Welcome to PatsFans.com

This is the most terrifying thing I've seen in a while...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Stokes, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

"Speculation that Governor Deval Patrick could wind up in a Barack Obama presidential administration has been rife, and lately political and legal observers are pointing to the Supreme Court as a potential destination for the Harvard Law grad and former Justice Department official."

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...culation_swirls_around_a_patrick_appointment/

This guy on the Supreme Court!?! Yikes, I mean, people may not like Sam Alito, but he is a well-respected legal mind at least. This would be WORSE than the Harriet Miers nomination, and I thought it couldn't get any worse than that.
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Maybe a cabinet position, but not on the SC. No way he makes it through confirmation. He has no track record. There's plenty of other candidates that would make it. Obama picks a woman first.

But if Patrick gets pulled to Washington, I'm good because I get my homie Tim Murray in the corner office. A governor from Wistah? YEAH, BABY!
  3. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Massachusetts has always been a stepping stone, a launching pad. That's why I feel the state has been a bit neglected as the governors heart isn't truly in it for public service.
  4. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

GROSS!!!! I think I puked in my mouth a little.
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Truly gross.
  6. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Why would "no track record" hinder him in any way? It hasn't hurt Obama.

If the Democrats keep the Senate and the Marxist is elected, I could see 2 or 3 more Darth Ginsburgs on the SC. Of course, thanks to Harry Reid, the GOP now haw "carte blanche" to fillibuster every judge.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 1 / -9

Prince Barack Hussein Obama has many surprises up his sleeve besides Patrick, you will know more of them next year at this time.

Pray For America.

:bricks:
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I thought we were talking about a Supreme Court nomination. Different process than the POTUS election. Congress has no say in who's the president. Cabinet post is more likely.

I'm sick and tired of the carpetbagger governors, too. Dukakis, Weld, Cellucci, Romney...WTF is wrong with these voters here? Murray will be the first governor we've had who was actually born and raise here and knows the Cawminwelth (except maybe Swift?) in a long time.

NO MORE CARPETBAGGERS! That's why these guys spent like drunken sailors and leave a big mess behind.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008