PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This loss didn't sting at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea jets got a huge friggin break. They took out the lions kicker so Suh had to kick the xp and missed. Then Stafford left the game so Hill screwed it up 3 & out. And then Peterson hits LT out of bounds and there we go OT which the jets win the coin toss....:bricks:

Last edited:
Honestly I'd rather lose a game by 20 and just be outplayed from the getgo than to lose by 3 when outplaying your opponent for most of the game like we did to the Chargers.

Hopefully we can bounce back in Pittsburgh next week, this is the statement game. Are we ready to be elite or are we still middle of the pack like last year?

If each unit is going to have a bad day, I'd prefer they all pick the same day. Having them line up like this makes for one brutal loss by a wide margin but gets all this crappy play out of the way for the rest of the Ws. :)

Hey, I got tha freaking double whammy down here in Brooklyn. Tha Pats stinking up the joint in Cleveland on my 13" computer monitor and...

Tha effing Jets pulling off this total bullsh*t MIRACLE in Detroit on my 32" flat screen at the same time.
The Lions win was so assured, cbs was showing stat graphics on the screen of...
1. The Lions hadn't won consecutive games in 3 years
2. The Lion win total of these last 2 games equals their win total of the previous 37! lol.

It was in tha freaking bag, for Christ sake!!!!
Then... blam, touchdown, after The Jets had like 3 totals yards in offense the first 57 minutes. Then blam, field goal at the end of regulation. Then, in overtime... a Lion pushes LT after he's way out of bounds, 15 yards personal foul.... instant field goal range. Then... blam, field goal. Game over.
"Let's go eat a Goddamn snack!"

OH... F*CK ME! And I gotta hear people in my building cheering too.

THAT'S what stung. Not The Pats game. The fact that The Jets got a miracle in Detroit and went into 1st place is what f*ucking stings. And now I have to hear about it ALL WEEK on WFAN. Damn man! This freaking blows.

A rare instance when I wish I wasn't a New Yorker for a change.

games are NOT fiftyseven minutes.

They woke up in time...

We have a couple of those this season...Are they Bullsht??

Team look poorly prepared, gave a poor effort in all 3 phases.

If you think you are a superbowl level team you need to handle your business in games like these and we did not.

Hey, I got tha freaking double whammy down here in Brooklyn. Tha Pats stinking up the joint in Cleveland on my 13" computer monitor and...

Tha effing Jets pulling off this total bullsh*t MIRACLE in Detroit on my 32" flat screen at the same time.
The Lions win was so assured, cbs was showing stat graphics on the screen of...
1. The Lions hadn't won consecutive games in 3 years
2. The Lion win total of these last 2 games equals their win total of the previous 37! lol.

It was in tha freaking bag, for Christ sake!!!!
Then... blam, touchdown, after The Jets had like 3 totals yards in offense the first 57 minutes. Then blam, field goal at the end of regulation. Then, in overtime... a Lion pushes LT after he's way out of bounds, 15 yards personal foul.... instant field goal range. Then... blam, field goal. Game over.
"Let's go eat a Goddamn snack!"

OH... F*CK ME! And I gotta hear people in my building cheering too.

THAT'S what stung. Not The Pats game. The fact that The Jets got a miracle in Detroit and went into 1st place is what f*ucking stings. And now I have to hear about it ALL WEEK on WFAN. Damn man! This freaking blows.

A rare instance when I wish I wasn't a New Yorker for a change.

Your mindset is a big part of what is wrong with this fanbase these days. It's not really about the team, it's about you and losing bragging rights over your tormentors... While there's supposedly no I in team there is obviously one in the way some of you spell fan...

I'd say the loss stung quite a bit. The Patriots played a terrible game. There's no reason to give up on the season, but we clearly have work to do. That's fine... anyone who's been paying attention already knew that about this team.

Mangini is getting his players to play hard and they're starting to believe in him. I think he may actually be developing into a pretty good head coach, whatever your feelings about him are.

this loss was OK in the beginning, but as time goes by (hour, by hour) its really starting to annoy me

annoy me because we were able to stop peterson, and the DL played extremely well, and this time couldn't hold their position worth a dime

annoy me because this whole season mayo played like a monster, and this game he came up lame, excrutiatingly lame

annoy me because even though this team never started a game well, it finished 6 out of 7, and this one it not only did not start, but never showed up at all

annoy me because brady has been innefective this whole season, primarily on the road, even w/o pressure, and hes not only the highest paid player in the league, but a TOP QB...i hate to say it, but watching manning play this year, i feel envy, i want TFB back

Your mindset is a big part of what is wrong with this fanbase these days. It's not really about the team, it's about you and losing bragging rights over your tormentors... While there's supposedly no I in team there is obviously one in the way some of you spell fan...

Two things, Mo Bettah Blues,
1. The Pats loss didn't hurt so much because Miami & The Jets lost too. A LOT of Pats fans were taking consolation in that. I was watching both games simultaneously and The Jets were making the same pathetic plays they've been doing all year so far. You know, like getting penalized at least 10 times a game and dropping passes left and right. In the 2nd to last drive, down 10 points, LT didn't even realize Sanchez was dumping off top him and the ball hit him on the arm, for Christ sake. It was laughable.
CBS was doing graphics like The Lions won.
Yeah, I know things can change in a heartbeat in the last 3 minutes, but this wasn't The 2007 Pats out there. It was SANCHEZ and he'd blown all day long

2. Jets fans aren't my tormentors. Maybe a few ex girlfriends are, but not freaking Jets fans. Mo, here in NYC, the people who're successful and are high functioning members of NYC social structure are mostly Giants fans.
The losers of New York are the guys who have always rooted for The Jets.
They commiserate with their team for never being able to succeed.

Those guys here ain't tormenting me. They don't have enough influence, sports wise or otherwise.

Anyway, MOST Pats fans yesterday had already conceded The Pats loss by mid 4th quarter and were having a much better tike watching the lowly Lions beating The Jets. That's where we were putting an emotional band aid on our wounds. Yep, then it got torn right off and The Pats loss started stinging again, hence the title of this thread.

Good enough explanation for you? Prolly not. Good enough for me anyway.

We knew it was only a matter of time before this young team put up a stinker.

I'd agree. Usually I'm pretty down the rest of the night after a Pats loss (ask my girlfriend, haha)... but yesterday was just like, enh, whatever, we were a total piece of you-know-what and deserved to lose. That doesn't help me feel better looking ahead, but it at least makes the loss easier to deal with at the time.

Because its been such a rarity for the Pats in the last 10 years, to be that awful in all 3 phases of the game at the same time. Probably just as rare as it is for the Pats to be great in all 3 phases of the game at the same time.

Its a once in a blue moon type of game. To be thinking that we're going to play like this from now on is just dumb. No one needs to be fired or cut and no one needs to slit their wrists. We have one of these kind of games almost every year and we always bounce back. I'm just glad we got it out of our system now, than when it really counts.

Maybe because we sucked from the kickoff, so I maybe prepared myself for the loss, but it didn't sting like other losses. Like the Jets this year and many other losses in the past. Usually after a loss I'm like all down and stuff, but .. this time feels different, more like.. eh.. what're you gonna do? Sometimes nothing goes right, just gotta put it outta your mind and move on.

Agreed. They sucked this week. Learn from it and move on. Let's get ready for the Steelers game. :)

A close loss actually would have been much more frustrating because then you'd have to question even more intensely Gronk's screwups in the first half, as if they weren't bad enough all by themselves.

They got dominated against an inferior opponent.The browns are improve but they got beat with a rookie qb under the helm.Thats embarrassing.This defense still cant stop 3rd downs on a consistent basis.

Because its been such a rarity for the Pats in the last 10 years, to be that awful in all 3 phases of the game at the same time. Probably just as rare as it is for the Pats to be great in all 3 phases of the game at the same time.

Its a once in a blue moon type of game. To be thinking that we're going to play like this from now on is just dumb. No one needs to be fired or cut and no one needs to slit their wrists. We have one of these kind of games almost every year and we always bounce back. I'm just glad we got it out of our system now, than when it really counts.

Maybe because we sucked from the kickoff, so I maybe prepared myself for the loss, but it didn't sting like other losses. Like the Jets this year and many other losses in the past. Usually after a loss I'm like all down and stuff, but .. this time feels different, more like.. eh.. what're you gonna do? Sometimes nothing goes right, just gotta put it outta your mind and move on.

Every year including the Superbowl years, the Pats have a game like this, in which everything just goes wrong. Last year it was against the Ravens in the playoffs, after they beat them in every other game in the decade. That game, like this one, had no long term significance, despite many people thinking it did, because of the one-sided results. Historically, Belichick teams don't do well against new QBs because they don't have an appropriate amount of trend data, to analyze. Its kind of a back-handed compliment to Belichick's coaching prowess.

Of more significance to the Browns, they may have found their Future QB. Cody looked every bit the POISED Heisman trophy winning QB, yesterday.

I'm hoping for a split with Pitt and Indy and a victory over the Jets and Packers, at home. The Lions game on Thanksgiving comes after only four days of rest, too. That could be another trap game. It will be a dogfight and interesting throughout the season.

I'd say the loss stung quite a bit. The Patriots played a terrible game. There's no reason to give up on the season, but we clearly have work to do. That's fine... anyone who's been paying attention already knew that about this team.

Mangini is getting his players to play hard and they're starting to believe in him. I think he may actually be developing into a pretty good head coach, whatever your feelings about him are.

Me too. After all, the great b, chose him to QB his Defense. How bad can he be? Plus he was screwed and tatooed by the Jerks at the Jets, Woody and Tannebaum. Wrecks is playing with the players Mangini drafted...

I was shockingly more upbeat after the loss then I've ever been following a Pats defeat. It was a horrible game but I think they were bound to have it sooner or later - better sooner. One thing I know; the coaches will be on them like white on rice all week. I also think this loss will make them play much hungrier when they go to Pittsburgh.

It's 10 at night and halftime in The Steelers game and I'm still waiting for a reply to my noontime reply about you accusing me of this.
Wazammata? You don't say boo when your accusations get shot down so meticulously well?
See what happens when someone with a ton of comments runs into a little guy who can talk back a lil' bit better than his small comment total reflects?

It's 10 at night and halftime in The Steelers game and I'm still waiting for a reply to my noontime reply about you accusing me of this.
Wazammata? You don't say boo when your accusations get shot down so meticulously well?
See what happens when someone with a ton of comments runs into a little guy who can talk back a lil' bit better than his small comment total reflects?

Dude, you're starting to sound like you got Napoleon syndrome lol.

J/k :) no offense.

They got dominated against an inferior opponent.The browns are improve but they got beat with a rookie qb under the helm.Thats embarrassing.This defense still cant stop 3rd downs on a consistent basis.

Read Bruschi's breakdown, especially point 3, and then see if that reduces the sting of the embarassment.

Like some other poster mentioned above, my mood has become upbeat and am glad that we got this clobbering by an inferior team. This will teach our youngsters a great lesson, our coaches to see how much Mangini & his team outcoached them especially in the ST area, and our players to play better.

I am strangely confident now that we are going to come out a lot better and am eager to see us take on the Steelers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back