PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This loss is on Dave Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
This loss is not Cassel's fault. It rests solely on Dave Thomas!

Gaffney?

10 char

I've seen stupid plays before... But wow.

What an idiot.

I can't even speak I'm so pissed right now.

This loss is on the coaches. Specifically Bill B.

Give the guy a break. He didn't realize the play was over and the call was ticky-tack at best.

If anyone, the onus belongs with the coaches.

Last edited:
That was a game killer. They jinxed us when they wouldn't shut up about us not having any penalties. What a weird game...

Give the guy a break. He didn't realize the play was over and the call was ticky-tack at best.

If anyone, the onus belongs with the coaches.
When no one else on the field is moving, it's pretty obvious the play is over. And he came flying out of nowhere to hit the guy too. Such an idiot.

I would like someone to say this was all on Matt Cassel, because Matt Cassel was the reason we were in the game, he made some good throws.. Bonehead plays killed us.. The colts are not good.. We gave them that game..

3 plays gave the Colts the win:

Gaffney dropping the ball
Thomas getting the personal foul
BB calling that timeout on 4th down

If any of those don't happen, the Patriots probably win the game.

well the refs can't count to 12. Thomas was ticky tacky at best and Bob sanders can hit you after you have been called down and BB lost his mind calling a timeout. Randy is lackluster at best. whiny little sob.

I blame three people specifically:

1.) Thomas
2.) Gaffney
3.) Belichick (for poor timeput management in the second half)

The Pats win this game if it wasn't for Gaffney's drop, but Thomas' penalty was worse because it was a stupid play.

Last edited:
Gaffney?

10 char

Gaffney's drop was horrendous, but physical errors happen. He doesn't drop a lot of balls, but he happened to drop that one. It sucks, but it happens.

Thomas's error was just pure, unadulterated stupidity, an absolute killer. How can you not keep your composure there?

If I had to break it down, I'd say 50% Thomas, 40% Coaching Staff (Not the playcalling, the Hermesque game management), and 10% Pass Rush (of which there was none).... What a kick in the nads...

The loss is on a lot of people.

Thomas for his dumbass penalty.

Gaffney for dropping a sure TD.

Belichick for wasting a timeout and giving away four points on the same play (the Cassel sneak) and wasting another timeout on an idiotic challenge.

McDaniels for a ridiculous offensive gameplan that included the worst wildcat derivative ever imagined.

The refs for ignoring two illegal picks that led to the Colts' first TD.

It was an awful game all around.

(Edit: Forgot about the nonexistent pass rush and Deltha O'Neal playing 10 yards off of Harrison when giving up the first would essentially cost us the game.)

Last edited:
Thomas
Jabar Caldwell, thats what I'll call him until he redeems himself for that crap
Belichick

Hard to single out anyone else. Defense played bad as a whole but we should have made up for it with how well we were moving the ball.

This call was terrible. He couldn't even see the play and they let that go all the time.

Coach should have never tried to show up the refs. They stuck it back to him at the right time. That is how it goes.

Also trust your team on 4th down.

We have to stop making second guesses in these close games. never works. Look at NY.

ya im pretty pissed right now... Gaffney should have caught the TD and im not sure if Thomas knew the play was over on the late hit.

Thomas, Gaffney and to a certain extend the Pats coaching staff.
this was a game they should have won.
they outplayed the colts.

When no one else on the field is moving, it's pretty obvious the play is over. And he came flying out of nowhere to hit the guy too. Such an idiot.

To make things worse there had been a focus in recent weeks of practice to avoid stupid personal fouls. This loss sucks.

By far, the worse game management of BB's tenure. Not the worst
gameplan. Just how he managed the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes