PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is why you don't go "All In"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB=TD

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Two years in a row the Patriots have been decimated with injuries. There were no players available to substitute these losses. Revis, Mccourty and Chandler will need to be paid so cap space is necessary. Kraft and Bill know what their doing.

???

We have about $4M more than we usually have at this time. It will likely be carried into next year.

What do you think Revis's new cap number will be in there first year of his contract (including the dead money from this contract), usually the lowest cap year by far? Let's say the number is $12M. Let's say McCourty's first year is $7M (no dead money), Gostkowski's is $3M and Vereen's is $3M.

I'll give you some time to compute the total tax effect on the 2015 cap, compared to the present cap.

Since the total is $25M, the total would be the same as the current amount for Revis. Since 3 players are replaced, the total cap cost for Revis, McCourty, Gostkowski and Vereen would be a SAVINGS of $1.5M.
Perhaps one of the contracts is bit light. So maybe, the net effect is ZERO.

So, the amount of additional cap money needed to re-sign Revis, McCourty, Gostkowski and Vereen is

$0.00, ZERO, NADA.

So, please spare me the discussion on why we need to have more cap money available than ever before at this time, and more than most teams. We could have afforded to use $3M in cap room for additional help at DL and LB. We still can. How much was Kelly's contract again?

No one is saying we should have went "all in" they never do...so not sure the point of the thread.

Two years in a row the Patriots have been decimated with injuries. There were no players available to substitute these losses. Revis, Mccourty and Chandler will need to be paid so cap space is necessary. Kraft and Bill know what their doing.

Your post makes absolutely no sense at all.

I have a hunch that Belichick has already made his move(s) with Akeem Ayers and Branch, although I'm not even sure if the second one happened or not.

That "extra" 4th round pick that we acquired in the Mankins deal has been looking good to me though, especially at a time when we are in danger of losing BOTH Mayo/Chandler Jones for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes