Welcome to PatsFans.com

This is what I mean by gubmit waste

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

So the gubmit is broke, the people are struggling, and the idea is to simply throw money into the economy to "create jobs". Well, like I've been saying, you need a plan. You can "create" jobs by simply hiring people, but someone has to provide the cash to make that payroll. Here, the mayors of America are putting their hands out like a welfare momma, without a care for who is going to eventually have to pay the bill. Now, these are all requests for cash, and none of this has been approved. I totally understand that. I'm just posting this so that people can get a glimpse of what the gubmit does. This is what "shovel ready" or "ready to go" project means. It means that the gubmit doesn't care what you're shovelling, so long as you can hire someone to shovel it. GROSS. This is such a waste of taxpayer money.

Oh, and before you get all over me, I'm not posting this to specificially criticize the Messiah's plan, as this is a mayors list. Plus, this crap happens all the time, in every agency, and at every level of gubmit. I also know that this money, if part of the bill, will only yada, yada, yada....amount to x% of ....yada, yada, yada.... The point remains, how does this truly help anyone long term? How is this fair to working, tax paying americans, and how does wasteful spending now, help us tomorrow, when the bill will have 40% of interest tacked onto it. :mad:

PAGE ONE FEBRUARY 4, 2009

Stimulus Brings Out City Wish Lists:

Neon for Vegas, Harleys for Shreveport
    Most Ask for Roads, Sewers, but Some Want the Kitchen Sink -- and a Frisbee Golf Course

By JENNIFER LEVITZ and PHILIP SHISHKIN

Las Vegas, which by some accounts already glitters, wants $2 million for neon signs.

Boynton Beach, Fla., is looking for $4.5 million for an "eco park" featuring butterfly gardens and gopher tortoises.

And Chula Vista, Calif., would like $500,000 to create a place for dogs to run off the leash.

These are among 18,750 projects listed in "Ready to Go," the U.S. Conference of Mayors' wish list for funding from the stimulus bill moving through Congress. The group asked cities and towns to suggest "shovel ready" projects for the report, which it gave to Congress and the Obama administration.

Stimulus Brings Out City Wish Lists: Neon for Vegas, Harleys for Shreveport - WSJ.com

Some Proposed Projects