PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This may be the toughest cuts ever made for the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Really, let's be honest. This has been an incredible camp/preseason. It's tough to be negative about anyone, except the hurt players and Deion. Guys like undrafted rookies Patrick Cobbs and Pierre Woods, both have shown some excellent talent, especially Cobbs. Almost all of our draft choices have shown some good things, even late picks like LeKevin Smith, Jeremy Mincey, and Andrews have shown some good things. O'Callahan may be a starter for pete's sake. Who do you cut among LeKevin Smith, Jonathan Sullivan & Santonio (#92, his last name escapes me). Admit it, that's going to be tough. It used to be easy, you can tell who wasn't going to make it, now, it seems, that making the cuts won't be easy.

I'd hate to be Pioli and BB when it comes to cut down time, though it's a nice problem to have.

Last edited by a moderator:
scott99 said:
Really, let's be honest. This has been an incredible camp/preseason. It's tough to be negative about anyone, except the hurt players and Deion. Guys like undrafted rookies Patrick Cobbs and Pierre Woods, both have shown some excellent talent, especially Cobbs. Almost all of our draft choices have shown some good things, even late picks like LeKevin Smith, Jeremy Mincey, and Andrews have shown some good things. O'Callahan may be a starter for pete's sake. Who do you cut among LeKevin Smith, Jonathan Sullivan & Santonio (#92, his last name escapes me). Admit it, that's going to be tough. It used to be easy, you can tell who wasn't going to make it, now, it seems, that making the cuts won't be easy.

I'd hate to be Pioli and BB when it comes to cut down time, though it's a nice problem to have.
Smith gets waived and signed to the Practice Squad. I believe Santonio Thomas has another year of eligibility, but I've had him as my #6 DL, with #7 a race between Sullivan and Klecko.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Smith gets waived and signed to the Practice Squad. I believe Santonio Thomas has another year of eligibility, but I've had him as my #6 DL, with #7 a race between Sullivan and Klecko.

Does that mean Hill is your #5?

I think there will be some pretty good safeties cut.

I would swap Hill's spot for Sullivan. It seems like Hill has been a "promising player with potential" for quite a while now. If we are going to have a guy like that eat up a roster spot every year then in my opinion, that spot belongs to Sullivan this year.

shakadave said:
Does that mean Hill is your #5?

I think there will be some pretty good safeties cut.
Wright is #5 -
1. Seymour
2. Warren
3. Wilfork
4. Green
5. Wright
6. S.Thomas
7. Sullivan or Klecko

NEM said:
I said last week, and still believe it, a lot of our cuts wil be picked up by other teams this year.

From what I saw of the Bucs/Jags game last night though NEM.We arent the only team that will be having to deal with this.The last few drafts have seen quite a bit of this OVERTALENTED flow of Camp released Players.

The quality of the late-rounders and UDFAs this year certainly seems to support the idea that it was a deep, deep draft. Smith, Woods, and Cobbs would all be mighty painful cuts.

smg93 said:
I would swap Hill's spot for Sullivan. It seems like Hill has been a "promising player with potential" for quite a while now. If we are going to have a guy like that eat up a roster spot every year then in my opinion, that spot belongs to Sullivan this year.
If anyone can eat a roster spot, it would be Sullivan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back