PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This mock has us taking both CB and SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I found this mock online dated today from Hailredskins

24. New England Patriots - CB Darrelle Revis (Pittsburgh)...The Pats have needs on the defensive side of the ball
at Safety and Linebacker but several prospects that carry second to fourth round grades might be a better fit
for the team than the ones on the board at this time...You cna never have enough CB's and the Pats go with
the best on their board here.

25. New York Jets - CB Aaron Ross (Texas)...

26. Philadelphia Eagles - WR Dwayne Bowe (LSU)...

27. New Orleans Saints - CB Marcus McCauley (Fresno St.)...

28. New England Patriots - S Brandon Meriweather (Miami-Florida) - Trade Down?...The Pats could move down and
out of this pick to stockpile choices since they no longer have a second round pick which went to Miami in the Wes Welker trade.

This is definitely one of the better drafts I've seen. Most of them have the Patriots taking a WR (not anymore) or a player BB isn't interested in (small LBs).

This would be just about perfect, as far as I'm concerned.

This makes a lot of sense, especially if the Pats can pick up ILB Harris in the third. RB in the fourth and DeOssie a little later on.

I think Revis is very likely. I cannot see Meriweather. I don't think he's a first rounder on talent, let alone character.

If we resign Asante in the coming weeks, do you think we'd take a first round cornerback? With both Hobbs and Samuel locked up, I think we'd draft some depth there in the fourth round and use the firsts for other positions.

If we resign Asante in the coming weeks, do you think we'd take a first round cornerback? With both Hobbs and Samuel locked up, I think we'd draft some depth there in the fourth round and use the firsts for other positions.

Personally, Unless Carriker is available, I'd still draft Revis to compete with guys like Gay, Scott, Mickens, or whomever for the #3 slot.

This makes a lot of sense, especially if the Pats can pick up ILB Harris in the third. RB in the fourth and DeOssie a little later on.

After running an unexpected 4.55 I doubt Harris slips into the 3rd.
He's a good prospect. He won't blow anybody away but he's fundamentally sound with a good attitude.

Harris did run well, but he's still just a 2 down LB, so it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes