Welcome to PatsFans.com

This is the REAL China...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Oct 22, 2011.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I need to warn all the video in the link below is extremely graphic & sad. so much so, I could only watch a little of it.

China today is almost as secretive as it was 40 years ago. They talk as if they have a capitalist society, but it's not even close. It is still a military state run by corrupt officials who perpetuate a "have" and "have-not" system.

To live in China today is perhaps one of the most frightening "advanced" nations on the face of this planet.

I apologize in advance if anyone is offended by the video. I know I will not click on that link again. It will bring tears to your eyes and possibly make you feel sick.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzEzMzMyMDQw.html

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

That is so bigoted of you, PR. Why would you even claim that's the real China? Do you really think it's possible to take away the essential humanity of people? I read about that video, and the Chinese people were outraged by it. In every country, in every culture, there are people who will do something and people who won't do something.

Do you recall years ago in our own country when a crowd people stood below a person ready to commit suicide and chanted, "Jump, jump"? Would you have felt it fair if people said that's the real America? How many children could be rescued from abusive parents if neighbors didn't ignore the screams? How many people could be saved if strangers didn't fear the implications of getting involved?

For you to say that's the real China makes me think of all those posts certain people (not you) have posted in the past about individual black crime, as if to say, "That's the real black community."

That's an awful video. I watched only a minute or so of it. But to label the entire Chinese nation based on that one tragedy is a tragedy of reasoning.

3. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

I don't know what "the REAL china" is supposed to mean, but I assume that's about the child who was hit by 2 trucks and nobody helped?

There was an article / obituary in the journal today about her. Very sad.

Is it wrong that I felt slightly comforted that their laws / courts can be as screwy as ours? The article mentioned some people saying that the reason nobody helped was the potential liability, citing an apparently famous case a few years ago where a passersby helped an elderly woman who had broken her leg, only to be sued. He lost the case, as the court decided that "common sense" dictated that he must have helped because he was somehow to blame...

Frightening how some people think... and don't think.

4. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

"Bigoted"...calling a country horrific can never be bigoted Patters. There is no other way to say it. Anyone can criticize any nation they choose and it has nothing to do with bigotry.

But then again, you have "bigotry on the brain" Patters. You look to seek it out...you always have.

My brother's wife is Chinese American 1st generation. She's the one who told me to watch the video. She's also the one that told me that is the real China today. It's a country full of scavanging & scavengers.

My sister in-law is very proud of her Chinese heritage, but she doesn't blame the Chinese people for the way they are, she blames the horrific Chinese gov't for creating the country they have today.

Also, here are some comment from people who know China...

"...my heart is filled with immense sorrow after watching this video - not only for the suffering of the little girl and her parents, but also because I know, sadly, that this is not an atypical event.

Economically, China went through amazing transformation in the last 3 decades, but the gap between have's and have-not's has increased many folds (especially with the last decade's 10 times increase of real estate value), with inflation playing a big role. Behind the facade of economic wonders, survivalism, pragmatism and materialism are the reality of many lower, middle and upper class Chinese families. The people at the bottom of the society struggle just to get by, and with the absence of social safety net and a poor justice system, many families are really just one accident / sickness / law suit / unemployment away from broken down."

Another writes.

"If you get sick, you must have cash or you die if you cannot pay immediately for care, for hospital, for medicine. You are literally wheeled out into the corridor to die if you don't have money for oxygen. I am not exaggerating. There are no credit cards in peasant culture, but there is credit."

More...

"I think the Chinese believe the growth will go on forever and everything will be great. They are hard working, frugal, productive, they save and reinvest. I wish them the best but I fear the worst coming to their newly built shining cities."

I would never insult the good citizens of China. What I am telling you as fact is that their society is a very frightening place to live...and a very sad place as well. Not because of China's people but rather due to their gov't.

That is the real China Patters. Whether you accept it or not.

5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

See my last post for a more detailed answer to what I meant by "This is the Real China".

From what my sister in-law has told me, I have zero respect for their gov't leaders and those who hold political/financial power in that God-awful nation.

6. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

Do you think those comments sound much different from what many people would say about the US?

7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

If you believe life in China is similar to life here, you're out of your mind Chico.

You need to do a little reading up on life in China.

Even our poorest of our poor have access housing and food. We have safety-nets...China has none.

If you don't have the cash for medical treatment and you're dying...you die. Plain & simple.

In this case, you really don't have a clue Chico.

Suggestion: Watch in the next 1-3 years what happens in China. I'll leave it at that.

8. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

That's all well and good, but you didn't answer the very simple question I posed.

9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Thanks for the clarification. Desperate and frightened people sometimes make bad choices. The addicts I work with every day have many stories of awful decisions, often with serious consequences for them. They acted, not out of sadism, but out of desperation, to get away from abusive parents, from violent peers, from harrowing memories (including their own bad mistakes). The same is true among any population, As China becomes more capitalist, it is gaining more wealth but not applying that wealth to provide people with a greater sense of safety. It also sounds like they some sort of health care system, perhaps something like Medicaid/Medicare or Obamacare.

10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Mainly because you have not commented directly upon my posts.

Tell you what Chico...how is the living in the US similar to living in China?

What percent of the Chinese people are peasants?

No, people who know the US and China would not say similar things about life in the US. Not even close. Keeping in mind we only give credance to people who are familiar with both countries.

11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Thanks for telling me you don't understand the Chinese economic system Patters. It's not becoming "more capitalist" at all. It is a 100% gov't controlled economy.

Capitalism can only work in a free society. If a society is not free, they have no right to say the word "Capitalism".

12. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

:rofl: you mean what you posted after I asked you the simple question?

Read what people actually say before going off on some half-baked tangent about what you think they said. Otherwise, telling "they don't have a clue" makes you look foolish.

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

You still have not commented upon anything I've posted Chici.

14. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

You need to learn to read, it appears.

You posted a bunch of comments about China. I asked you the question, "Do you think those comments sound much different from what many people would say about the US?"

It's a simple question, PR. Yes or no. Feel free to elaborate, but it's a yes or no question.

Everything else you wrote, supposedly in response to that post, had nothing to do with anything I actually said.

15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

It's my thread, not yours last time I looked. You are obligated to comment upon life in China before you can ask questions.

By the way, I did actually answer you question directly 2 posts ago...guess you didn't read it Chica.

16. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

:rofl: "obligated"

You've got quite the little authoritarian streak in you, don't you, PR?

It was a yes / no question, PR. Let me know what your answer is, because you haven't answered it. you may have answered your own question, but not mine. Again, the question was, "Do you think those comments sound much different from what many people would say about the US?"

If you don't want to answer it, that's fine, but I'm not going to waste more of my time with you if you'll only discuss what you want. College football is awaiting.

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

You can be like a little child/pest at times...guess that's your thing.

Now if I tell you I answered your question...I answered your question. Moving forward, I will without exception reply to your questions in any manner I choose and you will accept it or go ##%$$ ...self.

Did you even read this Chaco?

18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

Look in the mirror.

Like I said, quite the little authoritarian streak!

Such the tough guy! :rofl:

That's not what I asked, was it?

and you're calling me childish? hypocrite.

19. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Yes, it was EXACTLY what you asked here.

can you say "Merry-go-round"?

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

PR.
    The left wing American liberal will slobber, gush fawn and defend every third world sh!t hole and every communist dictatorship on this planet then in the same breath they will turn around and TRASH "Missisippi, Arizona And Texas"

China kills dogs and cats and makes hats out them, they strap monkey's to a table then stick the monkeys head up through a hole in the table and Eat The Monkeys Brains while he is still alive.