PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is why I am starting to feel better about tonight's events

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
obviously this all rests on Gronk (and hightower) being healthy. But reports are trickling in that the injuries are not as bad as they seem. So let's say the Pats get healthy by the post season. Gronk, Edelman, amendola, hightower, Collins, etc. I don't care if the pats are the #6 seed, with those players they are still the best team in the NFL and will beat any team anywhere. I love this team and have so much faith in them. If they can be healthy by the playoffs, they will use tonight to springboard them in the post season. It's them against the world. My only fear is we get another hose job by the refs that we had tonight.

What would rather have? The 2007 season, where you go 16-0 in the regular season to fall short in the playoffs or the 2014 season where they go thru struggles in the regular season to win it all and PISS OF THE ENTIRE NFL?

I agree, if Gronk comes back I don't care about this. I'd rather they won but really it is one game. If he does not come back they still have a punchers chance. Bigger concern is will the refs continue to fix games.

Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Lafell, Chandler if they're all there come playoff time I do not fear any defense.

Can we just forfeit the rest of our regular games or would we be in some sort of violation Goodell bylaw?

The loss to tonight stings less with the optimistic reports on Gronkowski. Get well soon big guy.

TBH, this is one of the only times I've ever felt OK after a loss. The early reports about Gronk have taken some of the sting out of this game. We still control our own destiny with the seeding. If the Football gods give us a ****ing break then we'll get our guys back healthy for the playoffs.

I agree 100%. This game means nothing if the injuries aren't a concern. The Broncos will not go 5-0 to end their season. They will drop at least 2 with that offense and QB and their growing pains. We will beat them out for HFA no question. We just need to be careful about the Bengals. There isn't much wiggle room there.

Gronk left on the cart. No way I can see him not being done till 2016.

CVCTAHVUYAAe1A-.jpg:large

Have you being following the Gronk injury thread? It's not as serious as it looked.

Well if you paid attention you would see that he may be back and it looks promising

I mean, he was walking around with his own luggage and every report suggests he's going to be OK. But go with what you saw 2 hours ago.

Also the terribleness of the officiating in this game might gain the Patriots favor ala the 2005 Steelers.

I agree with all of that.

Was this a hose job? Yes, absolutely. I knew it would be when a defender launched into Toms head and it went uncalled.

Does it suck that we probably won't see Gronk for a couple weeks and may drop a couple more games? Sure.

BUT, am I worried if we have to face teams on the road in the playoffs with a HEALTHY team? Hell no, not a bit. I'm more concerned about the refs and the NFLs agenda at this point.

I actually expected this to be a loss, but I'm disappointed in the way it happened. Felt it slipping away on Harper's muff. Too much to digest right now. The rushing attack is so brutally bad this year that it basically doesn't exist. The tackling on D has been bad the last 3 games. We need our linebackers back. Hope Gronk is OK. I need sleep.

Have you being following the Gronk injury thread? It's not as serious as it looked.

One thing I have learned: I don't trust jack squat the first night. We don't know how bad it is. People walk on torn ACLs and MCLs all the time. Philip Rivers played on one for most of a season.

I know two things: he is tough, and he was in agony. That much was clear. And that makes me pessimistic. For now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes