Welcome to PatsFans.com

This Is The Result Of Useless U.N. Proposals and Rules.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 16, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

So Hizbollah exploited the old cease fire agreement brokered by the U.N....which said they were to be disbanded...and now OBL wants his end.

Personally...I think they are all watching the Godfather movies...figuring they get some action by terrorizing and donating...it worked for the mob for years.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/6-8-16/45027.html

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Who's this OBL character?

General Willy has provided some major news here. Al Quida is publishing propaganda saying the US is bad and the Iraqi government is a puppet? That's unbelievable! Call us when you have some new information, General. Thanks a lot. As you were.
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

NEM...over the next 10-20 years many like you will realize how little Bush had to do with what we are seeing today. He just happened to be President as all this exploded.

Much of this would have happened regardless of who was our President. It has everything to do with the internet and easy media access because of cable and sattelite news than anything else.

Better put...if Bush was our President 20 years ago, his WOT would have gone much better. There was no booming internet and mass media for the terrorists to exploit and make every good deed appear to be bad.

You are looking at things as you have experienced them during your lifetime. Take a good hard look at the media and internet and you will realize Bush is but a minor player here.

New issues will pop up over the next 25 years, probably with a democrat in the White House, and stubborn people like you will then realize how wrong you were. Bad people are bad, and they will use anyone to gain attention for themselves.

Was it Jimmy Carter's fault the hostages were in Iran for over a year? If that happened today Bush would be hogtied and hung over it...because the terrorists only had the nightly news to exploit it back then. If they had the internet and the media the terrorists own today our view of Jimmy Carter would be much different...of this I am certain.

24/7 news coverage can make anyone look bad...even Jesus has taken a beating these last 5 years especially. Politicians and leaders no longer have the luxury of time and patience...2 absolute crucial things to all successfull operations. Now, your lucky to get a week or 2 to conduct operations that need years as opposed to weeks. Impatient and perfect thinking liberals mixed together with an overzealous media...things will never be the same again and that's what will bring this country down to it's knees before long.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +290 / 4 / -2

What's funny is how no one seems to ever remember that Bin Laden tried to take the Towers down in 1993 but failed. How come no one ever asks the question of what would have happened had he succeeded? Had his explosives taken down the 2 Towers under Klinton, what would our response have been? FBN is right when he says that Bush was simply the guy on the clock the day of 9/11. Our problems with radical islam existed well before Bush's presidency. Bush gets a raw deal on alot of issues. He's the one president who's decided to tackle the radical problem head on. I've maintained to many that real leaders make difficult and unpopular decisions. They don't look at polls, or stick a wet finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing first.

NEM, I'd rather have AL-Queda shooting at our soldiers in Iraq, than shooting at our children here at home.
  5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Quick question for you RW.

Who's to say they can't do both??
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I personally don't think Bush is the greatest President...he has many domestic flaws. But I end up defending him here because to many democrats and most liberals he is the most evil horrible President ever...that is totally unfair.

Bush has done good things and he's made his share of mistakes. But these liberals have impededed Bush to a degree of impossibility for Bush.

Soldiers need to go through a series of checks before they pull a trigger to save their life. You cannot hold terrorists in prisons without a fair trial...never mind that these prisoners are not in the United States.

The whole energy problem is Bush's fault and not our fault for having done very little over the last 30 years. Liberals have stood in the way of most energy proposals. They don't want nukes, they don't want wind farms, they don't want ethanol because that means less food.

Drives me crazy in this forum...liberals are always the first to say no...the 1st to get in the way of any expansion of energy and they are the first to cry foul and lay blame. They forget the past and are critical of the present...like the problems you mention Real world. The most pathetic creatures ever to walk the planet IMO....your whining and complaining liberal...and they think they actually represent progress , can bring peace to the world, and they can solve all energy problems. I'm waiting to hear how...problem is they are complaining to much to accomplish anything except increase bandwith.
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +290 / 4 / -2

I think the wind farm by the Cape is a pretty good example of liberal agenda. The Enviro-Nazi, SUV driving Libs are pushing hard to veto the Enviro-safe wind farm on the Cape. HA! Gotta love it. Then, the Libs don't want us to drill for our own oil. Can never understand that. Makes little sense to me. I'd rather pay $3 a gallon for AMERICAN oil than some towle heads. If I were president I'd declare offshore and An-War drilling a matter of national security. I'd have us drilling next week.
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Lets start a thread about OIL DRILLING in the good ol USA shall we??

Lets find out where those whacky Libs stand!!!
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +290 / 4 / -2

It's funny how the Enviro police are so against drilling off our shores, or in our lands, but have no problems buying oil from countries that drill in theres. Last I checked the world shared the same environment. Isn't that the crux of the Global Warming deal? When it comes to drilling, I'd trust our environmental guidelines before I'd trust Venezuella's. It's going to be interesting to see how the politics plays off the Florida coast. Cuba has found a large deposit of resources off its shore. Can't wait till Iran goes over and sets up a wrig. What will our position be then? Cuba cashes in off our coast but we don't. Odd to me.