PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This loss is on Dave Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 plays gave the Colts the win:

Gaffney dropping the ball
Thomas getting the personal foul
BB calling that timeout on 4th down

If any of those don't happen, the Patriots probably win the game.

Word.

Word.

Sure there were problems but the team did not play that badly. The secondary is a little sketchy but that was Payton manning out there. No sacks again and very little prsssure!
What I absolutely hate is the coaching the team received this evening. McDaniels offense was a bit too predictable and BB had a lousy game as head coach. Its funny but I said in a thread earlier today how lucky were are to have BB's game mangement skills. Today was the first game that I can recall where BB had a bad night!
Wasting that time out on the challenge was a poor decision and the time out to change the 4th and goal to a filed goal was brutal. You don't beat Indy in Indy whith field goals. They got the first down too. I can't believe BB got cold feet and went conservative on the play!!!
I suspect that BB will will even admit that he had a bad night at his presser.
A bonehead pay by Thomas but our running back rather than gettimg the first down on the play tried to hit a home run and took it outside, only to get stopped short!
When we had the ball with less than 6 minutes and were driving I was thinking that we were going to win!!!

yeah its too bad that the whole game was decided by 2 events, otherwise I was happy with the offensive game plan the running game looked good Faulk was great tonight

Dave Thomas cost the team this game. The Gaffeny drop hurt, the wasted time outs hurt. But that DUMBA%$ cost us the game.

Belichick going for 2 point conversion was a bad decision. Poor use of all 3 2nd half time outs.
Jesus yes, that was another thing. You don't chase points that early.

Word.

Word.

word
word
word

The colts didn't rush the ball at all. Our secondary is full of young, banged up players. If they can improve, I like our chances

will somebody please stab dave thomas?

thomas had a killer mistake but there were other reasons the team lost. they did a lot of things well though

Wow not sure what to say, this game most definatly could have went either way, The Thomas play was insane and totally surprised me because the Pats were unstoppable on offense tonight and that killed them, if it would have been first down and 25 instead of 3rd and 16 the Pats would have scored for sure. I was saying to myself I wish the Colts would just let them score because otherwise the Pats are just going to grind it out and run the clock out and score and leave us no time to come back. Cassel has totally surprised me as he could be a starting QB on most teams.

This is a loss that's going to piss me off all week.

The two blowouts were easier to take, the games you should have won but didn't always sting so much more. And now that's 3 in the last 3 years against those god damn Manning brothers.

Won't be watching any post-game/sports programing this week. Need something to go take my mind of this now.

Last edited:
By far, the worse game management of BB's tenure. Not the worst
gameplan. Just how he managed the 2nd half.

Unfortuneatly BB is looking alot more mortal this year........They keep showing replays of his days in Cleveland for a comparison on ESPN....that can't be good.....;(

Yeah, the McDaniels bashing is ridiculous. I don't know how you can draw up a much more effective gameplan than the one McDaniels had tonight.

What did we have, like 4 drives of more than 10 plays? The game plan was great. Red zone management could have been better.

I'd add to the list of crummy decisions, by the way, the decision to go for 2. Sheer stupidity. Same category as the decision not to kick a 47 yarder in the super bowl. Just didn't make sense in the context of the game and the time and situation. That was a two point swing, both in losing the extra point and in causing the Colts to go for two and make it later. Though the margin was 3, it would have been a different game.

Really tough to win on the road without causing a turnover, by the way -- that we almost pulled it off just makes the loss harder to take. The team has got to be near the bottom of the league in takeaways. Definitely so in sacks.

will somebody please stab dave thomas?

come on.. it's a game..
i watched a friend die this week so talk about stabbing someone makes me sick

This week is off to a brilliant start and it's just going to get better on Tuesday.

Unfortuneatly BB is looking alot more mortal this year........They keep showing replays of his days in Cleveland for a comparison on ESPN....that can't be good.....;(

he seems to be "over thinking" right now to compensate for the injury riddled team.

Give the guy a break. He didn't realize the play was over and the call was ticky-tack at best.

If anyone, the onus belongs with the coaches.

:rofl: Ticky tacky? Give me an effin' break!! Didn't realize it? For starters, nobody else was moving, I think some players were actually heading back to the huddle. On top of that, he had a ref standing 10 feet away blowing a freakin' whistle. How many more clues did this clown need to understand the play was over. Then the way he reacted afterwards was just icing on the cake. First he goes to the huddle and you can clearly see him mouthing the word "*********". You bet buddy, that call was all on the refs. Then you see him on the sidelines grinning afterwards. I would have had my head buried in the sand if I were him.

:rofl: Ticky tacky? Give me an effin' break!! Didn't realize it? For starters, nobody else was moving, I think some players were actually heading back to the huddle. On top of that, he had a ref standing 10 feet away blowing a freakin' whistle. How many more clues did this clown need to understand the play was over. Then the way he reacted afterwards was just icing on the cake. First he goes to the huddle and you can clearly see him mouthing the word "*********". You bet buddy, that call was all on the refs. Then you see him on the sidelines grinning afterwards. I would have had my head buried in the sand if I were him.

I actually believe he didn't know it was over.

Thomas lost the game, pure and simple. Gaffney made a poor play. That happens. Thomas's penalty was inexcusable. It was way after the play and was in front of the official, with no effort at all at stopping.

I thought the both coordinators called a great game. Would one more time out made the difference? not likely.

OFFENSE
We are playing without Brady and our top three running backs! Cassel played a great game. Sure Gaffney could have gone in for a TD, but that wouldn't have ended the game. We could have tried the more risky plan of stayinh back in the shotgun and trying to win through the air. In the end, this plan was probably better. This plan took Sanders out of the game.

DEFENSE
Manning had a healthy line, a healthy Addai and healthy receivers. We had to rely on three players as conrners who hadn't played a down until this year. We held them. The zone; bend and don't break; it all worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes