Welcome to PatsFans.com

This man was 21 for 21 on murder prosecutions...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jun 7, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

His name is Vincent Bugliosi, he put Charles Manson away, and he's "dead serious" about the prosecution of George W. Bush. So much so, that he's written a book about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pvWCLobIlM

"At this stage in my life -- you know i'm 73 -- I wouldn't, in a million years, think of bringing a case against the president of the United States unless I thought there was sufficient evidence and that i was standing on very firm legal ground."

"I've established jurisdiction for the attorney general in each of the 50 states... "

More detail of his justification here, in a radio interview.

"the conclusion of 16 US intelligence agencies that Iraq was not a threat to this country was completely deleted from that White Paper."
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  2. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Let him bring the prosecution forward. Myeslf and others would make him 21 out of 22.:)
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Yes, I'm sure. The insanity defense, was it?
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's official: Vincent Bugliosi has jumped the shark. :rolleyes:

The "orgy of violence" Helter Skelter cow musta finally stopped sh!tting nickels.

After decades of living off the misery of others and claiming how incompetent all the other lawyers and judges are, he's trying been trying to recapture the magic in "political" books doing the same with government and courts, except that people no longer buy them. Hasn't written a book worth whipping your ass with in going on 13 years now. Even then, Outrage was marginal at best.

Color us all not giving a sh!t.......
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

How utterly you... Ignoring the message, and instead trying to portray an image of the man as "worthless" simply because you can't stand the case he brings to the fore.

Can you, in your infinite and endless wisdom, tell us why Boy King and his handlers changed the specifics of the intel they received, and why that's "ok" to do? I doubt there's a single thing in his book you can refute, despite your desperate requirement to stick up for all things invasion.

Oh, but that's right. You"'have no love for Bush." You just run to his defense in every thread on this board. Noted.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -9

Oh Boy We Got Him Now Yahoooo
    Arghaaaaaaa Wham Pow Yhaaaaa Hey Martha They Got Bush, Buggyloosie Got Him Praise Jesus Christ, Holy Sh!t God.
  7. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

How utterly ME? How utterly you.

This doesn't have anything to do about Bush? He's not been a great president. He spends like a liberal, he refuses to the do the right thing about illegal immigration, he's beholden to big oil and he stubborn to a fault. Most everyone, liberal or conservative alike, have come to this conclusion ourselves. He's done some good things, but on the whole, he's a tool. The point is no one really gives a crap about him anymore. He's done. He's not gonna go to jail, He's not gonna be impeached or any of that nonsense. WE ARE IN IRAQ, whether you or I like it or not. Your pissing into the wind does help 1 soldier over there. In 20 years, no one will even care how we WENT INTO IRAQ, just how WE LEFT IRAQ. That's the real storyline these days.

So forgive us if noone gives a fukc about Vincent Bugliosi, a lifelong liberal, HUFFINGTON POST contributor, writing a book that say's he could "make the case" for a murder rap on GWB. I mean really, BFD, the guys opinion as a criminal prosecutor hasn't freaking mattered since 1972 ace (36 years ago), you think it still does?. Besides, he's also declining as a writer. Did you even bother to read his last book, Reclaiming History? It's terrible (and I love history books). It's supposed to be his opus, but it reads like an angry manifesto. Warren Commission aside, everyone's an idiot, except him. It's the same script as Outrage, just another topic. He's written some good stuff in the past (Till Death Us Do Part), but not for 25 years.

The point of my post isn't to defend Bush, it's to ridicule you for being "stuck on stupid" and thinking any of us give a turd about some "doesn't matter anymore" older than dirt, liberal author putting out another "Get Bush" piece, like were going all rush right out and get our copies. :rolleyes:

There will be another one tomorrow too. I'm sure you'll tell us all about it

Your actually a smart guy, we all know it, and your posts are MUCH better when you stay honest, debate your points, and stick to relative topics like Peak Oil, the current campaign and things like that. Your refusal to give up the "Bush Lied, People Died" mantra (whether it's true or untrue) makes your opinion obsolete cuz everyone's just rolling theirs eyes at you now.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

to think i missed this response at the time... what a shame... thank goodness I occassionally do a "crazy ivan" on thread baffles...

so you're suggesting i'm being "dishonest" in my assertion that Boy King committed fraud? and you think you're being honest in pretending most people disagree with me?

we've gotten into this many times before... you and PF13 consistently rest your entire position by pointing to WaPo op-eds by con-man shills like Fred Hiatt suggesting that "unwitting of bad intel" doesn't mean "lying" ... or, as Fog has so often put it: "he can't be lying if he thought it was true at the time."

i'm prepared to smash that premise to oblivion if you'd like to take it from the top... an indictment was always completely warranted... the senate intel report essentially bared that out... what was lacking was merely the sheer will required to take down a sitting president... especially while so many people in Washington were making a killing in an era of deregulation and privatization abroad...

they lied... in direct violation of Title 18, US Code, Section 371... conspiracy to defraud the United States....

we can start with the administrations assertion in July of 2002 that there was no plan to invade Iraq... when in fact, vast and specific plans had already been drawn up just weeks earlier and Boy King had already OK'd them.... there's plenty more beyond that...
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Crazy Ivan, indeed. Get a life.

[size=+5]ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................. [/size]

//
  10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Not to hijack the thread but the O.J. Simpson story first broke, he offered to be prosecutor, knowing the high profile nature of the trial and how it would turn into a circus. They turned him down and we know th result.........

O.J. trial botched, author says
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -21

While the economy was the biggest factor in the recent surge of Democrats, what started it all was the lies about Iraq.. with that being said there is a piss hole chance in hell that George will ever face a jury.. the status quo and maintaining it is what Gov't is all about.
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If anybody tries any funny stuff toward Bush the Dems/Obama will get a shiitstorm that'll take the bloom off the new blossom of the Obama real fast.

:nono:

//
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

again, the indictment is not about a question of merit, of which there is an abundance... it's about the will to bring the indictment down... always was...

anyhow, i have a fine life, thanks... i see you're still classless as ever...
  14. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

The case would be dismissed on constitutional grounds.

While I agree with him being right that Bush got us into a war on a lie, the only real effect of this book might be for the truth to get out.

This would never go to trial if a DA choose to prosecute. A DA filing charges would increase book sales.
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

The truth has been out, really since the Downing Street Memo...

But, please explain why, if any state prosecutor had the stones, it wouldn't go to trial... Are we talking "no basis" as a reason, or red tape and "pressure" from above?
  16. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

21 for 21 then he decided to sign with Indy so he could prosecute in a DOME...

Wait that's something else. What huh? Oh impeachment. Well. Okay. I suppose I could move over the sausage and cheese cart? What? Will this take long?

Seriously, I think PC is dead-on here... I think we're giving the Worst President In History a pass on his impeachment in the interest of keeping the right wing loonies in the woodwork where they belong, parroting rush and wearing tinfoil on their heads.

PFnV
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Agreed.
    There will be no trial. Bush is gone (not that he was ever here). The ones that could and should stand trial are Wolfie, Rummy and the ghost from Wyoming.

Getting the truth in the light will, I hope, prevent the idiot traitor from getting his name on a carrier or airport.
  18. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

Casper Weinberger isn't from Wyoming. Heck, he wasn't even from this Bush!
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

There's a blast from the past!
    Like hearing an Air Supply song on Oldies Radio!
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -10

If that intel was deleted and it was a known fact that Iraq was not a threat, then ALL Americans would want George prosecuted without exception. I mean who among us turns the other way when criminals are caught? No one here, I know that for sure.