PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is why I am starting to feel better about tonight's events

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Broncos play San Diego IN San Diego next week...you'll all feel better afterwards....as long as Corrente and his crew are elsewhere

Cinci will win a tiebreaker with us unless we lose to the Eagles, because they'll have a better AFC record.
we have to lose to the Eagles to beat out Cincy?...please explain...

as long as gronk's fine, we'll be alright.

we have to lose to the Eagles to beat out Cincy?...please explain...
To beat them out in a tie. Once we beat the Eagles, we go to 4-0 against the NFC. Cinci already has an NFC loss (ARZ). Therefore Cinci will have a better AFC record.

so you're thinking the Pats get ANOTHER AFC loss? and going to Cincy in an AFCCG scares you? Why?

so your thinking the Pats get ANOTHER AFC loss?
Well it would have to be. Only AFC games after the awful Eagles next week. Of course if we run the table, no tiebreaker necessary,

Cincy has 4 AFC games left...Pitt, Broncos, Cleveland and the Ravens...depending on Rothberger's concussion, the Bengals could drop both of those games. We have Miami and the Jets on the road. Yeah, could end up a wash. Health is our major concern IMO...healthy, the Pats can win anywhere.

We can only afford to lose one more game. Best case scenario is for the Bengals to beat the Broncos and lose another game to a division rival. The tie breaker with the Broncos will then be eliminated if the Pats drop amother game.

Proud of this team, just get a bye, if they have to go on the road in the AFCCG they'll win just like in 01 and 04.

One thing I have learned: I don't trust jack squat the first night. We don't know how bad it is. People walk on torn ACLs and MCLs all the time. Philip Rivers played on one for most of a season.

I know two things: he is tough, and he was in agony. That much was clear. And that makes me pessimistic. For now.

For what it's worth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye