there but the jets will stop us... then its a fight for a wild card.. embarrsing loss today..

Would you Mossy's give it a rest already. :rolleyes:
What's missing from this offense is Tom Brady. Brady has not played a complete game this year. Now we're seeing a disturbing trend where he's not ready to play when the game starts. O-line has been good this year yet Brady has been wildly inconsistent with this throws. Too many balls at guys feet, on their hips etc. Too many 3 and outs because Brady can't connect with an open receiver. Don't know what Tom's "issues" are with his lack of readiness to play/his bad throwing mechanics but he needs to start answering for it with the media. The kids are making their mistakes but so is Brady. He has not been the same player for 2 years running....

The Offense misses receivers capable of getting open and catching tough balls.....period.

emphasis the catching part. I'm probably going to puke when I see the dropped ball numbers from the game.

Randy Moss is gone and he is not coming back. It's time to look forward and not backwards.

Randy Moss is gone and he is not coming back. It's time to look forward and not backwards.

the hurry up offense worked the best , not the traditional set up offense..

How many Moss biatching threads are the Pats going to have this season. This offense was inconsistent with Moss here. See the Jets game. See the Dolphins game. Let's stop making the loss of Moss being the reason the reason the Pats' offense has been inconsistent. The only games that the Pats' offense was clicking on all cylinders with Moss was the Bengals and Ravens game. Both those teams have had inconsistent defenses.

The offense was FAR more consistent and better with Moss here. The Jets game was definitely bad but the offense with no deep threat has been consistently mediocre for 4 games, not just 1 bad game. Brady went from 70% to < 60%.

However I agree that we don't need a "we miss Moss" thread every week. He's gone, and we aren't getting any other receiver this year so it is what it is. This team is going to win as a team though and today we played a terrible game in all 3 phases.

Might as well close down the message board.

The offense was FAR more consistent and better with Moss here. The Jets game was definitely bad but the offense with no deep threat has been consistently mediocre for 4 games, not just 1 bad game. Brady went from 70% to < 60%.

However I agree that we don't need a "we miss Moss" thread every week. He's gone, and we aren't getting any other receiver this year so it is what it is. This team is going to win as a team though and today we played a terrible game in all 3 phases.

I disagree, but we only have four games each with and without him which is not a great sample size. I think the Pats have played well on offense when facing a less than great defense and crappy when they faced a good one. The Pats have just faced better defenses without him for the most part.

As for the offense being consistently mediocre, they put 23 on Baltimore which is more than the Pats put on with Moss vs. the Jets or Dolphins. They put up 28 vs. the Vikes.

Last edited:
LMAO... I love how you guys are so happy and that our offense is great without Moss. Then we lose a game and all of the sudden we need him back.:bricks:

Who did the Saints beat after the Browns beat them?

Seriously...N.O. is a more complete team that has played together more than pats. N.O. hasn't played up to their potential much this season...

Seriously...N.O. is a more complete team that has played together more than pats. N.O. hasn't played up to their potential much this season...

The Saints without a running game are not a very complete team. Their defense is average at best and Brees has been inconsistent himself this season.

The Saints [and Patriots]without a running game are not a very complete team. Their [our]defense is average at best and [Brady]Brees has been inconsistent himself this season.

Same problems imo.

Sorry but Moss stretched the defense i dont want to hear about Brandon Tate... when you cant move the ball against the Cleveland browns.. sorry this team will have trouble the next 4 weeks .. Pitt is a loss, indy is a toss up because its home.. if detrot does not beat its self then we might squeeze one out there but the jets will stop us... then its a fight for a wild card.. embarrsing loss today..

Overall...I can not disagree with u here....

The offense has taken a step back without Moss, that's pretty obvious. But they still moved the ball and could have done better if not for some mis-throws and drops (can't attribute those to Moss). This game was lost with those fumbles and poor defense.

The offense can still be as good as the pre-'07 ones but to have a snowball's chance in you know where we have to win or tie the TO battles.

Of course they do. I knew this was going to happen when they got rid of him. This dink and dunk stuff just doesnt work anymore.

Well it isn't going to work with the current staff...branch is hurt AGAIN....Tate overrated...welk needs a elite WR to open up things for him..hernandez and gronk overall are works in progress......and woodhead is our most consistent offensive threat right now....thats the way it is right now

Ok, the Pats lost the Jets game because the Pats had Moss? So we need to get Moss, but only games where he doesn't have to be a focal point of the offense. In those games, the Pats ned to deactivate Moss.:rolleyes:

Rob in all fairness....I don't think u can put the brownies and the jests on the same page can u? jets are much tougher team overall. We should NOT have lost to colt mccoy?....and this team...but again pats just are not that good.

The offense can still be as good as the pre-'07 ones but to have a snowball's chance in you know where we have to win or tie the TO battles.
The 2010 version of the New England Patriots need to win the turnover battle to win football games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back