Welcome to PatsFans.com

This makes me nervous

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Michael, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. fourthandmiles

fourthandmiles On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I just caught a glimpse of this on the newstand. I can't beleive the Herald. Isn't there anything better to report? Track Girls on the front page? Think Brady will EVER give an interview to the Herald now? Calling his wife an Air head on the front page?

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I worked as a flight instructor for a few years. I actually had an interview scheduled with Shoreline Aviation years ago when I decided to accept a position closer to home. What I found as a airplane flight instructor was that 70% of the people who start taking lessons drop out. Its more like 80 or even 90% for females. I'm certainly not saying women can't, just that they don't for reasons I couldn't explain. Its a lot of work and a serious time commitment. So Its safe to say that there's a better than 80% chance that she'll never be able to take Tom for a ride without a qualified instructor in the other control seat.

Another factor is that the bird itself (R-22's are relatively small and cheap) will cost about $200/hr, adding a pilot in to just fly it for you bumps it up to maybe $260/hr. For someone as wealthy as her going from $200 hr with a serious time and effort commitment vs $260/hr with no responsibilities besides writing checks? I dunno. That's irrelevant if she's been bitten by the flying bug though. Some people just have to fly, damn the cost.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Excellent, thank you.